It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"So you use "God" as an excuse to be nice? That's a little frightening."

Not as an excuse, but as a means. God enlivens all things you know?

"It implies that you see no reason inherent in your fellow man to exercise kindness, compassion and understanding."

Nope, all desire for holy passion is given by God. God enlivens all things and without God there is nothing.
By myself I could do nothing, but with God... Everything.

"Are you a sociopath? "

IDK, your the "psychologist" you tell me. Why do so many want to play the role of psychologist? Your wisdom is nothing compared to God's.

"That's because you lack discipline. With discipline, one may dabble in a variety of pursuits for education's sake, yet know when to pull out and why. Clearly, you either don't have the inclination or don't have the control. That's the point of self-reliance - understanding yourself so you know what needs to be done and when, how, and why. Perhaps "God" can give you some answers, but the Bible is not written on a personal basis. It will tell you nothing about yourself except on the most general of terms. The subject itself inherently limits the degree to which any instance of the Bible comprehends any one person specifically. Pair this with the fact that the psychology and social mechanics of the Bible are archaic at best, and you have something that would not be out of place in a philosophy class. Excellent material for reference work, but nothing else. "

I have weaknesses and you do too. Be concerned of your own and I will be concerned for mine.
At first I was just analyzing the Bible, then I found out there is a beautiful Creature in it, and that the bible is the introduction to wisdom itself, to Jesus Himself.

"So you are refining yourself in following "God"? On second thought, given your previous responses, perhaps that is best for you. Some people have a difficult time using themselves as an anchor for propriety. You appear to be one of them."

Who am I?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I feel that nature is perfect in how it works, I think it is in peace.

I feel that people get too far from peace in their own minds and hearts, unknowingly driving God away and accepting despair and violent character.
edit on 063131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Nope, all desire for holy passion is given by God. God enlivens all things and without God there is nothing. By myself I could do nothing, but with God... Everything.

And this sort of self-depreciating mentality is why I am an atheist.

IDK, your the "psychologist" you tell me. Why do so many want to play the role of psychologist? Your wisdom is nothing compared to God's.

Because of the first quote listed above. That's not a very healthy example of self regard at all.

Who am I?

Someone who sells themself far too short. This is a very good example of the detriments of religion.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I don't see any of this as self depreciation.

It is like marriage.

Ideally, the fiance gives her whole self and all she has to her spouse. He, in turn, does the same. They are then united and become one flesh.

So, if in the world I am nothing, then in God I have everything.

But you will probably just say this is a sad ideal and a waste of life, completely missing the point I wanted to convey.

So to that I say that I must never look back and not view my life from a sad worldly point of view. In fact I see the glories of the world as petty and insignificant. I look forward to all of God's glories and see the fruits of life clearly, of true life. The life that does not depreciate in value due to the world, but increases in faith and detachment from just that.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So it's a two-sided deal? I only see one side. You basically said you are nothing without your god. That makes it one-sided.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well in other countries the female spouse is required to give a dowry. My soul is that dowry.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well in other countries the female spouse is required to give a dowry. My soul is that dowry.

And who wears the pants in the relationship?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Whoever supports the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That is not a very helpful answer. Who assumes the most control in the relationship? Who depends the most on the other?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I depend on God. You do too, for you would not endure if he were so ashamed as to disdain you.

The reason evil cannot be immediately is because the good must be extracted from the bad. The impurity must leave and the essence of what God wants will be refined.

It is the whole process of nature. Nature is perfect because it is in the process of becoming perfect. The process is beautiful, and so is the end product.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I depend on God. You do too, for you would not endure if he were so ashamed as to disdain you.

Oh, would he smite me? Strike me with lightning from the heavens, in the manner that a father would spank his child? Let him. Let him show me how displeased he is with his handiwork.

The reason evil cannot be immediately is because the good must be extracted from the bad. The impurity must leave and the essence of what God wants will be refined.

Which is obviously a tedious and time consuming task for a being who created the world in seven days, right? Why call him omnipotent if it takes him longer to weed the good from the evil than it did to create the world in the first place?

It is the whole process of nature. Nature is perfect because it is in the process of becoming perfect. The process is beautiful, and so is the end product.

What is the point of perfection? What will happen when everything is perfect? It's all over. No more reason to be alive. Everything becomes monotonous and boring. There is no longer any appreciation for love and kindness because no one remembers what it was like to have hate and despair. The candle has no meaning without the shadow.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

"Oh, would he smite me? Strike me with lightning from the heavens, in the manner that a father would spank his child? Let him. Let him show me how displeased he is with his handiwork. "

It is not good to be mocking or to scoff. He loves you as He loves me, you're in my heart and you are also in His. We're both just a little sick.

"Which is obviously a tedious and time consuming task for a being who created the world in seven days, right?"Why call him omnipotent if it takes him longer to weed the good from the evil than it did to create the world in the first place? "

I suppose that it seems very long to us, but a day with the Lord is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day, something like that.

"Why call him omnipotent if it takes him longer to weed the good from the evil than it did to create the world in the first place? "

We need to grow still.

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. 27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. “The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ 29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

"What is the point of perfection?"

I don't know, I'm imperfect.

"What will happen when everything is perfect? It's all over. No more reason to be alive. Everything becomes monotonous and boring. There is no longer any appreciation for love and kindness because no one remembers what it was like to have hate and despair. The candle has no meaning without the shadow."

I would say that perfection grows in everything constantly. The universe is infinite and boundless. But the universe is already perfect, because it is instantly becoming more perfect.

Experience is not inferior to knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join