It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"Scripture also tells us that we are the lowliest of the low, that we have no power amongst ourselves, and that our only hope lies in him."

some men behave as saints and are very lofty, but some men behave as less than animals. I say this in regard to man's spirit and behavior.

All souls have the best and the worst inclinations.

But yes, I feel that a soul without God does not often grow upright. But you do not have to be openly worshiping to be with God. But to be with God one is fond of peace, love, good will, virtue, etc.
edit on 033131p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

some men behave as saints and are very lofty, but some men behave as less than animals. I say this in regard to man's spirit and behavior.

All souls have the best and the worst inclinations.

Which is why I'm confused when your deity apparently offers nothing other than absolute judgments and eternal servitude. Surely your god is more flexible and creative than that? Surely he has a place in his mansion for a dark prince and his grim and greedy followers? Someone all -powerful does not have to destroy anything. POOF! A new universe is made, completely isolated and self-sustainable. Why does anything have to be destroyed? Why does anything have to be cast out or ostracized?

I feel there is more to this deity's intentions and nature than you will allow yourself to examine. Just as all souls possess the worst and the best of potential, I'm certain that your god does as well. The question is, which way is he leaning, and how do we tell?
edit on 12-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Where there is peace there is God. Make your heart God’s throne by establishing peace in it and around it.

It becomes a holy weapon, spread it. Imbue yourself with it and the Fire of the Spirit will be ignited within.

Weapon. Peace. Weapon. Peace.

I don't get the connection? Weapons are for war, not peace. One cannot simultaneously prepare for war and prevent it. So why is peace a weapon? What is anything associated with peace considered a weapon? That's not peace, that's a passing calm.

It is simple, really. His piece will break your peace to pieces.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Life is not the same with God as without. I have lived in both ways I would say, and I would say that without I had no reason to even be nice to people. I made use of hatred.

But as I started to learn and read, I gained a passion for wisdom, a passion for people, a passion for God because I realized that of Him I am part, and that all along He had been offering me that which my soul delighted, but I rejected those delights for delights of the flesh.

And if I felt pain in my soul for who I am, as a lowly creature, I would offer this pain. God wants that faith, the faith as pure and perfect as gold that can stand the fires and torments of sin/hell/flesh/etc, and it increases.

I remember one Saturday I went to church and I emptied my wallet in the basket(not in a showy way or anything).
It was later that day I went to the store and was pulled over by a police officer. My car ended up being unregistered and it had to get towed(oh yeah! this also happened to be my birthday, lol)

Where would your mind be at that point?
Would you give in to despair? Would you look at God considering what you gave Him and call Him unjust?

There was a part of me that wanted to, but my faith prevailed. I examined that part of me that wanted to despair and truly learned a lesson of humility.

God does not owe me anything, nor will I suffer any less by following God, rather I will suffer more and be refined even more.

My flesh wailed and screamed but my spirit was happy and at peace. why? it is still a mystery to me, but God and His judgement are still a mystery. I cannot probe such a mystery and neither can you.

Nature sometimes seems harsh, but if you look at the big picture it is perfect. As below, so above.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. I believe there's power to states of being within ourselves, and they very much can spread. In some ways I think that may be the most powerful thing we can do in these times: Find peace within ourselves, that we can share it with others.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
A fundamental of the soul is peace.

Have no other aim than to make peace, within you and within the world. Be a member of the wave of peace, of grace, of love, of light.

Peace is the natural state and does not have to be made or achieved - just found.
Know thyself.

Peace is where you see the world from.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Someone all -powerful does not have to destroy anything. POOF! A new universe is made, completely isolated and self-sustainable. Why does anything have to be destroyed? Why does anything have to be cast out or ostracized?

The only 'thing' that appears to exist is this moment and this moment is constantly changing - each moment is new and fresh - the only way this moment can be new and fresh is if the last one is destroyed. You, as man, will not allow the last moment to die.

edit on 13-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I understand what you mean. As if you look at a calm baby they are already in peace. But it may be hard for some people to "find" or re establish peace in their minds, hearts, and bodies. So by being peaceful, you remind them of that, and of the state which is so light, free, and comfortable.

But would you mind explaining the following quote of yours to me? I do not catch on to things so easily.

" Peace is where you see the world from."

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Truly it spreads. We remind people of being in a state of peace when we are in that state ourselves.

We are one and not separate. Life is not just for us and we are not the only ones experiencing it, God enlivens all and all exists within Him and through Him. Through God we find our connection to the all.

It is a beatitude of love to be a part of the universal peace of God.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Life is not the same with God as without. I have lived in both ways I would say, and I would say that without I had no reason to even be nice to people. I made use of hatred.

So you use "God" as an excuse to be nice? That's a little frightening. It implies that you see no reason inherent in your fellow man to exercise kindness, compassion and understanding. Are you a sociopath?

But as I started to learn and read, I gained a passion for wisdom, a passion for people, a passion for God because I realized that of Him I am part, and that all along He had been offering me that which my soul delighted, but I rejected those delights for delights of the flesh.

That's because you lack discipline. With discipline, one may dabble in a variety of pursuits for education's sake, yet know when to pull out and why. Clearly, you either don't have the inclination or don't have the control. That's the point of self-reliance - understanding yourself so you know what needs to be done and when, how, and why. Perhaps "God" can give you some answers, but the Bible is not written on a personal basis. It will tell you nothing about yourself except on the most general of terms. The subject itself inherently limits the degree to which any instance of the Bible comprehends any one person specifically. Pair this with the fact that the psychology and social mechanics of the Bible are archaic at best, and you have something that would not be out of place in a philosophy class. Excellent material for reference work, but nothing else.

God does not owe me anything, nor will I suffer any less by following God, rather I will suffer more and be refined even more.

So you are refining yourself in following "God"? On second thought, given your previous responses, perhaps that is best for you. Some people have a difficult time using themselves as an anchor for propriety. You appear to be one of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

But would you mind explaining the following quote of yours to me? I do not catch on to things so easily.

" Peace is where you see the world from."

Right where you are there is what is observable and what is observing. The scenery of life is colourful and noisy. If you turn the attention inward to what is seeing and hearing you will find peace.

St Francis of Assisi said, "What you are looking for is what is looking".

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So you use "God" as an excuse to be nice? That's a little frightening. It implies that you see no reason inherent in your fellow man to exercise kindness, compassion and understanding. Are you a sociopath?

What is your excuse for not exercising kindness, compassion and understanding? What is your excuse for being dictating and condescending? Is it ignorance?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What is your excuse for not exercising kindness, compassion and understanding? What is your excuse for being dictating and condescending? Is it ignorance?

Or perhaps you're just peeved at not being able to exercise your ignorance in peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Or perhaps you're just peeved at not being able to exercise your ignorance in peace.

Ignorance and peace are different worlds.
Ignorance is the cause of conflict.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well it is not just the peace that is the weapon, but it is the spirit of God.

Maybe you should have said "tool" or "force" rather than 'weapon.' Cuz, I saw the same contradiction myself. The OP, brief as it is, seemed okay, then you brought up 'weapons'.

Anyway, I'm all for peace - and it DOES take everyone. VIOLENCE, although a natural part of being human, should long ago have been 'sidelined' by our species. There's no real reason for it anymore. Sadly, I doubt it will ever go away. In the end, we all want to be safe, secure, and have what we feel we need.

That's all I have to say about it.
Yay for Peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

But that's what it is! Eternal conflict, both sides of the coin rejecting one another, neither admitting that the other serves any kind of purpose in its own existence. That's one of the biggest things that's struck me as odd about this "God" person...he's omniscient, yet fails to recognize this? He fails to understand the enormously important role that darkness plays in the game of chess? Without the candle, the shadow has no meaning, and vice versa. Lucifer or Satan are just as important as "God" ever was, because of everything that exists, it is they who give "God" the most meaning. I find it strange that an omniscient being would be unable to appreciate that. It's almost as though "God" isn't interested in that part of his existence, like he only cares about what's convenient for him, rather than what's necessary for all. It has a selfish taste to it.
edit on 13-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The way I used the word was for an arcane meaning. I was going to take it out, but I felt better leaving it in.

To any others that see this MSG I will reply to you tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Where there is peace there is God.

Just thinking logically here. Can you give evidence and examples that back up your claim that where there is peace there is god?

I'm looking at the universe in my mind and I'm seeing suns exploding and destroying all the planets around it. I'm seeing the Andromeda galaxy heading for a nasty collision with the Milky Way. I'm seeing comets, meteors, and asteroids smashing into planets.

On earth, I'm seeing violent tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, disease...
I'm seeing lions ripping the bloody guts out of elk, tiny birds filling their bellies on bugs, fish eating fish, killer bees killing, Praying Mantises eating the heads off their mates... And then there's human fear, hatred, intolerance, war, rape, hunger...

Now, please understand that I'm sticking to the topic, and the evidence throughout the entire universe suggests that if there is a god, then he does not reside only in peace. Ts'all I'm sayin'.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I suppose I will answer you a bit better. I had no computer before. Here is the intended meaning. www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join