It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Want To Take An Oath To The Queen Of England? No Voting Rights For You!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I dont even know what to say about this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This is a very strange thread coming from a Moderator. The principles of ATS are "This is our place. We make the rules, and sometimes we make them up on the fly. If you don't like it you can go to a different board."

Why is it so hard to expand this concept to a country? It's not rocket surgery. Break the law, follow the law, change the law, or leave. But telling us that you think it's a bad law? What does that do? You're upset that people coming into Canada have to follow Canada's rules? If you're looking to find support and sympathy, it doesn't seem to be working.

(My parents were born in Canada. My mother was named an Honorary Citizen in a provincial capitol. An Aunt won a decoration for service to the government. I'll be returning there at the end of the month for a relative's wedding. Canada's a special place, stop trying to mess with it. It's not there to please you, it's there to be what it is, and the Queen is part of what it is.)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The monarchy is a symbol of continuity and tradition.

It is open to every Commonwealth realm, be it Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados etc., to break from this tradition and become a republic, or something else, as they see fit. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II continues to reign over the commonwealth realms with the consent of the people of the realms, as expressed through the governing bodies of the respective dominions. I really doubt the monarch herself cares which realms allow her to reign over them and which don't. Several former dominions like Ireland (South), India (Pakistan and Bangladesh), Sri Lanka and many in Africa, have become republics at their respective independences. In the recent past some Australians made similar noises to the ones you quoted and in a referendum in 1999 Australians rejected the Republic option and voted to continue as a constitutional monarchy with the Governor General representing the monarchy.

Understandably, immigrants may not fully understand or appreciate Canada's traditions. They may come to appreciate those traditions in time or not. But the failure of immigrants to appreciate Canada's traditions cannot be the rationale for Canada breaking with its traditions.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Unless and until we are no longer a common wealth country (Canada), that's the law.

As a citizen of the best country on the planet (Canada), I have zero problem with that.

What I DO have a problem with are all the enclaves in this country that seem to think the laws of their motherland supersede the laws of the country they chose to come to. If there's a problem in this country, THAT'S it. Not the pledge to the Queen.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Kings, queens, princes and princesses, royal families ..., all that is so retarded and so archaic, so ancient and so stupid, so void of sense and well.. so retarded.

Seeing how some people defend their masters, in the 21th century, my faith in mankind has yet to be restored.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Oh thank god I'm born here, because I didn't have to take that oath with free will and intention, and i would never ever do it. Just thought they should know that, and while here ,this is my land, my temporary home, not theirs, it belongs to us the people, they are but pimply faced, employees and shouldn't put on any airs at all.

Not annexed by the states nor under the queen, but a free and sovereign nation by the people, for the people.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

It's not your land though is it?
Most of Canada is "Crown Land"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I had to swear an oath to the Queen when i joined the RAOB in 1980, believe me i didn't want to because i had been bought up to believe that the Royal Family were a load of parasites leeching on the working man, and i still believe that today.
For those of you who don't know what the RAOB is it's the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalo's.
It's an honourable organization that does a lot for charity, some call it the poor man's Freemasons but i disagree.
My oath to the Queen of good old England went straight out the window the instant i joined, and i listened to it scream all the way down

I joined the Buffalo's because i wanted to help people which is more than the Royal Family do.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Bunch of garbage. Like taking a oath to the queen is going to change anything anyways....What is the point in trying to enforce this? Not like doing it or not will change your perspective on the queen.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I am British but I have only one single monarch as a Christian and that is not that puppet placed on the hierarchical throne of England whom is actually a member of the house of Hanover with no legitimate claim to title in the united kingdom and that goes therefor also for all those whom have received titles from her or her immediate predecessors (though I have a soft spot for the queen mother whom has past away and would have happily accepted Diana as a Titular head of state).

I find an oath of to a mortal king or queen is blasphemous when as a Christian my king is very much alive, it is his world and even when the likes of Kanut tried to teach this the sheep need there figure head, remember how angry god became when Israel cried for a king while he was right there, how we lost Jerusalem when they placed a man on christs throne and whom despite being cursed by leprosy refused the signs and portent's, refused to step down and subsequently lost it all to saladin.

Christ is my only KING and that is that, why should I bow down to someone whom can not help me or save me and will die just like me.

Anyway even if you thought the nation of Britain needed a king well here is one to put a spanner in the works and he was genuine not a fake, he had true claim through inheritance but hey whose upholding the law anyway.
www.theage.com.au...

edit on 13-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

This is a very strange thread coming from a Moderator. The principles of ATS are "This is our place. We make the rules, and sometimes we make them up on the fly. If you don't like it you can go to a different board."

I didn't realize my country was supposed to be run and operated like a private company.

I own 1/33 millionth of Canada. I don't own any part of ATS.

Why is it so hard to expand this concept to a country? It's not rocket surgery. Break the law, follow the law, change the law, or leave.

I'm requesting they do change the law. Immigrants aren't going to have any sway in doing so, therefore, citizens such as me, who understand that the monarchy has NO business in Canada, symbolic or otherwise are the ones who need to make an issue out of this.

But telling us that you think it's a bad law? What does that do? You're upset that people coming into Canada have to follow Canada's rules? If you're looking to find support and sympathy, it doesn't seem to be working.

Because it is a bad law? Are you seriously going to complain that somebody is providing an opinion that a certain law is dumb? I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm stating my opinion about not wanting to be represented by the Monarchy Of England.

It's not really a hard concept.

Canada's a special place, stop trying to mess with it. It's not there to please you, it's there to be what it is, and the Queen is part of what it is.)

Actually, my country is here to please me, since I own part of it and I pay through the nose to keep it's government operational and it's citizens in good health. So forgive me for feeling entitled to a little actual complaining.

Americans would profit from some entitlement towards proper functioning government and laws that make sense.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

HEY! ATS! I'VE BEEN WRONG AND I"M SORRY!

Dear tothetenthpower,

I've been unjust to you, and I want to apologize publicly. I became upset, and posted when I had no business posting. Anger is usually a terrible thing and I didn't do enough to deal with it. It was my weakness, and I'm sorry for having it. The result was that I didn't treat you with the dignity and respect you deserved.

I hope I can have your forgiveness.

On this Canada thing? "When in Rome . . ."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

try telling that to the sheeple ... I am sure many on ATS have tried to point out the open secret in our society. I don't think the masses of people can handle the truth and are caught in a Stockholm denial syndrome. To question the status quo would destroy the entire foundation their life was built upon..... the illusion continues....

The psychology of faith makes us blind to the truth and limits our ability to think independently. Are we all caught in our own perceptions and the faith based reality which surrounds them?

yes, it's just human nature....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
While I appreciate the debate regarding the benefites/detriments of Canada's Constitutional Monarchy Vs. a Republic, the real issue here is the immigrants.

Why should THEY be the ones forcing our hands with this regard? Like it or not, we ARE currently under the CROWN. We have CROWN land, CROWN corporations, and our entire parliamentary system derives from Britain.

New Canadians keep arriving by the hordes to OUR great land, with no regard or respect for our current rules. A lot of them do not have any allegiance toward this country at all. They bring their Asian (Soth & East) ways with them as well. (I remember when appointments were respected and kept). Honestly, If you don't want to accept our rules and want to create New Pakistan, or New Beijing, go away!!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I moved to Canada to live with my wife, who has dual citizenship in Canada and England.

I am GRATEFUL that the government of Canada allows people like me to move here and live the rest of my life in their country. I have done a whole hell of a lot more than give a simple oath to get here.

Forcing someone to give an oath based on the HISTORY of the FOUNDATION of the country one is asking to live in is a very small price to pay.

As for the OP, I would recommend taking a history lesson about the country you were born in. Whether you like how this country came to be or not makes no difference whatsoever. There are very good reasons for an oath when one is asking for CITIZENSHIP to a foreign country.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

We all have our overlords

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Pledge allegiance! Kiss my a**

Don't let yourselves be patronised - you're citizens of the world, born no different to any member of 'royalty', so don't kneel before anything you don't want to.

It's a confidence trick - if you bow to control, then you are controlled - simple.

You can be a good, construct positive force in the world without promising this to figureheads. Just promise it to yourself.

Rant over, apologies

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Why the outrage she is the head of state.
I had to swear allegiance to the Queen in Australia... and when I was a girl guide.
I am not a royalist - can't stand them the imposters. However - they she is the nominated head of state.
If not her then some crooked politician.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Some people really need to take a step back and consider things.

It's simply a symbolic gesture that new citizens have to take to express their willingness to abide by the laws of their new foster nation - there is nothing sinister about it at all.

The Queen is a constitutional monarch with very, very little real power at all.
Now there may be a lot of things wrong with the electoral and parliamentary process but there was a little matter of chopping off Charles I head which firmly established the authority of parliament over the monarch.

I assure you, if any monarch ever attempted to impose their will over parliament they would go exactly the same way as their notorious predecessor.

There is no difference whatsoever in new citizens pledging allegiance to 'The Queen' than there is pledging allegiance to a flag.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I agree that the law is law; and you should TRY to abide by it. However, I also agree the monarchy has no business in Canada, and it is up to the citizens of Canada to change that.

Here in America, though it is little known, a jury has the right to judge the law as well as a defendant.

I certainly don't think its the best country in the world, but it is in the top 5 I'd say; I am certainly surprised you let them take the vast majority of your firearms rights away, but that's a topic for another thread.

Canadians supposedly own a fraction of their country, so why do you need to pledge loyalty to the monarchy of England?

Canadian citizens pledge loyalty to the queen of England? That is a conflict of interest right there.
edit on 14-7-2013 by NikTheGreat because: grammar correction

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NikTheGreat

.........so why do you need to pledge loyalty to the monarchy of England?

Canadian citizens pledge loyalty to the queen of England?

Because she's The Queen of Canada too.....and Australia, and New Zealand etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join