It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA asking Egypt to release ex-President Morsi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The United States is calling on Egypt's military and interim political leaders to free deposed President Mohamed Morsi, officials in Washington say.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The USA has refused to call this a coup, now they're asking for the release of a massively unpopular leader who is accused of several different crimes?

I wonder why they're so interested in the well being of this guy. It's not like the Muslim Brotherhood is a good friend of the USA.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Isn't Obama looking for another DHS head?

I'm kidding of course, but Morsi was an ally of the US, he played ball.

I'm not surprised they are still supporting him.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, that's a sure way to make allies and friendly relations with the NEW Egyptian Government.

Obama is SO closely surrounded by the same people Morsi represents, it's hard to see these days where they end and his judgement begins.

They just removed this man by force. He's under arrest and is likely to be tried for his crimes against the Egyptian people ..by their laws ..by their way of doing things.

I'd like to see Cairo come right back and tell Obama to lay all hands off Snowden and never approach him again, for any reason.

They have as much right to say that as Obama does to say this.
Our President leads ONE nation...and Egypt isn't that one. He needs to keep his butt out of business that is of NO concern to him before we lose the last allies we have in this world due to his "leadership". 3 years is a LOOONG time at this rate.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I really don't understand what all the hubbub is about.

Of course the President is going to say stuff like the overthrown of an elected government was wrong.

Of course the gooberment is going to say stuff like release the ex prez.

Of course carney isn't going to go out of his way to call it a coup.

Of course they will not cut off aid.

Of course they will still send F-15's.

IT'S POLITICS....NOT REALITY

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Of course DC isn't going to call it a coup because if they did then we would have to cut off aid to Egypt. Israel wouldn't like that.

top topics

join