It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women charged $5 per scream while giving birth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
well, when have you ever heard of an entire country giving up sex? It's a lose/lose situation I'm afraid!

I would never suggest such a thing!

I have three kids. I have had sex many more times than that. Sex can be for recreation when practiced responsibly.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You are either a very brave man or a very crazy one.....I will go with brave!
I salute you on your valor sir!

Why Thank You.

And when the Ex Wife cursed me with Kidney Stones, and I happened to get them, I didn't "scream"..........

Bonus!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You are a far better man than I (in my case woman). When the first husband cursed me to rot in the pits of hell I couldn't help but scream a few phrases that would make the most hardened sailor or gang banger blush! As far as rotting in the pits of hell- that remains to be seen, but if I do I'm sure he will be there for me to torture for all eternity!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I acknowledge what women do go through in a lifetime, childbirth is never a no brainer for many, yet they will do it again gladly, that's what keeps the planet alive. It should be illegal anywhere to charge a woman for childbirth, and from knowledge gained.
By doing that, it makes everyone equal.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

We've come a little too far for survival of the fittest. We've already cured/treated so many things, that new diseases and complications have taken their place. Sure, survival of the fittest worked for a long time, and I agree with the sentiment behind what you're saying, it's just... Hospitals and vaccines ARE "natural births" now. Not worldwide, but definitely in all the "first world" countries, hospital births are the new home birth.

Unfortunate, but true.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, we're now deep into page 3 of this thread and not a single one of you has bothered to get past usatoday's headline in the *second hand* snippet of the original source article in the Washington Post, so I suppose I'll do it for you.

The original source comes from Transparency International, and their report on corruption around the world.

This link is for the article in the Washington Post.

Why is this important?

Because if you bother to read the original sources, you find the problem was *worse* than the tiny second hand snippet in the OP's posting:

Women who refused or were unable to pay their delivery fees were allegedly detained at the hospital, and charged interest on their debt until they settled it. Some say they called on family members to help them escape.
Others who were eventually released reported being hassled by debt collectors who demanded both the hospital fees and additional ‘collection charges’.

But three cheers for Transparency International (who you never head of until this posting), because they took the time to get the problem fixed.
Captive Mothers

(or then again, maybe just a simple sensationalist headline is all ATS readers want, and not the whole story)

edit on 12-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I had to stop myself from SWEARING. I've had 5 intense labors and I would not only not pay them a dime, but I would indeed be in their face iwth a bullhorn every single day of their lives, and chew up the line to whatever illegal asshat group is running that show because they would not be for long.

Scream away ladies, I had to refrain very very hard to do, from biting his hand to the bone, but it was his fault for it putting it near me.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In a country like that I'd have an army of women with carrying big clubs, bear spray in blasters and huge bullhorns. They'd be running really fast.

There's an old African zulu woman's warrior saying:

Now you've anger woman. Now you've touched stone. Now you will be will be CRUSHED!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thank you for adding good information to the thread, but since you apparently have time to delve into things more deeply maybe you should have started the thread yourself? Maybe you don't have a toddler in your lap while you are trying to post something that might be of interest to others. Did you know all about the story before you clicked on this thread or did reading it cause you to investigate further? If the latter then you have nothing to complain about, and if the former maybe next time you can start a more knowledgeable OP yourself. I will be glad to read it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
why on Earth are you forcing me to see your cats balls wigglin?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Wiggly balls not for you. Grandkid likes wiggly cat- it makes her giggle.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow I just read some things about women in zimbabwe. Its a bad place down there with disease and such, HIV for one about 34% of the women are infected. That's a huge number

In fact, 50% of the deaths are due to factors which can be prevented, such as delays in seeking care and lack of effective treatment.

Pregnancy-induced hypertension, commonly known as blood pressure, bleeding after birth, and puerperal sepsis (a serious medical condition that affects a woman during or shortly after childbirth, miscarriage or abortion) also contribute to the death of pregnant women.

Conditions such as anaemia, diabetes, malaria, sexually transmitted infections, and others can also increase a woman’s risk of complications during pregnancy and childbirth, and are thus indirect causes of maternal mortality and morbidity.

In addition, Aids accounts for 25% of the deaths among pregnant women.

According to the ZMPMS, 34% of pregnant women in the country tested positive for HIV in 2007, but only 1,8% were taking ARVs with dire consequences for their own lives and their unborn babies.

Now its my opinion giving birth at home is much safer than going to any hospital, due to superbugs, infectious disease in a central location, and doctors and nurses coming from operations carrying bacteria and such speading to another victim. But because of the poor health conditions, and diseases around there its the main reasons for making it sound like home births are more risky than hospital births.

Well if there wasn't an agenda to inject the black people with HIV through vaccines, and to have a depopulation agenda this problem would be preventable. But with Big Agro, Big Pharma, someone is trying to make money of these folks, and its purely wrong.

What those people need is to stop vaccinating with drugs and chemicals, and start teaching those people their awareness of bad food vs good organic food, healthy lifestyles, proper birthing techniques, and farming practices for starters.

Makes me smh at how evil some people can be to inject those folks with poisons telling them its good for them, later to discover they have HIV, never even having sexual intercourse.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy Alahym, I will also forget thy children.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Even with very clean home conditions and midwives, trained lay people, which would make much of the births safer, you still have to have emergency preparation. The difference between hospitals and none, is that women used to die horribly, during childbirth. I would have for my first son, who was 10 lbs, 5 ounces, and was massively torn front to back. So...I never chose home births. I think every woman in this day and age has the right to wonderful health care.

The absolute evil of any asshat that would even open his mouth, let alone try to charge someone during childbirth for screaming would be such a major issue, I can't believe that the women aren't gang stalking them and making every such male or supporter of this crapola, would go down on their knees in massive apology. And the apology would never give them their jobs back for they would have to leave.

These men are disgusting.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well I think todays thinking is "back then people were dumb, sick, and poor, and now were smart, healthy and rich".

The way everyone makes it sound is it was so horrible to live thousands of years ago its a miracle we are here today. I think it wasn't even close as bad as everyone makes it sound to be. Maybe 500 years ago during the colonial era, and midevil times it was rough but thats when there was oppression and wicked rulers. But what about all the other times nobody seems to look at.

My grandparents and greatgrandparents never had problems with childbirth. There wasn't hospitals like today and they lived in the country. So it was nearly impossible to 'run' to the nearest clinic when labor was starting. It was just normal to give birth at home, and it was safe and understood.

Now, I believe people have lost the knowledge of healthy living, and proper birthing procedures. Go read up about birthing stools and breathing techniques, foods and herbs people ate to cure diseases. Today scientists are 'rediscovering' that lost knowledge. Even the egyptians knew how to cure tapeworm, colds, and rashes with a few simple herbs and cleaning techniques. Your average person has little knowledge of how to even live on their own due to the downside of technology.

I think the statistics more correctly should reflect the type of situation in the place where the mothers are giving birth. Why did Padme in Star Wars die? She had every kind of conceivable doctor, knowledge and tool at her disposal, but they said "she has lost the will to live". Even being a sci-fiction movie, there is truth in that. The mindset of the woman will determine if she has a healthy pregnancy, and labour and delivery.

The success of a birth for a woman has many factors, which I don't seem to hear. Here's a few of my thoughts

1. How well is the relationship of the woman with her husband/bf? The worse the relationship the worse the pregnancy and labour.

2. Does the mother have a stable income supplied by the man? If she is living on her own, she is stressed beyond she can handle and the risk of death during a home birth is higher.

3. How knowledged is the pregnant woman of giving birth from her mother or sisters or midwives? Was she taught how to eat, sleep, and give birth with minimal pain and labor time?

4. How did the woman become pregnant? Through a healthy marriage or by rape? By a boyfriend who only stays with her cause shes pregnant cause the both of them didn't think about the consequences of their actions?

5. Woman who give birth at home are more relaxed and comfortable than those who leave to go to a strange hospital with doctors and nurses probing them with fingers and instruments.

I can keep going into more detail, but as you can see the issue here stands that home birth vs hospital birth is successful due to many factors.

Woman who claim they had a successful delivery because of the hospital, did you have a home birth first and it failed? How can you say 100% that the hospital made it successful, maybe it would have been fine at home as well. Defending the hospitals I think is the wrong way to go. We need education of the way we used to give birth, it was safer, it was better.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I haven't had a baby yet, but I have a deal with my husband that instead of screaming I will yodel. I also get to punch him repeatedly in the junk with each contraction. It's win win.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Woman who claim they had a successful delivery because of the hospital, did you have a home birth first and it failed? How can you say 100% that the hospital made it successful, maybe it would have been fine at home as well. Defending the hospitals I think is the wrong way to go. We need education of the way we used to give birth, it was safer, it was better.

I will answer your question. I chose to have hospital births due to a history of breach births in my family along with a history of babies being born with the umbilical cord being wrapped around the neck due to being breach. I myself was born dead and it took doctors many tries to revive me- a product of breach birth with cord wrapped around my neck. There was also a family history of hemmoraghing and during my first delivery it was necessary to give me a blood transfusion, my daughter also lost too much blood and had to be given a transfusion during delivery of my grandchild.

Let it be said I personally have nothing against home birth and would have much preferred a home birth, but because of family history it was necessary to be in a hospital setting. Before hospitals were common there were many still births in my family and two of my great grandmother's sisters died in childbirth. I chose not to take the risk and do not regret it lest I nor my children wouldn't be here.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Seektruthalways1

I will answer your question. I chose to have hospital births due to a history of breach births in my family along with a history of babies being born with the umbilical cord being wrapped around the neck due to being breach. I myself was born dead and it took doctors many tries to revive me- a product of breach birth with cord wrapped around my neck. There was also a family history of hemmoraghing and during my first delivery it was necessary to give me a blood transfusion, my daughter also lost too much blood and had to be given a transfusion during delivery of my grandchild.

Let it be said I personally have nothing against home birth and would have much preferred a home birth, but because of family history it was necessary to be in a hospital setting. Before hospitals were common there were many still births in my family and two of my great grandmother's sisters died in childbirth. I chose not to take the risk and do not regret it lest I nor my children wouldn't be here.

Take no guff for a hospital birth. Sometimes old ways aren't necessarily better ways. Did they work? Of course. Nothing wrong with medical aid; never let any dullard try to shame you for going to a hospital. Luddites need no reply. Congrats on your children and grandchildren.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by littled16

Who wants to listen to that racket anyway? Keep your legs together and there won't be any excess fees.

Maybe your mother should have done that... what with you being such a caring compassionate person an all.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

No shame here, just gratitude that hospital birthing IS available for families with a history such as mine. There is no doubt that many women would absolutely love to give birth at home but for safety reasons have no choice in the matter. I have a feeling that if those who are so opposed to hospital birthing were to lose a loved one due to complications they would adopt a different attitude about such things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join