It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives himself control of all communication systems in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Obama gives himself control of all communication systems in America

rt.com

US President Barack Obama quietly signed his name to an Executive Order on Friday, allowing the White House to control all private communications in the country in the name of national security.

President Obama released his latest Executive Order on Friday, July 6, a 2,205-word statement offered as the “Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What kind of control will this give the government over out private communications. I am aware that we have been being monitored for quite some time. But now that the integrity of all of our communications are essentially a button underneath the presidents finger, what kind of things are waiting to unfold.

I'm personally betting this will play a big role in the public outcry that should be coming soon enough. Societies around the world are rioting against their government and corruption, soon we shall do the same. It won't be clean though. TPTB will not stand to lose everything so easily and things will become a ShSt. In the event that some major economic crisis develops in the near future, (which I am currently betting on) could the president then just, disable access to the net and phone services all at once leaving everyone without any form of communication?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This Executive Order has been around since Ronald Reagan, or earlier. All Obama did was renew it, just like every other president before him.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That's my take as well. I just read over it as linked from RT and it's dated the 6th with the basic round around B.S. as the previous ones about Nuclear War...Continuity of Government and FCC operations in time of national crisis. Same same and nothing new I could see. It's also making a new committee or two or ten or whatever to advise the president on this, that and more. Whatever on that part. This guy has made more committees than Congress.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
This Executive Order has been around since Ronald Reagan, or earlier. All Obama did was renew it, just like every other president before him.

Thanks Zaph! I thought I had seen this before over the years.

And here I was thinking that I'm becoming a psychic.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is my bad, I was under the impression that this was something breaking, I was linked to it by someone I know under the same impression. Didn't even notice it said 2012.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erich94
This is my bad, I was under the impression that this was something breaking, I was linked to it by someone I know under the same impression. Didn't even notice it said 2012.

As Zaph said, it's way before 2012.

But that's ok. Everybody can't know everything. (did that make sense?)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good god, there's a remarkably similar EO from all the way back in the John F. Kennedy days.

www.fas.org...

I bet he didn't have this kind of outrage over it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

True they have always had that 'capability'.

So does RT's home country Russia.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

Something might be up with the RT article.

Published time: July 09, 2012 20:11

Edited time: July 11, 2013 15:48

What was 'edited' ?

And WHY ?

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, see, that's why I was thrown off, assuming it was something current.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh bite your tongue Neo. Russia is a nation of happy, friendly, peace loving people with happy, friendly peace loving leaders who never spy on anyone, have never mistreated anyone in custody of any kind and generally suffer the victimhood of what we evil Americans force them to endure.

And..to think.. You'd have us believe Russia is another World Power just like us. Sheesh.. where do you come up with these wild fantasies anyway?

(/sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by neo96

Oh bite your tongue Neo. Russia is a nation of happy, friendly, peace loving people with happy, friendly peace loving leaders who never spy on anyone, have never mistreated anyone in custody of any kind and generally suffer the victimhood of what we evil Americans force them to endure.

And..to think.. You'd have us believe Russia is another World Power just like us. Sheesh.. where do you come up with these wild fantasies anyway?

(/sarcasm)

*chuckles*

Indeed I sure do live in 'fantasy land',.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It is similar but definitely modernized. Furthermore, the current EO is, from what I can tell, specifically in regards to national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) telecommunication. While how big of a scope that actually is questionable considering surveillance, it still isn't all telecommunications but those telecommunications involving NS/EP areas. Basically, the "red phone" type of stuff which one would hope is set up for someone in the position of the president.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Seems like the RT article references something else but doesn't give a linked source to it as this statement, "the authority to seize private facilities when necessary, effectively shutting down or limiting civilian communications." doesn't exist in the EO. This is one of the reasons why I don't like RT as they tend to make big, sensationalist claims that may not always be adequately sourced or vetted.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

Remember, the Prez's position is temporary. He just renewed it from his predicessors. And soon, he too will be gone. It continues...and continues...nothing new here.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't see many changes from the old bills. There are a few at the end that may be worth investigating, but my eyes are sore from reading all that crap in that bill. I don't want them turning brown.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Not exactly. Obama implemented ways to actually DO it .
It why the first thing he did when he took office,was make the entire nation switch their TVs to the new air signal type.
Remember ?
You either had to buy a new flat screen ,or get one of those boxes to hook up your tv . He turned off the old airwaves .
Now he can turn off every tv radio and cell phone,with a switch .

Right after hurricane sandy ,they ripped out tons of phone wires ,claiming they were ruined by the hurricane .
This isnt true at all.
They want to comepletely irradicate the old phone lines ,starting here.
Everything will have to be sattilite controlled ,ergo ,one switch turns it all off.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Really??

So he needed a 2,205 word statement to renew some old Executive order??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good god, there's a remarkably similar EO from all the way back in the John F. Kennedy days.

www.fas.org...

I bet he didn't have this kind of outrage over it.

Well of course not, JFK wasn't black, geesh.

That's the only reason people are against the president don't ya know?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join