It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man put under house arrest ... in his sleeping bag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thought I would share with my fellow ATS'ers.
How does this make any sense at all? Make him sleep on one part of the street for a year, surely that is much much worst than prison.

The serial crook then has to stay put at 22 Via Vittor Pisani, just in front of the main station in Milan’s city centre, until 7am every morning – until April next year. He said: “I have always done my stealing at night. That’s why the court gave me this sentence. “Since I don’t have a house, there was no other solution. During the night I can’t move.” His criminal record includes attempted robbery, petty theft, and drug dealing. He said: “Once I went off to urinate, but a police patrol arrived and stopped me.” He added: “I asked to go to jail. At least there is a bed, a hot meal, and water to wash. But I’m not allowed.” Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I get it. The cops want to keep an eye on him, but he doesn't have a "home" per se (planet earth is our home) so instead of incarcerating him (which costs the state) they get innovative. During the day you can move around. At night be found in your "spot".

When I was sleeping "outdoors" the biggest threat was the police waking you up in the middle of the night and telling you to move on, kind of be "homeless" but not in my jurisdiction.

This guy got permission to stay in his camp. He should be grateful.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

He should be grateful because they let him sleep outside? What kind of world do we live in where you should be grateful to have permission to sleep on the ground ouside
edit on 12-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It looks like everyone involved need some kind of treatment. At least he can't be done for pulling his carrot in a public place!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is beyond sickening and as it violates, thou shalt not harm and common sense its illegal and crimes against humanity and i would walk away if i was him, with hopefully a crowd around him. Really want to see action against corrupt bad guy cops and judges and politicians. They really stink like something rotten.

I don't even consider him a thief. Unless he is living in a home with enough to live on, then anything he does to survive is on everyones head who supports the current system. Understood that kind of stuff all my life.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

He should be grateful because they let him sleep outside? What kind of world do we live in where you should be grateful to have permission to sleep on the ground ouside
edit on 12-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

We should ask them all to come to your house then? While you are at work they can sleep on your couch, eat your food and watch TV? You'd be surprised what homeless people want. For the most part they just want to be left alone. Permission to camp somewhere without being fined for trespassing is a homeless persons dream.

Living in your civilized world is a crime to them. 4 walls, rent, a slavish existence to the state.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't know anything about this one guy. Just speaking from experience. Most people I knew that society scourges upon were free souls, they didn't ask anybody for anything. They worked harder than just about anybody just to survive. But they would rather have that than "three hots and a cot" any day.

Of course you would have to live amongst them to know them and know that.

It sounds like these officers were doing the only thing they could, keeping an eye on the guy at night to make sure he didn't go out robbing. They didn't sentence him to living out doors, thats what he wanted is my guess.

new topics

top topics

join