It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best way to Lucid Dreaming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've had dreams that felt real before, and when I woke up I'd feel dissapointed/relieved, but I've never been able to actually CONTROL what I do in a dream. It's more like watching television, and I just happen to be in it.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one
In a dream when you look at a digital watch or some text, look away from it, look back - it changes 99.9% of the time. This is the best way for reality checks.

hmm..... What if you were lucid dreaming of you buying a watch..... Then when you wake up your not wearing one and you will never be able to know the truth.... Owww.... my brain itches.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Rofl

I had a dream, and i started becoming aware it was a dream. so i checked to my wrist for a watch but there wasn't a watch. and even though i knew i was dreaming, i'm thinking to myself...Awww i got no watch....im not going ot b able to make this dream lucid...no fun.... then i kept dreaming like normal. All coz i didn't have a watch on in a dream and even though i knew it was a dream i couldn't get away from it. how sucky.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
DaRAGE,

I've had that several times, it's kinda annoying when you become aware that you're dreaming, but then your sometimes extremely annoying subconscious takes over again...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Now, sorry for necroposting, all i know is that last time

• the other character in my dream was very pi**ed when i told her i had to leave my dream - just imagine the situation reversed, that'd be so damn weird
  • i couldn't move my arms when i (purposefully) woke up, although i could still move my legs, which is how i got around sleep paralysis, d'uh

i consider doing insane stuff in dreams abusive and tbh, i'm quite certain that my measly self is NOT pruducing the immense amounts of information required to adequately model such an alternate reality...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A couple nights ago I was dreaming and I somehow remembered to look at my hands if I wanted to have a lucid dream. Well I looked at my hands and suddenly I was flying over the roofs of houses. I mean I literally felt it was happening then I got scared in my dream and I automatically stopped flying but I stayed asleep. I knew I was asleep so I remember thinking in my dream not to be scared and to try again. I looked at my hands then I was flying again and this time I was up in the clouds soaring over a city below. It was beautiful. Suddenly I got scared again and once again I was on the ground. I awoke shortly after. I want to do this again but learn how to control where I can go and what I can do in these lucid dreams. Does anyone have advice for me. Do I sound like I did ok the first time?
Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Is it lucid dreaming when this happens? I am in my dream, and there is a river of gravy running over a large mountain of butter, I have been travling this hungry world for hours and am so tired.. I find a tent and fall asleep within my dream, now Im awake in a new world much like earth yet its not, telling my friends about this werid dream I had, saying I must have been really hungry to dream of a world made of food, it was totally silly, and feeling embarsed talking about it.. I said at the end, well you had to be there, becasue talking about the dream just didnt give it the detail it had in my head.. Then my friends start talking and say, well you know man, what if life is just a dream and your still dreaming? Im like yeah, I belive in that stuff, and we started chatting about deep stuff, and before I knew it I felt like I was on a huge acid trip!! The walls and floor started to melt, and colors filled my eyes.. Just then I thought I was totally out of my mind, all I could see where colors and this large sky I was now flying threw.. I knew I was dreaming and rocketed all over this sky and in and out of clouds.. On top of the clouds where other balls of energy flying around too, it was the most uplighting exp of my life... When I woke up in my bed I had to pinch myself to see if I was awake, and I was, but sometimes I feel like I never really woke up and Im still in a dream.. And when I fall asleep there are nights where I get sleepy and fall asleep a few times and get deeper each time.. Yet I know that Im here and I can die in this realm so it must be the real one right? This is just one exp of mine out of so many stories... Dreams to me is something that we have only begun to explore and understand!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Wow cool thread. I must try this.

However, I have noticed I was dreaming while dreaming by the sheer retardedness of holding my breath for one hour underwater.

Also I hate it when you think an AMAZING dream is real, then you wake up and find it's fake. Real Annoying.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i have been having lucid dreams for quite a few years now..and you do become better at it...at staying in the dream that is, the two favorite things i like to do the most are flying...which is very cool to say the least and telekenesis(sp) i find find myself being able to move things with my mind..just thought..it is incredible!!! i have as much as lifted and tossed a car in a dream (kinda like Magneto in X-Men) it sounds funny i know but it is so cool. the one thing i find however is to do these things it takes an enormous amount of concentration, you must be focused...because the minute you get distracted (especially with the flying lucid dreams) you start to lose the ability to control your actions. for me when i start losing focus when i'm flying...i start to feel gravity pulling at me and i have to refocus to stay aloft.

now it's not like this happens to me every night but it has happend quite often and i have become better at prolonging my experiences.

i just have to add also that moving things with your mind, has to be one of the most kick ass things you can ever experience.

great thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cessna310
i have been having lucid dreams for quite a few years now..and you do become better at it...at staying in the dream that is, the two favorite things i like to do the most are flying...which is very cool to say the least and telekenesis(sp) i find find myself being able to move things with my mind..just thought..it is incredible!!! i have as much as lifted and tossed a car in a dream (kinda like Magneto in X-Men) it sounds funny i know but it is so cool. the one thing i find however is to do these things it takes an enormous amount of concentration, you must be focused...because the minute you get distracted (especially with the flying lucid dreams) you start to lose the ability to control your actions. for me when i start losing focus when i'm flying...i start to feel gravity pulling at me and i have to refocus to stay aloft.

now it's not like this happens to me every night but it has happend quite often and i have become better at prolonging my experiences.

i just have to add also that moving things with your mind, has to be one of the most kick ass things you can ever experience.

great thread.

I can relate to everything youve typed here

Ive been so lucky to have experienced lucid dreams all my life and up until about 2 years ago OBE's too. What I cant understand is why theres this gravitational pull when your flying. You can do anything in your dreams so why is there this force constantly trying to pull you back down to 'earth'? ive found that looking at your hands definately maintains lucidity. Ive found that when using telekenesis in dreams its much easier to shift smaller objects which seems obvious but then again why? there not real objects are they so why does it take so much concentration. At the moment when im lucid im doing a lot of observing and just standing still and watching what is happening all around me and what people are doing.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
hi all

ive been following this thread and it is very interesting, i have known the basics of lucid dreaming for a while now but never really researched it, im very lazy lol.

the past year or so my dreams have become more real and as memory goes i have a pretty good one since i remember my dreams probably 90% of the time.
i have two experiences id like to share so maybe you guys can shed some light on them.

the first one is, funny because i cant actually remember this dream but all i remember is not being able to move or open my eyes, i was trying to speak but nothing was coming out, the best way to describe the feeling is as someone stated above me it was like a gravitational pull, pulling me back down to my bed and slowy spinning, then i woke.

the second one is just recently i had a dream about being on a movie set, a real weird one there where clowns and doors where opening and closing, anyway for some reason in the back of my mind i felt like i had to go to the toilet, so somehow i told myself to wake and the last thing i remember in the dream was a voice saying "wake up now", i woke and funnily enough i was busting to go to the toilet.

is it possible i have had a lucid dream before and am not fully aware of it?

well there my experiences and any comments, questions or information would be gratefull.

thanks

[edit on 18-10-2006 by keysersoze__]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whenever I dream It always takes place in a sort of rusted out place with really strange motife. Sometimes it is in a dungeon underground hiding from radioactive fallout and sometimes in the last place with plants in the world.... but I digress ever since I was a child I have dreamed lucidly... Say just last night I dreamed that I had to move an 800lb barrel of water and I just decided to move the water instead... or when I was staring into the lake and looked up then back down to find the water dark and then being attacked by a long tongue out of the blackness (this was followed by my awakening to find that I was cold like in the dream) IS IT POSSIBLE TO FEEL YOUR DREAMS!!!

Michael

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Now try to wake up from a dream in a dream but in reality.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Also you have a memory of dreams, once you are in a dream the things that happens in there are related to your dream world so to speak.

So you can remember something that happened to you before from another dream and relate it to your other dreams you can even have a deja vue in dreams.

Same goes for reality.

So my question is,

why is the person who started this thread banned? he seemed like a nice person to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join