It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'illegally detained' five-year-old Palestinian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by buster2010

"Hey, kid, you're too young to be throwing rocks at people. Let's get you home to your family. Where do you live, we'll give you a ride."

Thugs terrorizing a little boy? Wounds, and torture marks all over the place, I'll bet. This is just not a good case for yelling at Israel over, there are better ones. Or, had too much time elapsed since the last "Israel Atrocity" thread, so we needed whatever was out there?

Seeing how the thugs got an ass chewing for letting it on camera just shows how they were in the wrong. And the kid seeing his father blindfolded and handcuffed is enough to terrorize any child.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Al-Jazeera said they were reprimanded. Assume it's true. They're reprimanded for bad PR, and maybe for blinfolding the dad. Again, that's it? And the article used as source doesn't mention any reprimand.

The article used in the OP notes there were over 2000 stone throwing incidents with 150 Israeli injuries in the first five months of this year. That's a stone throwing injury every day. I can see where they'd be sensitive to it. And for that, the kid wasn't even spanked, let alone abused.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Im no Israeli fan at all, but this was a parental issue which should have involved spanking from soldiers then spanking from mom.

Kid sitting on military vehicle is just sitting on vehicle, soldier behind door is behind door because thats how door works if you need to speak on radio.

I dislike Israel, but only for strong political purposes, not everyday nonsense I experience from #ty cops on a regular traffic stop.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Cut the crap. This endless Israeli bashing is nothing more than a diversion from the fascist Neo Nazi state that your nonsense is taking us away from.. Wake up and read the Guardian.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JilianK

Mr. Confusion here. It seems you object to something I've said. Would you tell me what it is? I might be wrong, or have insufficient information. In that case, I'd like to know about it.

Seriously though, when a person like Charles starts defending Illegal Settlements

Which even the USA (a rather large backer of Israel) had no choice but to condemn verbally at least.

When someone like Charles or anyone for that matter, tries to excuse Illegal Settlements for example.

I don't know enough about the laws and the settlements to have a good opinion about them. I don't think I ever have expressed an opinion about them.

So if it's not the settlement issue, where is it we differ? Is it that you think this episode is a gigantic offense and I think it's a small one?

P.s. Sadly, I don't have an iPhone, smart phone, Blackberry, or anything like that. The technology (and cost) is daunting.
edit on 13-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That kid doesn't look anywhere near 5 years old..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

You're right, the OP has combined two different events. I'm sure it's unintentional, but it is misleading as you have discovered.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFishTail6

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The lowest point that I saw was when children were strapped to the front of Israeli military vehicles.

Do you have a link or a picture or anything other than hearsay?

I'd like to see this for myself, sounds atrocious if true....

I found that picture for you.
It is ,indeed, disturbing.

Seems like exaggeration is a two way street I guess.

It is sad that the situation in the middle east is bad enough that soldiers have to detain rock throwers and return them to their parents. In the US the little darlings are encouraged to throw rocks at other people so that we don't damage their sensitive little feelings.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am confused by the pictures of "the boy"....

The linked article pic and the pic of "a boy" tied to the truck seem to be two different kids.

I understand the issue in general, but what's with the two different kids ?

Different clothing etc.

edit on Jul-13-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The use of "human shields" is prohibited under Article 28 of the 4th Geneva Convention, which states: "The presence of a protected person may not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations." Israel has ratified the convention and is therefore bound by it.

www.imemc.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Did you post the wrong images? None of those show a civilian being used as a shield. In two of them, the civilian was secure behind a wall, not in the line of fire, and not being used as a shield. There didn't appear to be fighting anywhere near the boy on the truck, he was sitting fairly casually on it.

What did I miss?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Umm. The kid is being taken in a Jeep. Where is the part about him being detained?
Even at the beginning of the video, the one that holds the kid by his hand while he's jumping and shouting is clearly not an Israeli soldier, more resembling a relative of the boy or something.

I'm sick of MSM news for being what they are, an outrageous propaganda machines designed to make an emotional story out of every little speck. This is why I come to alternative news places like ATS.
And now I see this? I'm beginning to think that the MSM does what it does because that's simply the modern mind-set. Evidently it is.

Originally posted by buster2010
Seeing how the thugs got an ass chewing for letting it on camera just shows how they were in the wrong.

Not really. It just shows they are being punished for taking the bait in front of the cameras. There are courses specifically for these events in the IDF I'm aware of.

And the kid seeing his father blindfolded and handcuffed is enough to terrorize any child.

Regardless of why the father was handcuffed, this is pretty different than detaining a kid, like the title suggest.
How honest are you?
edit on 14-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InstantRemedy
Umm. The kid is being taken in a Jeep. Where is the part about him being detained?
Even at the beginning of the video, the one that holds the kid by his hand while he's jumping and shouting is clearly not an Israeli soldier, more resembling a relative of the boy or something.

I'm sick of MSM news for being what they are, an outrageous propaganda machines designed to make an emotional story out of every little speck. This is why I come to alternative news places like ATS.
And now I see this? I'm beginning to think that the MSM does what it does because that's simply the modern mind-set. Evidently it is.

Originally posted by buster2010
Seeing how the thugs got an ass chewing for letting it on camera just shows how they were in the wrong.

Not really. It just shows they are being punished for taking the bait in front of the cameras. There are courses specifically for these events in the IDF I'm aware of.

And the kid seeing his father blindfolded and handcuffed is enough to terrorize any child.

Regardless of why the father was handcuffed, this is pretty different than detaining a kid, like the title suggest.
How honest are you?
edit on 14-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

Had you actually read the article and other links provided your questions would have been answered.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Having read the article I can't think of any other country where this would be anything but a couple of column inches in a local paper. If any 5yr old kid was caught throwing rocks here in Britain the police would take him back to his parents. They would then probably both be taken to the police station for a stern talking to. I shouldn't be surprised this story is from the BBC. They spent hundreds of thousands of pounds of licence payers money keeping evidence of their anti-Israeli bias secret.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Israel and Palestine... Both are disgusting countries, no comparisons need to be drawn.
I blame religion.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Does anyone find it odd that a little 5yr old rock thrower just happens to have a camera crew following him around to film him? This smack of a set up to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join