It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bi-partisan group of Senators proposes legislation to BREAK UP THE BIG BANKS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
At least 2 of those names are among the most crooked shysters in the Senate. I wouldn't trust McCain or Warren to wash my car or hire a crew to do it. They would find a way to screw it up and corrupt even that.

If they're talking about breaking up the big banks, then the big banks found a way that will be to their advantage, IMO. It sure won't be against them as some type of attack. Not with that group of names, to be sure.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
At least 2 of those names are among the most crooked shysters in the Senate. I wouldn't trust McCain or Warren to wash my car or hire a crew to do it. They would find a way to screw it up and corrupt even that.

If they're talking about breaking up the big banks, then the big banks found a way that will be to their advantage, IMO. It sure won't be against them as some type of attack. Not with that group of names, to be sure.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

That's the first thing that stuck out to me, as well. We can either look at it as "those two corrupt people can't possibly do this right" or... we can put an optimistic spin on it and say "If those two corrupt politicians can see the banking monopoly for what it is, then others will have to!"

I'm not holding my breath but I'm not going to discount it yet, either. Cross your fingers or paws or whatever.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Elizabeth Warren has been pretty steady when it comes to her position on the banks. She has constantly questioned why no banks were prosecuted and nobody was held accountable for the financial mess they caused. This move is just another step in her agenda to hold the banks accountable.

You may not like her for her other policies but, her integrity on this issue lets me know that this is something she is serious about. I know she's a liberal D but, if she holds the banks accountable and breaks them up, she's got my vote (she would if I lived in her state anyway).

Sometimes you have to look passed the party lines when someone actually proposes good legislation. Not everything that comes from the "wrong side" of the isle is bad for the country.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Elizabeth Warren is one of the single most detestable liars I've seen in national politics in my living memory. Sorry, but it's how I see it. She knowingly and for personal benefit lied about her heritage to claim Native American ancestary/blood line. She not only did it when younger, but carried on with the lie with into election season. Youtube hasn't been kind to her for rewriting that bit of history and her statements to reaffirm her fantasy heritage are there for all to see and hear ...while she's told everyone not to believe their lying ears.

That level of open deception, and the topic it was for especially, is something I cannot forgive or EVER give her the benefit of the doubt on for any other matter, in any way. It should have disqualified her outright from ever serving in elected office, anywhere in the United States as far as I'm concerned. That's just HOW deeply I feel about claiming racial or ethnic heritage you absolutely know has no truth whatsoever to it ...but doing so anyway, figuring you won't be caught and if you are, you can make so it doesn't matter anyway.

So..I wouldn't mind seeing this proposal go through, but given who is advancing it? It's like a pack of foxes planning out security for the Chicken Coop, then hoping for a good outcome. I'd want to see every last word and page of the final version before believing we weren't being screwed somehow.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You know, in my family, my grandfather used to tell us that we had a "drop of Indian blood" because of family lore about a Native American ancestor. When my mother was working on the genealogy for our family, she discovered that, while we didn't have that "drop" in our particular portion of the line, the fact that we did have a Native American in the family was true. My great-great grandfather's brother was married to a Native American so although we didn't possess that drop, our second or third cousins did. My mom was actually lucky in being able to find that information. Native American genealogy is, in fact, incredibly difficult as that information was not recorded or scantly recorded up until the 20th century. My daughter is half Native American and, although her own Native branch genealogy goes back to the early 1900's, nobody in their right mind would question her claim that she is half Nat Am due to her dark brown hair, super dark eyes, and coffee w/cream skin. The information on her furthest back Native American ancestor is really shoddy. Basically Hastiin *nickname* and "Yenovah". Hastiin and Yenovah mean "man" and "woman" respectively and were part of the Dine naming convention. No date of births or deaths for what would be her great-great grandparents. Think on that for a second.

That's both the problem with Warren's claim and her opponents but, given that Warren is from Oklahoma, there's a greater chance that she does have a Cherokee ancestor. Based on the example of my daughter's own genealogy, it's kind of a lame attack. My daughter is, btw, tribally enrolled.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Forgot one more grey area in terms of tribal membership/ancestry. Many tribes (not 100% sure if Cherokee is one) would accept whites as members of their tribe when the white was introduced into the tribe through something akin to "adoption". Basically, a runaway or kidnapped white would become a member of the tribe (think Dances with Wolves). When I was living with the Dine, I was considered by all to be a member of the tribe although I don't have a single drop of Nat Am blood in me. My "adoption" was because I carried a Dine child (blood mingling) and my status was deferred to my son as well though he also didn't have a single drop of Nat Am blood in him. Although we'd never in a million years be federally recognized and were not allowed to vote on tribal matters, in all other respects, we were treated like Dine in ways such as being treated by IHS (go figure lol) and access to medicine men, which is almost always restricted from "outsiders". I would say that that could also cause some issues with family lore/ancestry.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They/We have got to do something about "high financial crimes and misdemeanors". Maybe the International Criminal Court at The Hague needs a whole new division and set of responsibilities covering the sorts of things that might be termed "financial crimes against humanity".

Why should everyone, high and low, in this world have to go through the trouble caused by vast crooked financial manipulations, simply to indulge the whims of very few extremely wealthy people who really ought to be occupying padded cells and not bank boardrooms.

The large financial interests in this world have a symbiotic relationship with the rest of human society. Both sides need each other. It's high time that relationship was subject to oversight.
edit on 13-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

The problem is simply that Elizabeth Warren was not, in my view, working from an innocent understanding of her own background but playing a B.S. story that started before she really considered anything like the meat grinder of national political elections. She played it repeatedly though and she's been all over the place about explanations and qualifications. Harvard as well indicated one thing early on and another, later. Political school that they are, it's hardly surprising there. However, there was absolutely, positively nothing remotely innocent about how she played herself off as something she wasn't, in my view.

Aside from plenty of you tubes showing her own stumbling statements on the whole issue, someone went through the trouble of making a Wiki for it. Not a Wikipedia entry, a Wiki JUST for this. It hits the important points though and just like Wikipedia, it isn't believing whats written which makes it useful. It's the endless links at the bottom to sources which substantiate what's said above for the value of it.

Lame attack to some perhaps, but this is one I actually feel pretty strongly about, personally for the nature of the fraud I believe she played off. Not many have stooped quite THAT low. Someone has to set the bar and define bottom tho, I suppose.

Warren - Wiki
edit on 13-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I will believe it if it ever gets signed into law! 30% larger since 2008..hummm...I wish my bank account (investment savings) was 30% larger....I would even take 10% and be happy!

They only grew 30% larger because of all the money that was funneled into quantitative easing. It went straight into their bonuses.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Warren and McCain - liars and thieves - they have an alternative agenda than to "save" the US - don't know what it is right now - but it will come out.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
I predict four freaky fatal accidents in the future ...

I thought that as soon as I read the title of the thread.

I think a good start would be to disband the FED.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm well aware of who Warren is and her statements on this matter as well as Harvard's. However, considering the issues that I cited in regards to Native American ancestry, it's a non-starter in either way. The Dawes Rolls would be the best bet for finding a Cherokee ancestry but those only begin in 1898 and are not entirely inclusive. Interracial marriages were pretty taboo in the 19th century so the tendency was to downplay a spouse's heritage in paperwork because, in many places, the marriage would not be legal. The lack of comprehension of these facts is really a testimony to the ignorance that we whites generally have in regards to Native American matters. My daughter is lucky that she knows that her great great grandparents' names were Hastiin and Yenovah (all Navajo were Hastiin and Yenovah though back then). On her maternal grandmother's side, they don't even know the name of the Apache woman that gave birth to a son and abandoned him with a former US Calvary who owned a trading post. Let alone the father. Pretty tumultuous times for the tribes so they don't have neat censuses and birth and death certificates like we do. My daughter's father used to be so jealous that my ancestry was directly traceable as far back as 1100 years ago when he only knew his back 100 years. And that's for a full Navajo. Sometimes family lore is all one has in regards to heritage.

That's why I say it's a lame attack. Only DNA testing would really indicate such a heritage in anyone but personally, I don't think it'd be cool to enforce a DNA test on someone because of something their opponent declared that relies on our own race's ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Traitor McCain must be up for re election.

This will never be passed because the bankers own congress. And the executive branch. And the SCOTUS.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Tazkven
I predict four freaky fatal accidents in the future ...

I thought that as soon as I read the title of the thread.

I think a good start would be to disband the FED.

Excellent point ! They will not dare confront the elephant in the room . Anything less is simply political posturing. Unworthy of consideration even by the lost souls who suggest e-mailing their alleged representatives will be of any consequence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join