It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

If you transplant a man's head onto a woman's body, what does that make them?

Do we go by what they feel like or what they are?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can see a market for cloning your own body.
I can see people disappear (time to take a tattoo "this body is property of Dumbass")

Transgendering people could be intrested.

Anyway it is weird.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by Rodinus

The monkey is really sad, for I think it was 3 days he could see, he could respond, he could feel, but he could not eat.

I can't even look at those images or the 2 headed dog that was created, those poor things

I think you can understand now why i did not want to link that here?

The eating would be extremely difficult taking into account the amount of heavy surgery that was/would be needed to connect the different tissues and trachea etc... (naso gastric feeding would probably be the only solution for at least a month or two!)

Then you have the issues of how the lower part of the body will respond to the brain with all the different nerve connections?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 12-7-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by Rodinus

If you transplant a man's head onto a woman's body, what does that make them?

Do we go by what they feel like or what they are?

I don't think that they would go that far for ethical reasons, but if that did happen, then i would say Transgender?

Difficult debate that one but probably they would go by what they feel AND are?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Interesting. I wonder however, how likely it is that an entire donor BODY would be available for such a proceedure. Also, I wonder how well a brain would be able to take command of a new body, how well it would be able to regulate the heartbeat of an unfamiliar heart, how fast it would learn how this body works, what its quirks and ideosyncrasies are, and what they add up to in terms of differences in operation.

Finding donor body would be the least problematic element to all of this.

People onlife support are declared brain dead all the time, yet their body is technically still alive and well.

The machine is keeping it alive, even though the brain is dead (the person is dead). Loads of head traumas, comas, bacterial brain infections, encephalitus where brain injury and death is caused, will mean that plenty of entire bodies will be available for this.

If this works and takes off, i can see a time where countries who still have a death penalty will make legislation where the death sentence is done in such a way to damage and kill the brain only, and leave the body intact, which will be given up for transplant purposes.

Dodgy, as it would probably lead to miscarriages of justice...especially if the condemned is the 'right' tissue match.

At first though, i seriously doubt that a head would be transplanted onto a donor body and the body will function normally..at least at first, i'd imagine the head would be transplanted and the person would then live as a quadriplegic, basically not having control of any limbs or movement, except the normal life functions of heart and lung function and other autonomous stuff like that.

MUCH better than death, but not exactly getting a new functioning body either...the body would be acting more like a biological but very limited life support system.

Once the technology improves, then it might be possible to restore complete and normal function to the donor body, but i don't think any of them will be running around playing football in the early years.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

At first though, i seriously doubt that a head would be transplanted onto a donor body and the body will function normally..at least at first, i'd imagine the head would be transplanted and the person would then live as a quadriplegic, basically not having control of any limbs or movement, except the normal life functions of heart and lung function and other autonomous stuff like that.

In the second link of my first post is the review written by Sergio Canavero, he actually thinks that it is possible to repair the spinal column by means of of fusogens, special membrane-fusion substances, meaning that there is an eventual possibility that the person may be able to move and carry out certain everyday tasks. (although i guess not to a 100% level!)

Another interesting quote i came across was from Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley who said the following :

"But how well will we as a society accept the concept that human brain transplantation involves transplanting the mind and spirit? Are we willing to acknowledge that the human brain is the physical repository of the soul, something this operation implies?"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Does this mean I can get my head put on a chimpanzee?
If so I will rule you all

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Does this mean I can get my head put on a chimpanzee?
If so I will rule you all

I should have seen that one coming 10 miles away

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

and then with my body we could put the chimps head on and he would be my Manpanzee

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Rodinus

and then with my body we could put the chimps head on and he would be my Manpanzee

Well, as long as it is not a Manpansy

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Brave new World !

I can imagine TPTB getting new bodies for their old alzheimer/parkinson destroyed brains and doing "great" decisions for our benefit.. hmmm

Brains still will be old no matter how new is the body...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I can see I already ultra rich people at 80 undergoing body transplants, with young people who died from head trauma.

I had the sudden image pop in my head of Malory Archer's head on Cheryl Tunt's body. Thanks for that guys.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
Brave new World !

I can imagine TPTB getting new bodies for their old alzheimer/parkinson destroyed brains and doing "great" decisions for our benefit.. hmmm

Brains still will be old no matter how new is the body...

Alzheimer/Parkinson destroyed brains of TPTB?..

More like the coke/expensive champagne destroyed brains of TPTB!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word changed

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Instead of looking for a donor body which would have tissue match issues, it would be better to clone a body for the recipient. Though this has problems of its own regarding time required in cloning the new body. With this at least the moral and ethics issue of placing the head of one person on the body of another would be solved but would the clone be aware? If not then all you have done is upgraded to a new body. However if it is aware, you have just opened up Pandora's box.

Don't you know that if this can be done the government is up to their neck in it as the possibilities for abuse is astronomical. Due to guaranteed abuse, morally and ethically don't go there, nothing good will come of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
...it would be better to clone a body for the recipient. Though this has problems of its own regarding time required in cloning the new body. With this at least the moral and ethics issue of placing the head of one person on the body of another would be solved but would the clone be aware? If not then all you have done is upgraded to a new body. However if it is aware, you have just opened up Pandora's box.

This was done in the 1983 novel "Rainbow Credenza" by J. Neil Schuman, except the clones were grown without brains and then the original's brain was placed in a new body when their old body wore out.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

This was done in the 1983 novel "Rainbow Credenza" by J. Neil Schuman, except the clones were grown without brains and then the original's brain was placed in a new body when their old body wore out.

In this case you have solved the issue of the clone being aware so you would just be getting a body upgrade, not much of an issue. The working class would never be afforded such a luxury unless they were of high value to the TPTB. I would also suspect that the public would not be informed either.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Next step is attaching the brain stem to a cybernetic body. I'm game for it in 20 years.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
I can see a market for cloning your own body.
I can see people disappear (time to take a tattoo "this body is property of Dumbass")

Transgendering people could be intrested.

Anyway it is weird.

Cloning, that just creates your twin, with a different soul, a different person with full rights.

The only advantage would be, cloning your organs, independent of a body/brain, and I believe they can already do this, which is why we could already be eating cruelty free meat.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This expensive and very risky procedure may be designed for the ultra rich PTB who want to extend their lives and abuse of power, and probably obtaining a match or desired body via murder, Or setting the person up legally. I really hope this isn't preliminary to NWO stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I don't think I'd want to do that. I'm accident prone and clumsy enough in my own body, I can just imagine how exaggerated that condition would become trying to navigate around in an unfamiliar body. I might lose my rolling pin swing!
Besides, with 15 million dollars I could have a lot of fun and do a lot of good before I left this world to meet my maker- I'd rather do that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join