It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Anti-Vitamin Studies Are Faked - Manuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Big Pharma and their cohorts routinely come out with "studies$" showing vitamins are harmful.

They never come up with studies showing deaths from side effects of their brand drugs.

This is how they do it:-

Quackity quack:

Eight evil genius ways to fake a vitamin study (and scare consumers into being afraid of fish oils)

All these people attacking vitamins are the very same people who are on the take from Big Pharma. Remember, too, that companies like GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) have already been convicted of multiple felony crimes by the U.S. Department of Justice. And today in China, GSK was caught yet again engaging in widespread bribery and criminal fraud.

See the Natural News story: GlaxoSmithKline admits to criminal pharma fraud in 3 billion dollar case

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky
Big Pharma and their cohorts routinely come out with "studies$" showing vitamins are harmful.

Really? I must have missed them. I mean I have seen studies about excessive doses but I don't recall anybody coming down on supplementals in supplemental doses.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by beckybecky

Really? I must have missed them. I mean I have seen studies about excessive doses but I don't recall anybody coming down on supplementals in supplemental doses.

In this link here you will find many references that you can Google : www.nytimes.com...

Happy reading

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

In that article they seem to be talking, at least the vitamin c part, about mega doses. All the references about this or that study leave out any info about dose.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

In that article they seem to be talking, at least the vitamin c part, about mega doses. All the references about this or that study leave out any info about dose.

The references themselves in the link i provided don't of course give any information about Dosage, that is why i invited you to Google the references in order to find the reviewed scientific articles which will go into more detail and give you information about dosage.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find it hard to understand why "big pharma" would rubbish their own products.

What?
You didn't know "big pharma" sold vitamin supplements?

They have been doing so for a very long time indeed in fact Linus Pauling (he of the vitamin C claims) was sponsored by Roche to promote vitamin C.
Roche are still one of the world's biggest manufacturers of vitamins along with Pfizer.
(check from 1936 onwards)

www.pfizer.com...

Do you really think that these companies would shy away from such a lucrative business as vitamin supplements?
edit on 12/7/13 by Pardon? because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
So you expect someone else do do all the work for you?

Meh, if someone makes a claim then it would mean that they already did the leg work.

Sorry but i have given you enough information to find out for yourself and not come back with that ages old and now becoming tedious expression "pics or it didn't happen"

Ages old but appropriate. It's only tedious if you don't have the "pics".

I think you are intelligent enough to do your own research if you want to gain more information.

and maybe intelligent enough to ask for something to back up claims before heading out on a wild goose chase.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Forget it, you are ruining this thread for other people with your argument making, lets just drop it for maturities sake huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

What i meant to say was not for the active participants of this thread but for posters who would have potentially participated and just seen people bickering over something so trivial.

I don't know if you have noticed but not one person (throughout the world) has commented since your post at 04:06 am?

I took a couple of minutes just to come up with a couple of reviews that could be found in that link that i provided and for some strange reason i didn't come up with 15 million hits!!!???

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
annals.org...

I am out of this thread now as i do not wish to waste my time arguing with you.

Enjoy your day.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on Sun Jul 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

From your first link:

Overall, the antioxidant supplements had no significant effect on mortality in a random-effects model meta-analysis

So it doesn't seem to help the OP any.

The second is titled "Meta-Analysis: High-Dosage Vitamin E Supplementation May Increase All-Cause Mortality", (emphasis on "high dosage") and it says:

Limitations: High-dosage (≥400 IU/d) trials were often small and were performed in patients with chronic diseases. The generalizability of the findings to healthy adults is uncertain. Precise estimation of the threshold at which risk increases is difficult.

They seem to be pretty clear about the poor reliability of the study.

So where exactly is the proof for the claim in the OP? You offered that article and I guess you thought it was pointing in the right direction but, your couple of minutes may not have brought up millions of hits but it also didn't bring up any proof.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I really believe the naturalnews.com skews things to attract a certain audiance.

edit on 13-7-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Judging by the way this thread has gone I fell obliged to also offer my apologies for ruining the thread by completely spoiling the OP's premise with facts.

As an aside, against my better judgement I clicked on the natural news link (I feel more stupid now for doing so).
Considering they have stated 8 "facts" there is absolutely nothing whatsoever to back them up other than unconnected reports of dodgy dealings.
Talk about 2+2=8.99212.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Judging by the way this thread has gone I fell obliged to also offer my apologies for ruining the thread by completely spoiling the OP's premise with facts.

As an aside, against my better judgement I clicked on the natural news link (I feel more stupid now for doing so).
Considering they have stated 8 "facts" there is absolutely nothing whatsoever to back them up other than unconnected reports of dodgy dealings.
Talk about 2+2=8.99212.

You know Pardon, i sincerely think you need not apologise for posting something that you thought that at the time was relevant, i also did the same thing as you... trying just to contribute without getting too heavy because of lack of time...(However i was intending to work a little more on this subject this weekend until i observed the behaviour of a certain poster and was completely put off at the near beginning of this thread) BUT unfortunately people expect much more without also contributing actively themselves and feel that the only contribution they can add is critisism of other posters.

At least you took the time and made the effort (as i did too) to try and find some facts or info on the subject (even though apparently this is not enough for other people)... for others this can be classed as a wild goose chase and as i read in another post a couple of days ago, some people expect others to come up with proof etc, but cannot be bothered to take the time themselves to research.

My sincerest apologies also to the OP for the way this thread has turned.

It looks like you and i are the only people who have enough respect to actually apologise to the OP.

I take my hat off to you Pardon.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

It is such a shame that Beckbecky could not contribute a little more but i can understand due to the circumstances.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 13-7-2013 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling

edit on 13-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Even more crap spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

I find it hard to understand why "big pharma" would rubbish their own products.

What?
You didn't know "big pharma" sold vitamin supplements?

Do you really think that these companies would shy away from such a lucrative business as vitamin supplements?
edit on 12/7/13 by Pardon? because: Spelling

vitamins don't make much money as they can't be patented.wake up and stop being naive.

actually big pharma don't really make that many vitamins or rather high quality vitamins as large amounts of synthetic crap in them from petroleum products.

in fact they are trying to ban vitamins or make the quantities of the active and USEFUL ingredients so small as to be worthless.

the big money is in the treatment NOT CURE.

healthy people don't make money.

MONEY IS IN THE TREATMENT.

For example a diabetic is a cash cow for the remainder of their life taking those tablets.

no money in cures

a patient cured is a customer lost is an industry saying.

look at me.i am healthy.i don't spend any money on RUBBISH DRUGS FROM BIG PHARMA.

i supply my body with all required nutrients and minerals from proper vetted sources.

i am healthy.

i have not been to the doctor for decades now.

big pharma must be enraged.so you must be enraged at me as well as your masters are not making any money from me as you seem to one of their foot soldiers.a very loyal soldier.

we all know what happens to foot soldiers and their value.

i sit in my garden and i look at ants.if if one of them stops moving do i care?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Ah, I see. I'm not denigrating big pharma so I must be employed by them.
What an enchanting little world you must live in.
Did you actually read my initial post or did you just immediately decide I was some sort of shill?

I'm pleased you haven't been to the doctors for years, same here (apart from a dodgy hip).

It really doesn't matter at all whether or not you can patent vitamins, you can still produce and sell them and it's the selling which makes the money, not the patent.

Do you know how much the supplement business was worth in the US alone last year?
$23 BILLION.
That's just one year, one country.
So spare me the old "the money's in the treatment" nonsense.
The money's obviously in the "prevention" as well.

Did you actually care to take your head out of the clouds to read the link I posted?
If you can be bothered, have a quick look at this then tell me I'm wrong.
Take some vitamin A first though, I believe that's good for the eyes...

Firms Reach for Vitamins

edit on 14/7/13 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Do you honestly think these companies wouldn't fake a bunch of studies (and pay off a bunch of researchers) in order to try to discredit vitamins, superfoods and fish oils?

This is really the only question that needs be answered....Which I'll answer for you unless you are mentally lacking upstairs..... Absolutely, these companies pay off anybody and everybody to get what they want. Vitamins and natural easy to procure remedies hurt their profits.... It's a no brainer, they have everything to gain, and nothing to lose. They just bribe anybody that speaks out, and silence the ones who can't be bribed..

Argue as much as you want pseudoskeptics....My brain and intuition work just fine, and I can see easily for myself that the word of these people is NOT to be trusted...

top topics

join