It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... what now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Yeah I know, you're too nice.

Look, she's gonna cheat on him anyways, it may as well be with you.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

No, it shouldn't. Look, there's no possible way I could ever justify that. I've got no problem with women who aren't taken, but married women are a no go zone, and that's not going to change. You don't just change your morals just because you want to get laid. Only jackasses do that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I don't see what morals have to do with it. Could you imagine if everyone was like you?
Sure no one would get cheated on, but everyone would be SO BORED in their relationships. Life would be miserable. Excuse me for giving a poor married woman a little bit of excitement once in a while, lord knows moral, holier than thou husbands can't do it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You know, a lot of women who run around on their men are the ones at fault. They like to pull the "my husband doesn't love me enough" line, but 8 times out of 10 that's just the line they use because it works. They get your pity and that makes it easier to get what they want from you. Tell yourself what you want to feel better about it, but that's usually the case in the end.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

It's not my job to place fault.
I don't care if people cheat on their wives and husbands, and I don't care the reason, because the bottom line is it's going to happen because of simple human nature. And I'm not simply referring to the fact that humans are not monogamous or that they're very sex driven. There's a lot more at play here. People are always in search of new adventures. No one wants to eat spaghetti every night, even if it's darn good. And marriages as a concept are asking for backlash. It's a business deal that leads to misery, a dangling carrot that by the time you actually get a bite it's gone bad bad bad......

I hate to place fault and boil things down to vague concepts like good and bad. Or maybe it's that everything else is vague and good and bad aren't, whatever...point is, people care about acquiring information. If something gets in the way of that, people will find ways to circumvent it. Don't hate the player, hate the game. There's something really unnatural and dangerous with the concept of marriage, so of course people will subconsciously revolt against it.

I just don't think people are evil, or bad. I don't see them as good and saintly either. Though I think in general they lean in that direction. But that's not what this is about.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Honestly, I think you've been screwed around and took it the wrong way. Look, it's not human nature to cheat. If it was, everybody would do it, and I can guarantee that is not the case. For example, I know a lot of people who've been married 20+ years and are happy, and guess what? They're faithful to each other. Now, by your logic, that shouldn't be possible. Do you see what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

getting away with stuff is easy. I should know.
being married does not mean happily married.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Join one of those singles clubs where you meet during events, and mingle with other singles. Those seem like good options, fun things to do, easy to just bow out, and a chance to get to know others in a non-stuffy situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My friend, the harder you look for love, the harder it's going to be to find. At least in my opinion. Let love find you. Look for a friend, not a partner. Just get in before you get trapped in the friendzone. Haha.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
some interesting advice in this thread. i haven't had a date in 2 years. it's depressing.

i like the volunteer idea and the bartender idea.

online dating..... i'm surprised you didn't have luck with that. it seems like everyone i know has tried it and met someone. i have given it a couple of times until 2 years ago it went horribly wrong and i haven't been on a date since.

i wish you luck. i think i'm doomed to be single for the rest of my life LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I am always polite in letting them down- wouldn't want to bruise anyone's ego!
reply to post by littled16

I just had to comment on this...I find this little statement so sweet...As a mom of a grown son...just wanted to say thank you, it's women like you that make men stronger and better, not weaker and insecure...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I hope your a girl because i'm melting..If your a pink team player,I love you too

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I wish more people felt the same way as you on this issue.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Nope, straight male here.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

There just aren't that many women who do the online thing in my area.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Have any hobbies or interests ?

Join a club or group. How great would it be to meet a lady who has the same interests as you...

Love comic books ? Go to comic book conventions.
Star Trek fan ? Go to the Trekkie gatherings.
Love star gazing ? Join an astronomy club.
Enjoy hunting ? Join a hunting club.
Spend your spare time knitting scarves ? Join a knitting group.

Etc etc.

If you want to meet certain types of ladies, then you need to hang out where they do.

Not only will you be getting yourself out of the house, have some fun, meet new people, make new friends... you might luck out and find that special someone with the same interests.

Either way, it's a win/win.

Networking with other people is the key.
You won't meet anyone sitting at home polishing your Tonka truck collection.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Learn to enjoy being alone. Seriously. Learn how to enjoy and (at times) cherish time to yourself to do what ever it is you like to do. Find peace and soak up the solitude. I know that sounds silly, but how can you expect to find a good woman who enjoys your company when you don't even enjoy your own company?

Stay by yourself until you are ok with yourself. You might be surprised at what you learn and you might become a little more clear headed on what it is you want and how you might get it. Being unable, unhappy, or unwilling to be alone will cause you more heartache than you want. Folks who can't picture being alone stay in situations where they shouldn't just because they need the company. Solitude scares them. Being alone frightens them. There are people out there that look for the folks who are unhappy alone. They know they can call most of the shots and the other person will stay with them because the alternative is unimaginable.

I am not saying you are one of those people, but you did say you didn't like to be single. Find a way to learn to like it. Make yourself happy and then work on finding someone you can share that happiness with.

Edited to add that I in no way mean any offense. I hope none is taken.
edit on 9/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I do, It's just that there's not much in my area that goes with my hobbies other than car shows, hunting, camping, and karaoke/open mic night.

I'm a huge star wars nerd to the point of even writing fan fiction.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I've never really liked being alone.

Oh I'll go out for a walk or a drive by myself every once in a while, but I just don't have much fun by myself. The only time I like to be alone is when I go out hunting. I usually don't even shoot, just like to sit by myself in a tree sometimes.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

LOL!! You crack me up!!

Anyway...hang in there Dave.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join