It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Example of Good UFOlogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

What do you know about Triangular UFOs? UFOlogist David Marler - the primary investigator of the January 2000 Illinois triangle reports and a former MUFON state director - gave a great interview on this very topic recently on Coast to Coast AM. The interview starts at 1:16:28. Unfortunately, it's George Noory.

Richard Dolan just published Marler’s first book, Triangular UFOs: An Estimate of the Situation.

In Chapter 7, the author lists "twenty common characteristics repeatedly described by eyewitnesses which help provide a working profile for these UFOs".

These characteristics can be divided into two categories, primary and secondary, consisting of ten each. The primary characteristics are those that are displayed in the vast majority of triangular UFO reports. The secondary characteristics are not as prevalent, yet have surfaced repeatedly over the years. Together, they provide a working model of the triangular UFOs' appearance and behaviors.

TRIANGULAR UFO CHARACTERISTICS

PRIMARY

- Beams of light emitted
- Three bright lights (one at each point)
- Large size
- Ability to hover
- Ability to make flat turns
- Silent flight
- Slow speed
- Low altitude flight
- Sharp turns at high speed
- Rapid accelleration

SECONDARY

- Associated sounds
- Observed with non-triangular UFOs
- Electromagnetic (EM) effects
- Multiple triangular UFOs
- Colored (glowing) underside
- Erratic movement
- Blunt-end-forward movement
- Detachable lights/objects
- Shape shifting
- Superstructure observed

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on the interview or on the "flying triangle" phenomenon in general. Personally, I think Marler seems to know his stuff and is quite intelligent. I also think that the triangles are real and that they probably look and behave essentially as the witnesses describe. I don't claim to know what they are, but "secret military craft" doesn't really sit well with me. There are enough up-close, multiple witness reports of these "Unambiguous Flying Objects" to be reasonably justified in a belief that something abnormal is going on.

Hope you enjoy the video. Below are a few more that I recommend if you aren't very familiar with the triangles and other assorted monstrous, silent, floating doodads that people have reported.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Politely, Mr.Marler has just written a book....to join thousands of other books about the U.F.O. Phenomena....

I'm sure it will sell well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he writes more books...

There's money to be made from the gullible, writing drivel about this subject.....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
and....0 physical evidence to support the phenom.

just sayin...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
and don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see some hardcore photo/video of a triangle. There just happens to be none (pre-empting the obligatory "Belgium triangle pic" post)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Belgium wave

Illinois Case

Phoenix Lights

In the Belgium Wave, the F16 pilots tracked an object confirmed by ground radar. Jets are not scrambled to chase Chinese lanterns or "Blimps".

The Illinois event was witnessed by police officers who later gave extensive testimony which they made a recreation CGI show out of. Certainly compelling.

The Phoenix lights (not the flares filmed after dark) were witnessed by a bunch of people, even the governor.

Thanks for singling out these as they are certainly among the most interesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

Bigfootgirl, great thread and will certainly be giving that interview a listen when time allows
- also thought the Stephenville case was relevant as descriptions of a huge triangular object were also reported during the 2008 flap:

"The object, whatever it was, went from basically standing still to 1900 miles per hour in about 2 seconds.. I don't know of anything that's 600 feet across, that can hover, that can go 1900 miles an hour in 2 seconds then stop again.. If you do the calculations that's about 43 G's.. Within seconds you'd kill any human being."

Aerospace Engineer Dr Wallace Fowler

Stephenville UFO Incident - Radar Animation and a 'New View´

The Indian Point Nuclear Plant case and Holland Michigan case also involve triangular reports and, along with the incidents mentioned in yours and Intrptr´s post, I´d say it´s all a very serious mystery as to WTF these objects actually are.
Cheers.
edit on 12-7-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We've seen them up close and working with the para military, so I would say, our own, for most of what is seen.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the great addition to the thread, karl 12. The Stephenville case does share some relevant characteristics with other notable reports of large, low-flying phenomena - particularly the observation made by Ricky Sorrells in regards to the immense size of the object he witnessed.

Sorrells noted that the object was so close to the ground and of such size that he had to look from one side of his field of view to the other to take it all in. Marler describes both in his book and in the above interview another case in which an observer (known to him personally) noted that the UFO he witnessed covered much of the visible sky, requiring him and other witnesses to turn their heads from left to right in order to see from one side of the object to the other.

Similar statements were made about the object(s) reported in and around Phoenix in March of 1997. Some witnesses to that phenomenon reported that one "wingtip" was separated from the other by a distance of what appeared to be several blocks. Another witness described the object's apparent size as being larger than an open newspaper held at arm's length.

So much for fleeting lights in the sky.

Another interesting note is that, while many such sightings - including Illinois 2000 - occur near military bases, there has never been a report of one of these triangles/boomerangs taking off or landing at a military facility. Just something to think about.

I definitely urge you to listen to the Marler interview. Here's another in which he's talking to Richard Dolan:

Marler, in my opinion, is going to be one to watch. He's clearly passionate about the subject and is very rational in his treatment of it. A great writer to boot.

edit on 12-7-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
Politely, Mr.Marler has just written a book....to join thousands of other books about the U.F.O. Phenomena....

I'm sure it will sell well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he writes more books...

There's money to be made from the gullible, writing drivel about this subject.....

With all due respect, you are a disgrace to the ATS motto.

Originally posted by TXRabbit
and....0 physical evidence to support the phenom.

just sayin...

Same goes for you.

There's mountains of witness and radar reports on these things dating back to the 50's. And as mentioned in the OP, they all have shared characteristics

edit on 12-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

The Indian Point Nuclear Plant case and Holland Michigan case also involve triangular reports and, along with the incidents mentioned in yours and Intrptr´s post, I´d say it´s all a very serious mystery as to WTF these objects actually are.

Agreed.

This 2004 SPACE.com article summarizes the findings of a study conducted by the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS). Like such as:

The database-driven study of the Flying Triangle shows the following patterns:

-- Sightings take place near cities and on Interstate highways
-- They are seen at low altitude in plain sight of eyewitnesses
-- They fly at extremely low speed or hover in plain sight of eyewitnesses
-- The vehicles sometime fly with easily noticeable bright lights -- either blinding white lights, or have "bright disco lights" that usually flash combinations of red, green or blue.

The NIDS study emphasizes that the flying of these vehicles may be more in harmony with an attempt to display or to be noticed. There appears to be little or no attempt to hide. That finding has led to a modification of an earlier NIDS hypothesis that the Triangles are covertly deployed DoD aircraft.

And...

According to Colm Kelleher, NIDS Administrator, the newly completed quasi "meta-analysis" of Flying Triangles melds three major U.S. databases: NIDS, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) and data collected by independent researcher, Larry Hatch, the creator and owner of one of the largest and most comprehensive UFO databases in the world.

Kelleher said, the analysis indicates that deployment of Flying Triangles is open, not covert, and involves low-flying, brightly lit aircraft routinely deployed over populated areas including cities and Interstate highways.

"However, I cannot say whether these are U.S. Air Force aircraft. We simply don't know," Kelleher told SPACE.com . "But it does not appear to be consistent with the covert patterns of deployment we saw with the F-117 and B-2 prior to their acknowledgement. This is open, even brazen," he stated.

I highly recommend the article. Eye-opening information. Or you can read the study report itself right here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Couldnt agree more

There have been numerous reports/sightings for years now. Not saying all of it is true of course as it's difficult to tell whether its real or fake with photos/video's these days. But at the same time you can't just brush it all off

Thanks guys for the useful info too! This is something i've yet to deeply read about so definitely a good read for me.

new topics

top topics

join