It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Singaporean robot to creep into Cheops Pyramid in October 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
After the succesful robotic explorations under the UPUAUT project by Rudolf Gantenbrink, a Singaporean university team will conduct further explorations of the mysterious shaft inside the Great Pyramid, according to Dr. Zahi Hawas, Chairman of the Supreme Council of Antiquities of Egypt. "Stone doors inside the Great Pyramid could not just be there as an ornament. They must have a function and hide something behind them," he said.

The Egyptian State Information Service

The University of Singapore is currently designing a robot to reach beyond the door which blocked the route of the robot used by the US National Geographic in September 2003, said Hawas in statements on Saturday.

The new experiment will be conducted in October 2005, added the SCA head.

The Geographic's tiny robot crept through the Great pyramid in a bid to demystify what is inside the Pyramid only to face a new puzzle.

The tiny robot -named the pyramid Rover -took two hours to crawl through a narrow shaft in the Great Pyramid of Cheops, drill through a door at the end and push through its camera only to come face to face with another door.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related websites
- The Secret Doors Inside the Great Pyramid - Zahi Hawass
- THE UPUAUT Project Website

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If its actually successful it will be a long wait over for everyone whos wondered whats on the other side of that dang door.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Zanzibar]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think it could hold all kinds of things from treasures to another more secret burial vault. I doubt that there are two doors and nothing is in there. It will be interesting to see, I hope it is successful.

doctorduh

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Behind Door #2

The Four Horsemen! I win!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I watched the opening of the last door on live TV what a let down another door. I hope there is some interesting this time.

Anyone know if this one will be on TV also?

top topics

join