It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep oceans warming at an alarming rate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I just don't see it, sorry. I spend a lot of time watching TV (grew up when it came out and have been fascinated with TV ever since) and I see at least 100 times as much bias toward global warming than against. I see commercials for oil companies and they are selling the image that they are going "green," not trying to convince everyone that AGW is fake. BP even used the phrase "BP: Beyond Petroleum" to do this.

I do see plenty of advertisements for clean coal... and the fact is that coal gassification is one of the cleaner energy sources around. The process removes the contaminants, traditionally the most harmful pollution effects associated with coal. But that's just showing that their process is cleaner than traditional coal usage and therefore "green."

I wish I could say that I have seen commercials or news stories about how AGW is wrong, but the truth is, I just haven't. If the oil companies are doing as you say, they are certainly doing the worst job of it imaginable.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I probably did at one time; I don't even remember how many requests I sent in to who. The truth is that that ship has now sailed; as close as I am to completing a handful of projects, I don't want anyone's money for research and have no intention of sharing the rewards of my work with anyone either. But that's neither here nor there to this discussion.

Thank you for the suggestions anyway.

As I told poet above, I see the exact opposite on the news and in commercials.

I will, when I have time, look over your other thread. It sounds interesting. But for tonight, I think I will retire now and dream sweet dreams of massive SUVs with motors the size of boxcars, gas lines made of 36" schedule 40 pipe, and straight exhausts.

Just kidding. Good night.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

i was stood in water waist deep and i could count the hairs on my toes

it was so gin clear

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
According to the blog 'climate depot' Antarctic sea ice is well above normal for this time of year, also the bearing sea ice is also above normal, The southern hemisphere is in its deepest part of winter, when sea ice grows, but even so, the ice is still above normal for this time of year.
Now its summer in the northern hemisphere, when ice should be melting, but no melt above the 80th parallel, so what is going on?????

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

The issue here might be, 'what is normal sea level'? Really, on this planet, does anything stay the same? Evidence exists along many coast lines of different levels of beaches that existed in different times and time periods on this earth. To say that we are responsible is the issue that is of concern as it can be used as a weapon to beat the innocent.....us. So, deep oceans warming; could this be caused by potentially hundreds of thousands of deep sea fissures, cracks and volcanoes of which we will never have any control?

Does the sea level rising matter really only in its possible dangers or is it falling and we are not told as it does not fit the agenda?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join