It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Thread You Will Ever Read!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am always amazed at the blind dogmatic following of a book that has been mistranslated into over 20,000 versions. I wonder if the original writers would recognize the religion or agree with it. The original belief set didn't have a heaven or hell; these were medieval additions. Also, the theory of the rapture was added in the1880 to American Christianity.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The thing is, you don't go through Jesus, you go through Paul's doctrine. Jesus never said you had to believe he died then rose from the dead to be saved, Paul did. He never said anything about grace, Paul did.

Jesus said to love one another and to keep his commandments, which were the streamlined version of the old commandments. Paul says works are not needed, Jesus says loving one another (works) is needed. Paul says Jesus was the end of the law, Jesus expanded upon the law by streamlining it.

The wide path is lawlessness, which Paul taught. The narrow path is love, which Jesus taught. You do not follow Jesus' path because you believe in a god who sends people to eternal suffering. Fear has to do with punishment, and love has nothing to do with punishment or fear. Since your god set up a place just for punishment, he is not love, which means he is not Jesus.

You didn't read much of the gospels did you? Not only did Christ teach that, but the doctrine of grace was displayed when He told the thief in the cross that he would be with Him in Paradise that day. And no, you can't just completely ignore what Christ said, that He was the narrow way and that "no man" could come to the Father "except through me". You can reject that, sure, but you cannot male it something entirely different than what He said.

edit on 13-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

ALL MANKIND ARE SINNERS! WE ALL NEED JESUS AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR,WITHOUT JESUS WE MUST PAY OUR OWN SIN DEBT=ETERNAL HELL!

I can think of a number of sins your god has committed. What is his punishment? What price does he pay for allowing his creations to suffer as a result of his inaction?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

you were the one who "understood" a topic i made on trans-humanism (on the first page) ..you were the one who understood the significance of "intent" (in that topic) ...you said something about "being vindicated in your position" (?) (...that it confirms all along what you have already known?)

..maybe you would consider the "intentions" of this "God"?

so, you are asking - What price does he pay for allowing his creations to suffer as a result of his inaction?

in as much as i understand all this so far, (my) response to that question (is within) genesis 6:6 (?)

..(it seems like you) are purporting this "God" has no feelings? no love?

the "God" also seems to have an awesome sense of humor, especially in 'Jeremiah'

edit on 13-7-2013 by UNIT76 because: full context

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

If any god such as the one described in the original post were to exist, I would not trust its intentions based on its past behavior and approaches. The most obvious solution is to declare itself and explain its position and plans and knowledge...the fact that this has not happened only supports my distrust. If there is nothing to hide, then let your god come forward publicly and explain itself for the world to see.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

hmmm...

The most obvious solution is to declare itself and explain its position and plans and knowledge

there was a time when i had (almost) the very same gripe
then i started reading the bible and studying it.

it's probably best just left at that..? ..although as said in previous post, you were the only one who seemed to grasp the significance of 'intent' right from the get-go (in other topic)

i believe if you hold true to those (your) 'morals' you will eventually find what you are looking for. uhh, that is to say, in a world such as this, i believe there will come a time when you will seek this "God" over everything else being offered.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GISMYS
HOW TO BE SAVED(BORN AGAIN) AND JOIN THE FAMILY OF GOD!!! Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

"The Sinners Prayer"..........................
Heavenly Father:..........................................................................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen
edit on 7/11/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod Edit: Removed All Caps Title.

Recovering alcoholic? Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

i believe if you hold true to those (your) 'morals' you will eventually find what you are looking for. uhh, that is to say, in a world such as this, i believe there will come a time when you will seek this "God" over everything else being offered.

Not unless I find that a divine ruling entity is irrefutably and indefinitely relevant to the direction of my existence and my meaning therein on a fundamental level. If a god is not a necessary component of my personal meaning, then I won't look for one. I determine my own meaning. My 'intent' does not necessitate a deity.
edit on 14-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thank you

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
Not this again. .. And again

Hey, this stuff comes in handy. I've seen so much of religious ramblings here that it took me two seconds to figure out what GISMYS name stands for.

God Is MY Savior

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join