It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rapture Day' Is Almost Here! Will You Be Left Behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GISMYS

Luke 21:36 ►

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

You are the watcher, the seer of what is happening presently. The sun of man (projected future - what is about to happen) is just a thought arising presently - realize that you stand before the thought, you see the thought happening presently.
No one can know what is about to happen, realize that all thought appears to you but can never be truly true.
Know for sure that what sees the thought is true.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is NO SUCH THING as a pre-trib rapture. It's not in scripture. It was invented by a failed anglican priest named Nelson Darby in the 1800s. And no amount of posting in capital letters by the OP is going to change those facts.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So you are attempting to tell me that my believe or non-believe in some omnipotent entity will determine my souls eternity?

How callus of said entity! What gives him/her/it the right to judge me based on what i believe?

Gods not what you think my friend it doesn't matter what you believe, only how you live your life im afraid! LoL

Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that you base your belief on a book written and edited on numerous occasions by Man? A fallible beast at the best of times and at the worst a homicidal psychopath with megalomaniac tendencies.
edit on 12-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well...

The caps do get a certain point across...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Bad news dude. Rapture already happened, you were left behind. The correct answer was Shintu.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I kind of feel sorry for Op.
How does someone get like this? I have a feeling when he's not ranting about raptures he spends the rest of his time licking windows.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'll take my chances OP

A made up story about the rapture I'm not too worried

I'm more concerned about that curry I made last night.

Cody

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The rapture is about you dissolving and 'being' life. 'Becoming' ends.
Beingness is.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The whole point of the 'rapture' is that you will be left behind. The illusion that you are a person that is separate to all things will dissolve.
People do not want to be raptured because they believe in themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Millions of believers will have vanished
Come on now, there aren't even five thousand nonjudgmental, fully truthful, and righteous Christians on this planets. Very few will be chosen according to the bible. Being that you are judging who will ascend, I feel that you may just be here with us after the Rapture

edit on 12-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I hope all those who get beamed up don't mind that they will forget about their sons and daughters who end up in Hell, because that is what happens If you have a child in Hell and you in Heaven...
Some Heaven eh? to forget your kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess. Did you read that part?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Dear God,

Please "make disappear" all the religious nutjobs and politicians first.

Sincerely,

RedShirt73

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Greetings

I rather stay , as long as Earth is intact its always worth fighting for , and stand against your supposed anti christ unlike those fleeing to the realm of god.

All this focus on how you want to leave this place , via some rapture mechanism , indicates you hate or fear this world.

Because why would you want to leave ? i dont love earth every day but still we got to keep this boat going ,together.
I dont believe in a "god coming to rescue me situation" it would be boring and dumb , it feels like im using cheats to play through a game.

The thing that bugs me the most about the rapture is the fact that based on what things would some one be able to go through this rapture process ?

What if you dont believe in this religion yet you are a kid stuck in a conflict zone with family members lost , yet because you dont believe in this way of living you must stay ?

This behaviour would be God unworthy from my perspective.

Now please get you mouse away from the create Thread button and start reading and learn that life on this planet is not that simple.

I find it highly inappropriate that you are playing a false prophet already , we are all equal here no matter what believes any person has so thats why i responded to the amount of ignorance your thread contained.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Rapture won't happen until the 7th Trumpet, dude.

Read your Bible.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

I suppose you missed that whole section about 'No man shall know the day or hour" stuff. Guessing wouldn't amuse 'Him', I'm thinking. After all, those were attributed words to Him directly, as I recall.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

what makes you think the rapture is going to happen before the trials begin?On the contrary YOU will be tested with fire,and You will be put on the spot to see if you really have what it takes.,
your post is shallow and makes true followers in god look bad.Who are you to condemn?Jesus did not come to condemn but to save,so take his example and speak to the lost with compassion and understanding,or do you think you are better then god and his only begotten son?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

Gold star for the idea to get some persecution on yourself in the name of the Lord. Wish I had thought of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I fear not.

If your god (lower-case G) is so overbearing that he would kill practically at the drop of a hat, well that's no god I want to serve. Wherin lies another conundrum. Why is you god such a megalomaniac that he simply cannot abide a human worshipping another deity, when said deity has just as much credibility as your god, which I assume is YHWH or El, since you never named him directly you could be referring to anyone, I mean God is such a bland name that would be like me getting a cute new puppy and just naming it Dog.

At any rate keep your Tyrant King.

Kallisti

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I thought the rapture was a mistranslation of a footnote in an older version of the bible.

In short, it was never a part of the original christian canon.

I wish you bible thumpers would leave everyone else the hell alone. What do you care if my soul goes to hell? Its not your soul.

Oh wait I forgot, God commanded all y'all to "convert" the heathens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join