It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic finds body of missing boy from visions. Police baffled [LA Times]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Really sad, she didnt find the Boy while he was alive. Now she needs to put her abilities to finding the Killer. that would be the ultimate, way to End this story. Might make some of these wackos reconsider trying to get away with murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ive always wondered if these people that can do this, are being visited by the actual person deceased. Giving them clues to the events that unfolded

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Too many ways to question this and prove that she is NOT psychic. Why isn't she fortelling the stock market? The lottery? The end of the world?

It's a sham...

Whilst it's healthy to be skeptical about certain claims, it's not usually how "psychics" generally work.....or so they tell us............more often than not they pick up visions from the victim out of the blue, and what they can foretell is not up to the psychic (You can see I watch "Medium"!).

My personal feeling is that some people do have genuine insight on occasion, how consistent they are is another thing though........ so I don't think it's all scam..........it's just little understood......even by the psychic themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by badgerprints

Maybe because the police don't believe in psychics?
Maybe some police detectives are psychic and don't know it?

I listened to George noory on coast to coast a while back, he had an animal psychic on.
Can't remember her name though anyway she said she even spoke to frogs well that got my attention.
So George asks how long do frogs live? she says not long, a couple of years, I'm thinking wrong gotcha!
As you know when there is a question like that his team looks it up and right on air George says no they live a very long time(50+yrs) and I think the guest almost swallowed her tongue.
At that moment she lost all credibility.

So I believe there are really good psychics out there but there are more scammers in the media trying to sell you something.

This girl Pamela I believe she does have a gift, but as usual, and just like the ufo issue the media portrays it in a bad light.

edit on 13-7-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Michael Parsinger the inventor of the God Helmet and once skeptic of the psychic phenomenon is performing experiments and developing a theory of this phenomenon, he's working with a psychic that found Saddam Hussein in a hole for the military.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That guy is actually promoting a kind of distortion. And its based on a subjective belief system he has, that he promotes as scientific. He has been so graced to be involved in experimentation, (and thousands of the world wide universities have conducted tests and as I already posted, found significant outcomes, without the "slant" he puts on it), with Ingo Swann. And he was a guru, wonderful, it would be an honor to have spoken with him.

He and Ingo Swann both have differing view points on the outcome apparently. He maintains that we are just picking up the earth's hard drive, magnetic field, not that we are spirit or infinite or anything. He is still an athiest and there to SLANT the findings, with "opinion".

Ingo Swann's concepts can be found here, and he says we are interdiminsional sensing organisms. We have built into our system many toggle spots for psi, and many of them have been mapped by the military. They know, and they don't want us to know....!!!!

www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

Well worth reading.

Ingo Swann talks about how we've atrophied our genetic built in psi, and yet with intention we can get it back: meditation, talking to your soul before sleep. Picturing all these dormant but atrophied toggle spots as if they are light switches turned off. See yourself vividly turning them on!
edit on 13-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To anyone who says that physic abilities are "mumbo jumbo", there very, very wrong. I'll tell you right now that human's possess various latent abilities that were once more powerful and easily utilized in the far past.

I possess a pretty cool future telling ability that only pops at random times throughout my life and only when i'm asleep. They only show me (very) insignificant events though. This has happened 5 times in my life.

1. I was about 6 years old, and this British pop band the spice girls were big. My mom kept playing this stupid song "If you wanna be my lover" all the time, and at that i age i didn't discern between crap and good music, so i liked. I saw this image in my dream that the spice girls were lined up front to back, all wearing white clothing and standing against a red background. Scary spice had a large, rounded stomach. Bout 3 days later, i was watching entertainment tonight or one of those tabloid news shows with my grandmother, and they announced scary spice being pregnant. Thought nothing of it back then at that age.

2. In 2007 when i was 17, i was dreaming that i was talking to my friend Seiji. My cell ringing wakes me up in the morning. It was Seiji calling to to tell me everybody was meeting up later. I thought "hold up, this happened before with the spice girls back in the day..."

3. In 2008 when i was 18, i was helping my cousin move her aunt's stuff out of her house into her van. After we finished, my mom called and said she would swing by after work and pick us up. Tired from moving stuff all day, me and my cuz conked out on the couches. I dreamed of my mom driving and then parking her car somewhere. A horn then blares outside in front of the house, waking us both up. Looked outside, it was moms. Told everybody, and they laughed at me or disregarded it.

4. In 2008 again, i turned 19, and went half wit my moms for an HP laptop for my bday. I then promptly started treating it VERY badly. Repeated falls or items falling onto it, food smeared all over it, unattended viruses from all the... movies(no really, guys), leaving the thing running and not shutting it off; i don't know why i acted like i was richie friggin rich and i could go throw money for another. I had 2 dreams of me waking up from up from sleeping to find my laptop in shambles. Keys falling off, dirt all over, broken screen and all. These are one of those dreams where you don't know your dreaming AT ALL, and wake up thinking all that just happened. I jumped of the couch, paranoid and cursing that my laptop was trashed. In 2010, i was got my spine broken when i was hit by 2 cars while crossing the street; i'm a paraplegic now. Point is i had my laptop in my book bag, and it got smashed into the way it was in my dream. I previously thought that it was my subconscious telling me to stop being a careless twat with your laptop, but i think it was showing me this.

5. Last month mid June, i was dreaming this weird but beautiful looking oil-like painting of my moms face that was forming and materializing; first these strong black outlines formed, then the color came in. It was exactly like the art style of this PS2 videogame called Okami. The door opening next to the couch woke me up, it was my mom returning from walking our dog in the morning.

I also would be able to guess what people are going to say a lot of times. I'm not talking about obvious phrases or words that would obviously be said within the context of that conversation when that sentence is said. Whatever is going to be said, i might correctly guess it (this has not been happening as of lately, though).

I do believe in God, and when he created the human race, it's either he designed us so that we must attain and hone these abilities ourselves, or are just remnants of his or his previous creations abilities within us. Despite any of you who think that might be bunk, you could never tell me that human's do not posses mental abilities.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Pfft. She killed the boy. That's how she knew..

Thank god you can't shove your arbitrary uniformed and obviously non supported by your own research and experiementation (ie meditation, tai chi, qiqong, or things to wake up with, cloud work for example) into the legal system.

Telepathy: Nonhuman and Human Animal Connection - Morphic Resonance - Dr. Rupert Sheldrake

I'm only twenty minutes in on this video and already see the direction he's going and you know what? He's made me a believer. Very interestng videos thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Things like this just defy the odds of chance and coincidence. So unless she was involved in the murder, or was told by someone who was where the body lay, she psychically located it. That is quite astounding if true, and it should go to show that the scientific community should not give up on the subject yet. There are too many people who are not truly psychic that have muddied the waters over the years, and have given a bad reputation to people with true abilities.

I think that too many people think of the word psychic and assume that this is someone who can predict the future, along with all of the other things that have been popularized over the years. I think the truth is more mundane. A psychic is someone who simply gets impressions and feelings about certain things. They cannot really predict when or where this will happen, or if they will get anything regarding a certain subject. So there is very little control exhibited by the psychic over their abilities, and it is mainly for this reason that the majority of scientific tests will simply not succeed.

But I do imagine that there are people out there whose abilities are greater. Here is the thing though: unlike charlatans who love to publicize themselves, because they are making money from their fake abilities, someone who truly has a gift is probably less inclined to be so self-absorbed, to the point that not many people even know of the person's abilities. This is not to say that all "psychics" who charge for their services are frauds, but many, many are.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It never seems to happen the other way around.

"Chief, we still can't find the kid. "
"Ok, call that psychic and ask what she thinks. "
"Mrs. Esmerelda? Yes, this is the local police. We have a missing child....What's that?...Back yard...under the tree? Great, thanks."
"OK chief. We found him."

Nope.

Psychics just seem to turn up uninvited and seem to 'know'.

Smells fishy to me.

Virtually all psychics (even the professional ones) get what they get at the whim of fate (or gods or whatever you like to call it). For one reason or another, that boy (or his "people") wanted him to be found and showed a psychic where he was.

This is how it almost always works. Clients have a hard time grasping this. A psychic's ability isn't normally like a spiritual Wikipedia, it's more like driving cross country with the radio tuned to one frequency. The info you get is almost always right and almost always "spooky" but you can't just ask the radio to play a certain song.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

I understand why you feel this way. But, let me ask you, how much do you think it would cost for a well know guitarist to teach you to play proficiently? I am assuming that the woman could be described as "proficient," seeing as she found the body and all... BTW, I believe that we are all "psychic." Look into it and find out, I did....Love ya Bro.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join