Psychic finds body of missing boy from visions. Police baffled [LA Times]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

It's just you and your paranoid cynicism.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Hoping she doesn't become a suspect.

What if she's guilty?

I agree. I dont believe in psychics.

One of two things took place.

- Either she's just guessing based on the evidence

- She had something to do with the murder.

If there were a such thing as psychics, then how is it that all the ones that claim to be are obvious shams? Why isn't she plotting gold mines and oil reserves? Why isn't she rich, because she would obviously know where all the buried treasure lay?

Too many ways to question this and prove that she is NOT psychic. Why isn't she fortelling the stock market? The lottery? The end of the world?

It's a sham...

edit on 12-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I love stories like this. Thanks for posting OP!

I have no problem with her profession or website either. People have a right to make a legal income any way they want, and if you are not interested in her course, then don't take it. Psychics, healers, etc all have the right to get paid for their work - just te same as anyone else.

And fwiw, many police departments use psychics for certain types of cases, they just usually don't publicly acknowledge it or confirm it to reporters.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

What if she's guilty?

If there were a such thing as psychics, then how is it that all the ones that claim to be are obvious shams? Why isn't she plotting gold mines and oil reserves? Why isn't she rich, because she would obviously know where all the buried treasure lay?

Too many ways to question this and prove that she is NOT psychic. Why isn't she fortelling the stock market? The lottery? The end of the world?

It's a sham...

i think it's possible that some people may have some type of limited psychic abilities for sure, but i think most of the so called 'psychics' are frauds

when i was an intern i got the chance to work with a so called psychic. we were filming a travel show and in this particular episode we travelled to a house around one hundred years old that was supposed to be haunted and the psychic came along to give a reading of the place. this lady came highly recommended, supposedly she was the 'real deal' and had written a book on the subject already. turns out she was a complete phony. we got some background info on the house already when we were setting up the infra-red cameras and monitors from one of the locals that takes care of the house and pretty much everything this lady said was miles off and/or completely wrong. oh and when she arrived there we didn't start filming for like 3 hours and all she did was sit in her SUV and get fanned by her assistants, no joke.

like i said i think there are some people with psychic abilities but i'm pretty sure they are gonna be the low-key types not trying to sell you their book or get you to become a member of their club or whatever

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What if she's guilty?

It's a sham...

or maybe she had vision in out of body while dreaming. ive found my guitar pick that way once. in this one i was cleaning my room. i was very lucid. flying around my room as well as i cleaned. and had swept and cleaned it all up. as i lifted up a paper pamphlet that had fell over my studio wiring, which was wedged between my desk and my rack. there it was, buried in wiring covered by a pamphlet. as i picked up the pick off the ground, i spiraled out of dream and started waking up. as i woke up i got off my bed, went straight there and guess what...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

People should not presume that others are dumb.

Esoteric means anything having to do with concepts that are highly theoretical and without obvious practical application; often with mystical or religious connotations. I used the word in its exact meaning you may not like it or have a limited view on what it means, but that is not my problem...

There is a clear relation between cultural and belief systems and most paranormal phenomena (even those outside parapsychology). I confess to have only a vague interest in parapsychology.

I certainly do not believe in magic nor the soul (the preservation of self apart of the body, I can go as far as the possibility of some for of energy or energetic connection/imprint) so this discards most of the para psychological phenomena even if I can accept that their experience can indeed be real to the believer(s), as I fully realize the power of the mind and belief systems (hypnotic phenomena), but at the same time have no (or very limited) connection with reality.

I note that parapsychology in more than 100 years very few conclusions have been reached and none as validating any of the paranormal phenomena that it studies. I also note that as any part of a belief system to some the ability to believe in it can be beneficial and satisfying (especially those that suffer the loss of loved ones) but at the same time it makes others easy pray to exploitation or non useful delusion. There is even a social benefit in some of after death beliefs, the idea of retributions and punishment from misdeeds (more than the rewarding of good actions).
edit on 12-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

i think it's possible that some people may have some type of limited psychic abilities for sure, but i think most of the so called 'psychics' are frauds

I think that you are right on the money with your assessment of this woman. On the off chance that she does has some sort of ability, that doesn't mean that she isn't a swindler anyway; and that website... Wow, you don't scream Snake Oil in modern digital parlance much louder than that.

like i said i think there are some people with psychic abilities but i'm pretty sure they are gonna be the low-key types not trying to sell you their book or get you to become a member of their club or whatever

I believe that I have some psychic abilities, but if you mention that then most people just think that you are an attention whore, or scam artist; and with people like this woman, and the one that you met running around no wonder.

I will say that getting some ugly "vision" or dream about a murder victim is not fun, and I am afraid to say anything because...

A. I might be wrong, and funnel resources somewhere other than they are needed in an investigation.

and

B. God help me if I'm right, it could implicate involvement.

I'll just keep my mouth shut thank-you-very-much.

As an aside, the inferences that some posters have made that "real psychics" would know about it before it happens is crap. Pre-cognitive abilities are just a pain in the butt. Of all the absolutely useless weird things that happen to me, I can do without that one the most. It's usually regarding something unpleasant, or at least traumatic, and even then you don't know (at least) one of the three who, what, or where's about what you saw until it shows up in a personal experience, or in the news after the fact. The actual event can happen months after a pre-cog dream/vision/episode/whatever. Proximity doesn't necessarily mean anything, and neither does time, and these events rarely have anything to do with me; (at least that's how it works for me). So you're left with "Oh hey. I remember that plane. Air show huh? Poor bastards." And that's about all you can do.

The only useful thing I've ever gotten from this is I found my missing sock once (I did like that pair of socks), and I came up with a name of a patient my husband was trying to remember off the top of his head; other than that it's just a great deal of unpleasantness, bad dreams, boy-that-was-weird moments, and people not talking to you anymore because you knew something you shouldn't and it freaked them out.

People that claim to be that reliable coupled with trying to sell you something are scam artists to at least some degree. I certainly don't feel confident enough in the reliability of my ability to use it even if someone asks me to, let alone charge someone money for it.

So, I said it, I'm a psychic, just not a very good one I guess, but at least I'm not an opportunistic scam artist taking advantage of a murder to push a buck. Even if she is psychic, this lady is scum IMO.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Pfft. She killed the boy. That's how she knew..

Thank god you can't shove your arbitrary uniformed and obviously non supported by your own research and experiementation (ie meditation, tai chi, qiqong, or things to wake up with, cloud work for example) into the legal system.

Telepathy: Nonhuman and Human Animal Connection - Morphic Resonance - Dr. Rupert Sheldrake

The Extended Mind: Recent Experimental Evidence

Is Telepathy Real?

Now not only did I just give testimony to my own experience of seeing a body in a certain condition not far from their home, knowing he had packed her in pieces on foot, even flashed on a garbage bag of all things and that finally looked close to home and found her in the banks of the creek.

There were other things, 2 that died. One was suicide and phoned the guy who is the garage on my phone, he finally turned off the ringer, and I turned it back on, and spoke with her, and then raced out to the garage to tell him to go back home for she was suicidal and I couldn't even tell an ambulance where she lived, describe it, nor could I wake up the baby, (wouldn't leave him unattended) and take all of us over to that odd to describe house,when she had been drinking, it would have been inappropriate. Furthermore, if i had even knocked on the door, she wouldn't have answered.

The time of death was roughly as the phone call ended as I was hurrying to the garage.

I would never have thought to look in the side window with a baby in arms.

In any case, on the way to the garage, the whole world gonged, it was like a huge screeching, vibratory, error had occurred, a huge discordant gong and I suspected she had died. And in her state, not really free will. And then I saw a van pull up around noon the next day.

Sure enough, his brothers van pulled up around noon the next day and he was pulled away. i still didn't really connect the dots, and was in shock and denial. Finally i got a phone call from a close friend saying her friend had hung herself and they were at a kind of wake. The coroners report gave the time of death.

Afterwards we were haunted. And for months i left every night at 9 30 to get milk at the 7/11, for I could feel her rage, around the garage at the back.

I would pray and speak to her, and then, talk her into the light which was there in my inner mind, insight. I could see it right beside the garage, a light tunnel.

Then we're leaving for the 7/11 and I feel the rage at the garage and my son, about 7, tells his brother, to come and see the ghost, and they race through the carport to the garage.

Shortly after this, I managed to speak again before sleep with her, for I could feel her strongly and she said, I can't go into the light _____, for I would go to hell.

It felt really serious, this belief, and even something dangerous as if maybe she was in danger.

So I prayed, and asked God/Goodness Love, to rememeber her Love. How helpless she was, how confused, and had had a terribly hard life, yet, when I was in tears with my ex in that garage and a big party and another women, with nothing but lies, she came and brought me a huge bouquet of flowers, after hours of crying. She had a heart and courage, and cared for all in need.

i said, if she can't come to you, PLEASE COME TO HER.

Next morning, was making coffee and contemplating that maybe I should get a Christian prayer group around the property.

But sipping the coffee felt Spirit strongly within and a great Peace. it was over. She was home. She was safe.

And it never happened again, except while exploring NDE's got a message, had to turn back several pages, felt her spirit prompt me to. And there was as story about a man who sounded just like my ex, and a child named my sons name, and how he had given his life to rescue this child, and how this was why he came in, they both came in for the boy. And it was signed with her name, and I understood the message, my son, and my ex.

Consequently, things changed for their relationship, and I took the initiative to set up supervised visits and then real visits, and knew the love was real no matter how weird his life skills were.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

or maybe she had vision in out of body while dreaming. ive found my guitar pick that way once. in this one i was cleaning my room. i was very lucid. flying around my room as well as i cleaned. and had swept and cleaned it all up. as i lifted up a paper pamphlet that had fell over my studio wiring, which was wedged between my desk and my rack. there it was, buried in wiring covered by a pamphlet. as i picked up the pick off the ground, i spiraled out of dream and started waking up. as i woke up i got off my bed, went straight there and guess what...

Or perhaps you saw it there, dropped it there or something similar, and your subconcious led you to it in the form of a dream. Our bodies and our brains are amaizing things. Tapping into the ether to pull something up that you had no knowledge of, what so ever? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Part 2:

Then 3 people lost their rental home, they were evicted by the slum landlord in town. The nurse moved next door to an apartment, the one guy, got my couch for a while. The other one, was helpless, on drugs and booze and couldn't find a place, older man with a good singing voice. My friend knew him from long ago in clubs singing, musician, but now down and out. He visited his roommate who was staying at my place held my hand, told me I was an empath and he was too. Then sang in the carport.

Well, I kept praying for him, as long as he kept phoning up his friend to hit up for money before the bar closed (though he was turned down) I knew he was alright.

But, I knew he was going to die and very soon. I thought it would be suicide. I tried to tell them all, and his roommate on the couch. Please find him a home, he is helpless, he doesnt know what to do, he is like a little kid, harmless really, but in need. This message or feeling of his imminent death was urgent , strong, sad, and compelling me to try and get him some help, but I couldn't have him in a tent on my property we already bad guys in the garage, bad guys in the basement suite and my kids would be endangered.

I'll never forget his ex roommates answer, he was not his friend, just a former roommate and he didn't care.

He was squatting in the house, and well, the wee hours of Sunday morning, just after the bar closed, he had locked himself out and cut himself going in.

i woke up with a ghost at my window roughly 2 30 ish in the morning, and thought, it was her still. And woke up to have a long talk with the guy on the couch about her death.

The next day we find out, via the nurse, what had happened. And, the time of death turned out to be when I woke up.

I like living in solitude, remote and hermit like with my antenna protected. If there are people around, and soap opera's going on, I get inundated by them.

And no, I don't have military training so can't control it, and there is no way to force it.

Psi is real my friend. Its only those who are so programmed by this world and lack the compassion for other people to really question the injustices, pain suffering and wars here, that seem to be lacking the extra sense, and they can polish it up if they want to.

will add this:

There is more wisdom, caring, compassion, understanding often in the down and out bottom, than you will find in the well to do or comfortable, where often shallow understanding and apathy lie.

Wisdom looks up from the bottom of the well and those with Love roll up their sleeves and go there.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

The issue is more complex than that

There are indeed effects or techniques that only very sensitive persons can use or know how to exploit (factual). Then there are the deluded ones that think that they have a stronger hold on the real that is apparent to most everyone else (there may be no malice and most of the time it could be a probabilities game, where every right reinforces the belief system and every negative gets discarded or justified). At the end of the line some of the paranormal phenomena may even indeed be some validity but so far no consistency has been found...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
That is awesome. great story.

When i was young i had a dream that ended up being the exact events of the following day. creepiest day of my life. 24 hours of deja vu is way too much!

Did anything eventful happen, like you found yourself locked in a classroom with your classmates at breaktime?

What we consider to be psychic ability could simply be some perception to sound echoes or frequencies of light. I've played around with infra-filters (Hoya 72) with digital cameras, but discovered, that I could just as easily use a couple as "sunglasses" rather than using a camera and could see those frequencies after adjustment. During twilight hours, those places that seem "haunting", i would discover, had very little infra-red light - the windows would just appear black and empty. The same thing happened for cars. Those vehicles that appeared "threatening" would be the ones with infra-red reflective windows. They'd just appear black.

Another example I have is when my parents moved into their new home which was an old farmhouse that had been used as a holiday home. The rooms in the top floor didn't have inner walls, but just roof joists and fibre-glass insulation. A couple of times, I had a feeling there was "something" behind the joists and would find a religious ornament like a statue of Mary (I found out that in a Roman Catholic country, they would often "bless" a building by placing statues around the property. There is one wall where I am still convinced there is "a something" behind the granite walls, but of course there's no way of looking.
edit on 12-7-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalOne

Don't be surprised when authorities arrest her as an accessory, no good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

She should become a suspect. The police are not doing their job if she doesn't.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Adaluncatif because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well that was easy for her.

Now she got away with murder.

What an awful world we are living in, eh?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Clearly a dead body near a tree is something unique and identifying about this particular case... not 1 dead body has ever been found by a tree.... Clearly there must be more investigation. The police should divert all their efforts in finding missing persons and just focus on how they can develop the same powers this lady has instead of following clues...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What if she's guilty?

It's a sham...

The third possibility, or maybe probability is that she did what many other "psychics" have done before:

They contact the Police and give some vague statement "I see a child, I see a tree, I see some water, I see a dirt road" etc.

When the body is found they contact the papers and make big claims.

The "water" could be a paddling pool, a bottle of water, a lake half a mile away, a leaky pipe, or anything else. It doesn't matter they'll take credit for it.

They never give specific information because they can't.

They don't say "he has a bottle of water with him" it's just "water", and really what are the chances of there being a tree somewhere nearby.

Ridiculous that people still believe in this mumbo jumbo.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Great story!!!

In May, 2010 here in Nashville Tn. And surrounding areas were flooded badly. I lost my boyfriend. We searched for him about six months.

A local psychic found him after one trip down the river.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

When I was younger and those "psychics" would come on the television in the wee hours offering services for you, I would sometimes try and concentrate and think "call me, call me" because I couldn't risk getting a 900 number (phone service chargeback) processed on my parents bill. Never did get a call!

I always think that the good psychics should work on contingency or that they will just feel something in the ether come forward with information unprovoked and without any further strings attached. Not sure how I feel about this one yet, seems fishy with her website and all.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's a sham...

I'm not going to weigh in on this particular case, it sounds fishy.

As for as psychics being real: Don't confuse REAL with RELIABLE.

Just because you have dreams that come true, doesn't mean they all come true, or that you even know which ones will. If you are one of those that can discern the difference: it doesn't mean you always get usefull information. No one ever said a psychic gets to pick what they see!
I think my wife may be psychic (ok you can laugh now).

she's sitting in her chair, surfing the web. Suddenly gets dizzy, almost falls down. She says she had an impression of people screaming and was pretty sure it was in India. What is she supposed to do with that? She called her grandparents and told them. They believe in this stuff and they thought she was full of it.
A little later, News reports start coming out: At that exact time, in India, there was an earthquake.

As for why aren't they rich: who says there aren't uber-rich investment bankers that are psychic? They sure aren't smart; have your heard them talk?!

If someone is psychic, and reliably enough to make money at it with gold mines or the stock market, they aren't going to tell anyone! It would effect their profit margin!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join