It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic finds body of missing boy from visions. Police baffled [LA Times]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
She found it in a place police had searched multiple times and she honed in on the house using her intuition from a very large area. Best psychic story I've ever heard.

www.latimes.com...

Pam Ragland had a feeling that something wasn't right, then she had a vision.

She saw a boy lying on his side with his eyes closed. He was in the dirt near a tree, with an unpaved road nearby. A building was to the right and a city was in the distance.

Ragland said that this and other visions Tuesday ultimately led to the discovery of a child's body that authorities say matched the description of Terry Smith Jr., an 11-year-old who had been missing for several days.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This just blows me away.

Thanks for sharing.

S&F

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalOne

Every time I come to the conclusion that ESP is all bunk I see something like this and have a little doubt.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
She was just on talk radio along with the detective on site at the time.

www.kfiam640.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
She considers herself a healer, not psychic. Maybe she can help other families find their missing love ones.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hoping she doesn't become a suspect.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Well it all rests on how you define ESP, if you discard all the mumbo jumbo there may be some science to be done then there is the human factor, the claimant may be just more attuned to clues and better able to put it all together in fact the mumbo jumbo may even help structure the perceptions. Then there is the chance that the claimant just has access, time and capability to more information (without need for esoterics) that the police investigators...

edit on 11-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

yes since they searched here before it is easy to think she went back and searched alone until she found him...then led them as though she had not...saw that on a movie once

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That is awesome. great story.

When i was young i had a dream that ended up being the exact events of the following day. creepiest day of my life. 24 hours of deja vu is way too much!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It never seems to happen the other way around.

"Chief, we still can't find the kid. "
"Ok, call that psychic and ask what she thinks. "
"Mrs. Esmerelda? Yes, this is the local police. We have a missing child....What's that?...Back yard...under the tree? Great, thanks."
"OK chief. We found him."

Nope.

Psychics just seem to turn up uninvited and seem to 'know'.

Smells fishy to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Maybe because the police don't believe in psychics?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Some of them are guided during the events. I'm only glad she came forward. i couldn't when a woman was missing, pressumed dead. They were taking phone calls including from psi, but the whole investigation was lame and weird. I knew when I saw his picture that he had killed her, i read the whole energy there but also that he had no vehicle. The police went door to door and i even said that she was within walking distance of their home.

However, what i didn't realize was that the creek went behind the hospital near their house, wasn't overly familiar with the area. And I had a strong connection sense of her, and then saw her lying in the bank of a river/creek, in pieces.

Next year, after the snow melted, within walking distance of their home, in the banks of the creek, they found her body in pieces.

We're all psi by the way. Thousands of university tests have demonstrated huge findings, far beyond the conventionally accepted stats for aspirin preventing heart attacks, something less 1 % but a repeatable finding.

The outcomes for telepathy conducted in major universities around the world was something like 32 or more % when 25 would have been the norm. This was just the typical available subject for science experiments, a left hemisphered science student. But when they narrowed it down to artists, twins and those who had episodes of psi moments, ie knew the phone would ring or who was on it, then the findings went to over 65%, instead of 25.

HUGE FINDINGS.

And buried. The congressional panels studying it found it interesting and even the skeptic on them said something was happening.

Yet so many claim they are skeptics.

So many left hemisphered people writing. Good thing some of us righties are posting as well.

Adding this: doubt very much she'd want to set up an office, because its hit or miss, it comes when it comes.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by badgerprints

Maybe because the police don't believe in psychics?

Maybe they have good reason for that.

Seems like a good psychic would call the police before the kids dead.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalOne

Very sad,but I know there are people with a strong psychic gift that has helped the police before,this case is is one of those that at least helps the parents of the poor boy to find closure,even if heartbreaking.

I remember many years ago in my country the police in desperation consulted with psychics too,to help find the Missing Girls,or even their bodies.The main suspect was a man called Gert van Rooyen.He was aided by his partner,who was the aunt of one of the girls.Sadly,to this day,not a hair or a nail of them has been found+van Rooyen shot himself+his girlfriend,their bodies were found in his vehicle.But apparently the bullet wound was on the wrong side of his head,for him to have shot himself.One of South Africa's most haunting+ugly mysteries,in the criminal area,anyway.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Pfft. She killed the boy. That's how she knew..

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Something smells here, she is promoting her trademarked 'quantum thought shifting' technique on her website which is linked by the LA Times (Quantum Thought Shifting) and it isn't free.

So she is a 'healer' running a website that looks like a scam site (it does) selling a product which offers no scientific proof, wait scratch that it does offer "proof," via this link pamragland.com... and she happens to find this body using her original technique featured on her website which she can teach you for the low price of $7,777 for the private program and $3,777 for the group program, oh and the group price is set to increase on 9/1 to $4,444 link to source!

She really wants to help you as long as you've got the cash!

Is it just me or is all this a little too convenient?

edit on 12/7/13 by emptyOmind because: added links

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

I saw that too. That really detracts from her being authentic. Besides it said authorities didn't confirm she helped find the boy.

I'm puzzled and disturbed as to why she would take her young children to look at the body of a dead child.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

What if she's guilty?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Very interesting. I think some people could have senses that others lack. I think our abilities may be purposely blocked by society also, if we are taught to believe these senses don't exist, we will not be able to learn to use them. Those who know how to use them can capitalize on them then. This is a very complex subject. I am sure there is thousands of years of research on this but it is deemed as a figment of our imagination. All the Wizard and Witch stories were blown up to make this sense seem rediculous. It is a dangerous knowledge if in the wrong hands though.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by SirMike

Well it all rests on how you define ESP, if you discard all the mumbo jumbo there may be some science to be done then there is the human factor, the claimant may be just more attuned to clues and better able to put it all together in fact the mumbo jumbo may even help structure the perceptions. Then there is the chance that the claimant just has access, time and capability to more information (without need for esoterics) that the police investigators...

edit on 11-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

1. People need to quit tossing around the word esoteric.
2. People need to become more familiar with the very large, very impressive body of parapsychological research.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join