It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials and the reason for their cover up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The cover-up is all about control.

Human history shows that when advanced civilizations discover primitive ones, the primitive civilization usually assumes the technology and lifestyle of the more advanced one. This has happened by both violent and peaceful means.

The rich and powerful who control this planet understand just how much they stand to lose if an advanced civilization makes itself known to us. They don't want to lose their cushy lives lording over us and controlling everything that happens on this planet just because we might see extraterrestrials living better than we do and emulate them. So they're going to keep it as quiet as they can for as long as they can.

Its an impossible secret to keep. Really only held together by extraterrestrials remaining silent themselves. I can't speak for why E.T.s keep the secret, but humans I understand very well.

Eventually the secret will come out. May not be in our lifetimes, but its inevitable.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite

Interesting when you think about these things but I have always felt it's not for our benefit if a cover up is there, it's for theirs. Can't attack an enemy you don't even know about.
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

It is indeed very interesting. But I personally believe if ets do exist they live in peace with each other and they are waiting for the right time for us to become part of their group of civilized planets. Like when we reach a certain level of technology and get past our need to wage war.

There's a new book by a Finn, Mathew or Matti Aladin called, "We Oppose Deception", which deals with that very subject. I downloaded it as an ebook on Amazon and read the whole thing in one sitting. His story is very detailed with unique information about human extraterrestrials he claims have been teaching him since 2001. He is not well known in the US but recognized in UFO circles of Helsinki for a few years.

I will give you a spoiler. He talks at length about why the ETs (the friendlies) haven't revealed themselves officially. One reason has to do with the concept of power mentioned here in some detail. As some have mentioned here there is a control factor involving economics and the reign of elites who distribute the wealth. More importantly, the revelations about the cosmic hierarchy is so radical compared to man's concept of his singularity, that it would create a psycho-social paradigm of discord and violence, with political and economic disparages. Full contact while man is building his tower to the sky would backfire and be of no benefit.

They (the friendlies) are anticipating a global economic crises so internally devastating that it will lead to technological breakdown and global decentralization. This will be the end of governments on the planet. A large portion of the masses will perish. It would be at this time that they make their intentions known and sign a treaty with earth. The conditions would be favorable for our acceptance of them and we would receive their assistance in rebuilding society premised upon scientific knowledge and cooperation with a larger group already organized. If they instead arrived now, when humans are engaged in their normal environment, the reaction would give rise to reactionary dissent, factionalism and cultural dissolution due to the reality of our standing in the universe.

For me it was a good read.

edit on 11-7-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Human history shows that when advanced civilizations discover primitive ones, the primitive civilization usually assumes the technology and lifestyle of the more advanced one. This has happened by both violent and peaceful means.

Yes, it's true. And usually it is because the more advanced civilization is pressing the primitive one for resources.

The rich and powerful who control this planet understand just how much they stand to lose if an advanced civilization makes itself known to us.

Quite the contrary. When people feel threatened by outsiders, they turn to existing power structures to protect them. On the other hand, if advanced ETs want something, they take it. We don't have a choice in the matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself what we mean to 'them'. Not only is there a huge rift between technologies but biological evolution. Never mind about an advance of 1/4 of a million years, what if a race is 25 million years ahead? Will we be the Ancients to them? No my friend, we will be the Elephants. Why haven't they wiped us out and claimed Terra for themselves? Why haven't we wiped out the Elephants and claimed Africa for ourselves? Same answer for both questions.
How do they communicate to us? Why should they want to and how do we communicate with Elephants? Do we walk with one each day and attempt to educate? No, it's left to itself but tagged and gets tracked down once a year to verify behaviour. If it has been eaten by Lions during the interval that's just too bad. How about us? Well the mode of transport differs, substitute tagging for Tax returns and Drug Gangs for Lions but apart from that - same thing.
If we identify clear Alien manipulation of environment, ie they are flagged. What do we expect back?
There is one phrase that covers this; "Rules of Engagement". Any 'reply' will only be via further manipulation of our environment or fellow citizens. ie Road rage, violent Cops, unruly kids, Hurricanes, Volcanic eruption. The point being that thruout Human history one element is almost entirely missing from Alien encounters, physical proof or dynamic involvement of Race, its just too risky. Ask yourself this question "Would you give an Elephant the mechanism to launch Nuclear Warheads?" and I'll answer "Would you give a Human the mechanism to change Orbital dynamics of the Solar System?"...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The thing is though we don't know what, if any, threat extraterrestrials pose. I assume next to none since they could have attacked at any time already.

The only threat I see ETs posing is to our current governments, institutions, and general power structure should they exhibit traits the rest of us would want to copy for our own benefit.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by RUFFREADY

wouldn't time travel into the past be impossible, being that the theory is, you can't go back in time to a point before the time machine was made?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's about control of the current (human) powers that be and tipping the scales. ET are advanced and can benefit humankind but pack mentality and inter-species fear between different animals is very prominent in the human race. Humans are still, as modern as we are, still VERY prejudice and adhere very strongly to pack mentality. In all conflicts, people argue all day about who is right and who is wrong... seldom getting very far to pull all the opinions to one side... regardless of right or wrong. SO... with the mission I believe a few ETs have here on Earth (they are advanced but outnumbered) it would be better to let mankind make it's own mistakes for the most part, while gently prodding towards a different direction of higher thinking and scientific advancement. In response to our consideration of there being life outside this planet, the fear of humans becomes constructive... to advance mankind. If man destroys himself in the process, then ETs won't be to blame but if he makes it to a new level, eventually more of his prejudices will subside. Either way, a new level of existence can be achieved.

They are gently raising the bar... and when you look at the work and responsibility that mission involves and you consider that we are talking about just a handful of advanced entities, unless they are successfully procreating here or engaging in hybridization programs... then their numbers will remain few and they must remain hidden. To endanger themselves on this mission could mean total extinction, which would mean a great loss considering the timeless information of the universe and life that they have compiled.. and in my opinion, would also mean the doom of mankind as well even if he doesn't want to admit it. We have dangers in our world and in our cosmos that we, as a species, are nowhere near being able to overcome. Fate has been laid out that this collaboration MUST take place for the good of all & great lessons of peace can be learned from it or we will all die on this planet from environmental catastrophe. Reality clinks with irony & there is no time for small mentality primitive thinking here. We know what this situation means when looking at the whole picture & it's time for people to grow up.

You can argue all day that they control everything but if you check your common sense, you know that many of the bastards that run this world will not be on board with ET collaboration. This fact bleeds over into most political decisions that are made & many mainstream opinions. A lot of people are breaking away from this but you can clearly see the powers that cling to the old fashioned ways of thinking & it does NOT coincide with ET agenda & these sheltered primitive thinking powers will create war globally in order to not have to adapt away from their old fashioned prejudices and they are what ETs are hiding from. The same bastards that use our differences to drive the people apart and create cultural war between us. Those are the people that ETs must hide from. If they come out, all hell is likely to break loose, because they are not stupid & they know how to eliminate problems. That doesn't mean they WANT the blood of the brainwashed sheep on their hands... because of the brainwashing and deceit of the bastard rulers of the worlds shadow govts. They will use the people as pawns. They can't just eliminate them b/c people will become confused & feel terrorized until they chose truth above all else. All they will see is that someone is eliminating politicians & influential people & will likely blame it on the other side in the cold war, which will mean more OPEN war. There's no easy way to do this w/o patience.

As for the truth being too shocking according to some, Think about this for a moment. The worst thing that can happen in your life, most likely is that you & your loved ones are killed. Give me 1 day on planet Earth when this is not happening. When someone you care about dies, people don't hide it from you. They march right up to you and inform you of what happened no matter how much it's going to tear your world apart. How much worse can it get than seeing your loved ones slaughtered or simply losing them, or succumbing to terrible disfiguring diseases or being ripped from limb to limb in conflict or accidents... or losing your life?

What the hell is going to be so shocking to us that we are just going to go berserk and reality itself is going to cave in when the worst tragedies imaginable happen to the population of Earth on a daily basis.

I just don't know what to think about people who believe this. It's mind boggling how anyone could come to that conclusion. What's the worst it could mean? We die. That's an every - day - event! What the hell is there beyond that that is so terrible that covering it up outweighs the sovereignty of truth? Unbelievable. I could understand that answer coming from a child who never had to face a fear, but not an adult who has seen a fair amount of reality.

edit on 12-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

The rich and powerful who control this planet understand just how much they stand to lose if an advanced civilization makes itself known to us.

Doesn't anyone feel suspicious as I do, that the "rich and powerfull" are, (or are in collusion with), those "civilization(s)"?
Because if not, why have there been so many reports of Others not-quite-us paying threatening visits to important witnesses and whitleblowers? Aye?

edit on 12-7-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by misschareesee
reply to post by Frith

Doesn't anyone feel suspicious as I do, that the "rich and powerfull" are, (or are in collusion with), those "civilization(s)"?
Because if not, why have there been so many reports of Others not-quite-us paying threatening visits to important witnesses and whitleblowers? Aye?

edit on 12-7-2013 by misschareesee because: z

because who has heard of any such thing as a whistle blower/ alien abductee.

Now somebody hurry up and make one up.

Sensible people know that it is the government who is most paranoid about ET visitation... and it goes way up to the top of the ladder. Do I believe NONE of them are working with ETs? No, because I believe there is division in government and is one of the few hopes we have left, but the stubborn, one sided , old fashioned, dogma hijacking people are clearly the ones sending out the fear campaign.

It was also very evident in the 80s when neo-cons had full control of the wheel, which carried over... but your most prominent example of direct anti-ET propaganda was in the 80s and was done by conservative republicans who are notorious for adhering to very old fashioned values. This is not hard to figure out. They are a bunch of scared old fashioned non - experiencers - of ANY kind of alternative thinking who still consider needless war as a right of passage. You know, the fuddy duddies that have their heads still inside the box... all trim with conventional old fashioned "burn the books" type of spotless decor that seems all nice and cozy for the chosen Zionists and fundamentalists but means certain ruthless bloodthirsty death for any one outside that box.

ETs jiving with the neo-cons who have been controlling the US.... riiiight.

They are not in bed with ETs. They are in bed with Zionists... and I'll admit they are strange bedfellows so things can get weird... sure, but really... it's not THAT weird and it's not that hard to figure out.

I don't want to try to explain this in one post, but in the early 80s they made (I truly believe) one notorious ET a fugitive on the federal level who had in years past tried to work with them and gave them important tech, but tried to control him and hold him captive to keep him away from the population and to hide it all.

And YES, I believe he turned against them and they made him a fugitive on a top secret level.

Do I believe he then worked for other people who are NOT neo-cons and Zionists? Quite possibly.... and while they may be in government and they may control A LOT, they are not what people mean when they say "TPTB"... They are secondary powers... and the goal is to achieve one world PEACEFUL collaboration.

He's an equalizer. Of the middle path.

That is NOT who is holding the reigns of planet Earth... but, that IS the grip that is slipping away.

It's not a mission they intended to fail. It unfolds right before your eyes.

As for whistle blowers... Why would they harass them? What they want is a slow leak. That of course does not mean they would allow someone to just come up on them, into their domain and acquire secrets only to turn around and let that person go spill the beans and reveal all to the ones who are still trying to cling to old world power... Of course not.

... but they wouldn't let that kind of leak happen to begin with.

They don't make those kinds of mistakes.

If you think you have an example of this... let's see it.

Things that have leaked to the public are just losses cut... if it was something they thought was that detrimental to their safety or mission, it wouldn't be known by anyone else in the first place.

edit on 12-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When people say there are indications they have worked with governments and are often viewed as being in concert with governments when you look at the examples of events, sightings etc etc... that is not to say they are "in - line" with the conventional master plan.

You have to get close to your enemy to derail him.... stop him from doing something that gets everyone killed in the process. Of course there would be certain levels of collaboration but that in no way means they are in league with full government control, the killing of cultures, control of all commerce and materials ... and most importantly, the prejudice mind set that always leads to conflict and war.

To say they are "in control" or "not in control" is a very tricky thing.

It depends on if you look at the bloody path behind us... or the hope for the future.

It's quite possible they foresee and control the future path on a global level, but does not make them responsible for the carelessness of the sloppy mistakes of men in the past.

Since we are in the NOW... we must look at both past and present, being in the middle of things, so I kind of understand how people could become confused.... but you have to ask yourself why do all these terrible things get projected onto innocent people and AGAIN... It's all about CONTROL.

And the thing you need to realize about that control is that it becomes very volatile and caustic when people start LOSING IT... but if they have to do dirty deed after dirty deed to keep it, then clearly they don't deserve it.

Why do these things happen? Because those people are LOSING their control. Just look at the news. It is the desperate who feel the need to do these things, plant these things... trying to keep their control.

Now for them to GAIN control... is another matter, but the best authority has always been the fair one, the one that gained it with patience and fortitude and a fair game... one that has faith in progress, not fear of anything different than them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Maybe they fear the societal repurcussions of it. Perhaps the truth is scarier or more potentially destabilizing than we think. One question I don't see discussed all that often: If you had good reason to believe that disclosure would cause our civilization to crumble in a significant way, would you still support it?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Public disclosure of individuals should be left up to those individuals.

My thing is, how can we be sure that our government does not have some of these individuals imprisoned and they will not ever see the light of day unless someone forces disclosure of government activities concerning imprisoned individuals and people inside of secret facilities.

I'm not supporting breaches of privacy for individuals who wish to remain hidden, but do support disclosure of any government program that involves living beings of any species.

We are constantly being lead to think disclosure is a bad thing and there is no innocent reason for this.

For that reason, we can't sleep on this issue knowing that our government has a tendency to secretly imprison people without reason or charge if it suits their interests. The walls of such secrecy should be torn down immediately, for the sake of an individuals right to exist. Our opinions on this don't really count. It doesn't matter how much we hem haw on whether it's good for society. It is duty to uphold an individuals rights... as people who wish to keep those same rights. If not, we don't deserve *ours*

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

The rich and powerful who control this planet understand just how much they stand to lose if an advanced civilization makes itself known to us. They don't want to lose their cushy lives lording over us and controlling everything that happens on this planet just because we might see extraterrestrials living better than we do and emulate them. So they're going to keep it as quiet as they can for as long as they can.

Its an impossible secret to keep. Really only held together by extraterrestrials remaining silent themselves. I can't speak for why E.T.s keep the secret, but humans I understand very well.

Eventually the secret will come out. May not be in our lifetimes, but its inevitable.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

From my point of view. Earth is a quarantined zone both physically and spiritually. Some people can handle the outside box but a lot of humans are not ready yet. When humanity gets it, the outside will say hi and that means both the nonhuman evolving creatures and they higher level ones that our religions are trying to describe but are to inefficient to do real justice.

I have a feeling the ones on the outside of this zone knows better than to mess with karma (unsymbiotic behaviour). A lesson that humans seem to be lacking.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There's been a thread illustrating the other perspective by asking: what would 'we' do if we came across an intelligent species somewhere else in the universe, especially if it turns out that this species is 'inferior' ... in the 'middle ages', so to speak!

From the replies I concluded that a lot of people would rather not seek any interaction with them because it would almost surely lead to social/cultural problems beyond our control. We would monitor them, observe a little, but probably not intervene ...

Could be the same for us here on Earth: perhaps we're being monitored and any kind of interaction is essentially undesired. There's a chance they might be interested in observing our planet & society, unless - of course - they've already observed other species for millenia - in that case we might even not be of any interest at all.

If there was any interaction on any level, there would surely be an agreement in place that guarantees 'them' to remain incognito. However, I think they wouldn't even seek direct contact and prefer to stay undetectable & invisible while avoiding any kind of direct interaction ... and they'd surely have the technology and means to do just that. Ultimately, Average Joe - and perhaps even the government - might be completely 'clueless', who knows?!

... just my 2 cents!

edit on 12-7-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Cover up? Seriously? I dont believe there is any cover up at all. Look at the books, sightings, tv shows, movies, witness testimonys. They are here, others come here and have always been here.

If you are waiting for representatives of all the countries in the world to stand together on some mountain top proclaiming "THEY ARE HERE! THEY ARE REAL!"...its not gonna happen. It doesnt need to happen. Look all around you.

The evidence is overwhelming real and in an incredible abundance.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Think about the religious institutions for starters. Sure, the Catholics are shifting towards a stance of ET acceptance, but in the event of contact, or full disclosure, it is a near certainty this society would quickly descend into chaos...risking the delicate balance our Governments work tirelessly to maintain.

I really tire of the "society would collapse" baloney.

Most main religions would easily accommodate ET into their scriptures, and just say that the reference was there all along.........except us humans missed the significance of the passage in the holy books.

If, as some have been led to believe, ET has been with us for at least 60 years...........then what's the big panic........hundreds of thousands of people have been killed by humans in the last 60 years or so.......and if ET has caused any human deaths or injury............well you could count them on one hand............so what is the fear?

edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If I had to repeat myself, I would answer with why I think - by using the method of excluding less likely cases, why dealing with some other beings is more likely than fabrication of stories for coverup or money making.

So I will assume this thread is like 'in case we do have real aliens, why are they being covered'

Boy do I need to answer? Anybody would tell you that - collapse of the social, religious, economic, political system, nothing would be the same anymore, govs of the world fear - FEAR OF LOSING ALL THE WEALTH IF THE SYSTEM CHANGED, MAKING MONEY JUST A PIECE OF USELESS PAPER, fear of all the ease that would happen if people had access to more advanced technology.

Or - there is really a coop between such beings and humans, technology for human tests AND never disclosing their presence, that is the gov has the duty to never reveal the existence of such beings, the aliens themselves also do not want to reveal their presence.

A third option - warlike conditions, the govs do not want to reveal that they are fighting alien beings, the aliens have the govs for the balls - if the govs ever reveal what's going on, all humans will suffer, so the govs have no choice but to protect this information at all costs.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Duh, 'cause they eat people.

Its a cookbook!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My take on the subject has always been: A. The powers that be have no idea who they are even though the evidence is pretty strong that someone or something has been visiting us for a long time.

Or the government of the world are fully aware of who they are and what they want, but have no intention of going public with this information because of the public reaction would be.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
My take on the subject has always been: A. The powers that be have no idea who they are even though the evidence is pretty strong that someone or something has been visiting us for a long time.

Or the government of the world are fully aware of who they are and what they want, but have no intention of going public with this information because of the public reaction would be.

I can see elements of both in the matter. Governments have had access to the best minds in science, as well as the means to recover and deconstruct any physical evidence. So, over time (say 100 years) of documentation and analysis, government has put together a pretty broad report. There's really nothing to go public about if the ETs are thumbing their noses up at officials and contacting just about anyone at their pleasure, and with technological impunity. In fact it would be to governments' advantage to publicly deny that it has no authority over the ET decision making process. It seems that from an ET perspective, human government would have no effective importance in their cultural contexts.

The evidence (in lay terms) points to the fact that the ETs are the ones who want their purposes to remain obscure, and at the very least cast doubt or confusion about whether they are real or imagined. That is the raw data, which has been expressed through a poignantly human paradigm of suspicion and much derision by mostly amateurs selling books.

edit on 13-7-2013 by g2v12 because: grammer

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join