It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials and the reason for their cover up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This may have been discussed before but I have my own questions and i need answers from my fellow ats members. Since I was a child I have been fascinated by the possibility of life on other planets, in other solar systems and other galaxies far far away. I believe that we are not alone in the universe. I have never seen an alien or any UFO of any kind. I just think the odds of earth being the only life bearing planet in the galaxy are very very small considering there are billions of stars with billions of planets orbiting those stars and maybe even millions in the habitable zones of their stars. In my opinion with all those planets in just our galaxy there has to be life out there somewhere. Maybe not in our solar system but I can't believe our planet is the only planet able to support life. Life is a beautiful thing. We cant be alone. Life is out there and may be common. I have a question for you all. Lets just say there is a race of extraterrestrials living on mars and the most elite of the elites know of this race. What would be the reasoning behind a cover up of this alien race? Why not tell us? Our universe is a fascinating and sometimes mind boggling place. I'm sure I'm not the only one this interests so feel free to share your thoughts..

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Well, IF, yes, IF there was any knowledge of some other alien race, regardless their technological standing, they could be the equivalent of cavemen or gods, it doesn't matter, there'd be a giant push from all over the planet to go borrow some sugar, say "hello", etc.

It'd be money thrown into space leadership wants to spend on personal vices, their favorite war, whatever.

Additionally, IF there actually were another intelligent species of life, especially if they were more advanced than we are, there's not a government on the planet that wants its people bucking the system and giving their protection money to the stars, revolting in favor of any kind of mythology that crops up from stories real or imagined of verified advanced non-terrestrials out there, somewhere, in the abstract sense, or have people revolting in favor of actual direct control or friendship benefits offered by contact with such.

Cultural contamination works both ways and what self respecting government wants to have any new, better ideas about doings things, especially economically that could cause slip the leash we wear and know as government?

It all comes down to money, power and control in the end.
Thus, wherever there's money, power and control, never expect a straight answer or any answer about anything that could result in the abdication or loss of money, power or control.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They want control, you can't have control if you give up your greatest advantage, the advantage of not being known.
So in exchange for this secrecy and the ability to carry out their agenda, they give technology in small doses the way we would other countries we just signed a peace treaty with. Problem is, they are ETs, they don't even have to do it this way, unless they aren't supposed to be here and are doing something not allowed in some universal law.

Interesting when you think about these things but I have always felt it's not for our benefit if a cover up is there, it's for theirs. Can't attack an enemy you don't even know about.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It might be that the truth would be so shocking that TPTB don't want to spill the beans.

Recently on the radio show ground zero a guest was saying just that.

You can go here and check out past shows www.groundzeromedia.org... if nothing there now they talk a lot about it. Just check it now and then. They take awhile to post recent shows.

Check out this book EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE,

the authors tell readers about many complex and surprising factors involving the U.S. military, intelligence communities, scientific communities and the general public with regard to UFOs and extraterrestrial visitors.

edit on 11-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Check out this book EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE,
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Thanks.. Planned a trip to the library soon anyway. I've also been trying to get a book called 'Dark Mission' by Richard Hoagland.. Anyone know of it?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yep, I have that. (I probably have most you can name :lol
That book is pretty tedious in some of its parts and lots of chucks are hard to get through.

But, there are some interesting things in there, and if you research this sort of topic.. it could be helpful.

edit on 11-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: spelling ha ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I really hate posting this but I witnessed a ufo, took a few years to identify it and personally I believe this craft manipulated time. It even had me fooled into thinking it was an aircraft or helicopter because of a bright red blinking aviation light.

After this moment I realized everything I thought I knew was wrong....

Alien-extraterrestrial life would not have world altering repurcusions....but time travel would.

There isn't much to keep me from believing an a.i. program has developed algorithms to control the entire world and it's economy. If there is one for just developing hit iPhone games then what is to prevent everything else to be put under a standard of efficiency that humans cannot adhere to.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Interesting when you think about these things but I have always felt it's not for our benefit if a cover up is there, it's for theirs. Can't attack an enemy you don't even know about.
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

It is indeed very interesting. But I personally believe if ets do exist they live in peace with each other and they are waiting for the right time for us to become part of their group of civilized planets. Like when we reach a certain level of technology and get past our need to wage war.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would also like to add that I believe they are watching us. There are so many ways we can wipe ourselves and our entire planet off the map and I believe because of that they have made contact with us around the time nuclear bombs were developed just to explain to the higher ups the dangers of wmds and to make sure we don't kill our planet or cause some irreversable catastrophe to occur. When the right time comes maye we will be welcomed to their group of civilized planets and then we will have to follow some cosmic law that maybe they follow as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Have your read, "The UFO Singularity" by Micah Hanks? If not give it a shot. It might explain a lot of what you said in your post. I really like that book.

The UFO Singularity is a new book by Micah Hanks which makes the claim that a paradigm shift is occurring within the UFO community which is beginning to see UFOs as terrestrial in origin--an ‘us’ as opposed to ‘them’--possibly originating from our own technological advancement at some point in the future after ‘The Singularity’ has been reached. Heavily influenced by Transhumanist Ray Kurzweil, the book explores the singularity and its implications in light of recorded UFO phenomena. After technological singularity is reached, a greater than human super intelligence may result, and in so doing, there is no telling what we as a species and our creations may be able to do, including going back to the past to get first-hand views of historical events or performing maneuvers that seem to break known laws of physics. As such, UFOs may, in fact, be these manifestations of our future technological advancements and not alien at all.

source www.paranormalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Yep, I have that. (I probably have most you can name :lol
That book is pretty tedious in some of its parts and lots of chucks are hard to get through.

But, there are some interesting things in there, and if you research this sort of topic.. it could be helpful.

If only the library had it. They are trying to order it for me. And yes this Is about the only topic I research.lol This kind of stuff really interests me. I guess that's why I seem to fit right in here at ats.

edit on 11-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: spelling ha ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Don't hate to post anything. Feel free to speak your mind. I can't say I've seen a UFO either terrestrial or not but I believe in extraterrestrials.. 100%

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OMG. Well, lets see. The controlling evil forces that rule over this world and the nephilim, offspring of these beings that are seated in positions of power and corporate heads, all benefit enormously by the complete suppression of information regarding ET, Crafts and especially the kind of energy systems that are involved. For we would not be subject to scarsity, or reliant on fossil fuels. We'd be freed and also we'd be really angry and refuse their rule over our children.

That being said, Mars is not a planet to yearn for. its dark side now.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That's the thing, I have seen a ufo and I refuse to accept any notion of extraterrestrial life other than a form of space bacteria.

We've mapped out so much and found so little, every earthlike planet just seems to be another iteration of a mandelbrot fractal, each one becoming larger and larger like peering through the inside of a snowglobe.

With the voyager 1 hitting the limits of our solar system and being supposedly dragged along, what's to make me believe there is anything else actually out there?

If we peered through a lens into another lens that must also attempt to peer out of another lens....what would we find other than confusion, then we try to map out confusion which makes no sense at all.

telescope ---> our atmosphere ----> then out of our solar system = ????

What I did see though, came from the direction of an airfield hidden past city limits.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Knowledge is power.
Everything else feeds into the above statement one way or another.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Knowledge is power.
Everything else feeds into the above statement one way or another.

I guess for the sake of opinions,

Knowledge is nothing without understanding, with just knowledge and without understanding it just leads to an emotional response versus a reasonably logical one.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I read a quote once that may apply: "If you want to truly enslave a person, make them think they're free."
edit on 11-7-2013 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not true in this case.
If there were Martians, the knowledge of such by the common man, in and of itself, would disrupt the power structure here on Earth.

Knowledge, power.
Except in this case, it is the absence of knowledge keeping the power right where it is.

Think about the religious institutions for starters. Sure, the Catholics are shifting towards a stance of ET acceptance, but in the event of contact, or full disclosure, it is a near certainty this society would quickly descend into chaos...risking the delicate balance our Governments work tirelessly to maintain.

Knowledge is power.
It is why they try to monopolize it.
NSA??

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We wouldn't be used to seeing E.t's is one reason. Also technological standards would be completely different, if the e.t's civilization pretty much mastered matter and all it principles, it would definitely be quite intimidating in terms of sheer force. And you'd think nukes and the cold war was bad? People would be extremely frightened of another worldly presence, and this would especially provoke such a need for increased defenses. The only benefit I see is that such acknowledgment would push for N.W.O, seeing as how the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of speak. However, I think this could probably play in the E.t's favor.

Also the usual Machiavellism that would go into such control of technology as others have said.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

...the most elite of the elites know of this [ET] race. What would be the reasoning behind a cover up of this alien race? Why not tell us?

Simple. Right or wrong, true or not, TPTB believe, to quote Jack Nicholson, that "...We can't handle the truth!"

Even if we ultimately CAN handle the truth, the fear that we may not be able to is enough to keep this profound, global revelation under wraps - very, very tight wraps...

TPTB are doing this not for altruistic reasons but rather for obviously selfish ones: they can't afford any disruptions in the financial and resource markets upon which they depend for their livelihood. The consequences of instability among society's unwashed masses (you and me) is potentially devastating, perhaps even fatalistically so. Thus, enormous energy and resources are expended to maintain the status quo: ignorance.

We here at ATS and a few pockets elsewhere can deny such ignorance all we want. As long as the remaining (and vast majority) of sheeple are kept calm, then any such perceived (or real) threat to TPTB is minimized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join