It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden out of Russia, possibly landed in Cuba? Check this out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

He is applying for political asylum in Russia because of his travel restrictions. And he has to meet with Putin's term of "no more leaks to damage the US." Well, Eddie never believes that he has damaged America anyway since he is uncovering crimes against the US citizens. We have to see how this term is being interpreted. He then may be able to travel to Latin America afterward.

And of course, the silly Obama administration is calling Eddie staging a propaganda platform by manipulating other countries in his quest for world domination. I am telling you, this administration is losing it bad.

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Well, I hope they wheel out a television and patch him in from wherever he is

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Edward Snowden is currently in Moscow: here is the new thread with Friday's interview (July 12, 2013).

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If I were in Snowden's shoes Cuba would be on the top of my list of places to enjoy exile at. Very unlikely the US could find him there.

I do think a lot of the speculation on who will grant him asylum has been a distraction while he finds safe passage to a friendly country.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
If I were in Snowden's shoes Cuba would be on the top of my list of places to enjoy exile at. Very unlikely the US could find him there.

I do think a lot of the speculation on who will grant him asylum has been a distraction while he finds safe passage to a friendly country.

cuba is about the size of hartlepool, much better hiding places in russia.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Then why am I seeing that he wants asylum in Russia?

NSA leaker & former CIA employee Edward Snowden has asked for political asylum in Russia, saying he could not fly to Latin America, according to human rights activists who met the whistleblower at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. According to Tatyana Lokshina of Human Rights Watch, Snowden seeks to stay in Russia as he “can’t fly to Latin America yet.”

Snowden wants asylum in Russia

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Smoke screen to buy more time?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Smoke screen to buy more time?

smoke screen for what?
everyone knows where he is, if he goes anywhere everyone will know, if russia give him asylum, again everyone knows.
everyone that has ever had a job also knows what he has done is wrong, if you work at asda and write an open letter to tesco telling insider info you would expect a lawsuit.
governments around the world look for keywords in email and sms messages, shame asange and wikileaks outed it a year earlier but nobody gave a toss, and guess what people are still sending emails and sms.
so again smoke screen for what?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NateHatred

I have had many jobs, I think what he did was right.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

I think they would find him, wrap him in a rug, throw him in the back of an unmarked white van, and have him in Guantanamo Bay, before we even discover he had left the airport in Moscow.

He is a very hot political potato, and the Obama government are probably salivating like Wolfhounds at the thought of getting him back. This one I think is personal.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NateHatred

I completely disagree that anyone who has ever had a job knows what Snowden did was wrong.

Possibly he has committed a crime in the eyes of the United States, but in my opinion he serves a far greater good, doing what's right and proper for the people who are having their right to privacy violated on an enormous scale, and by whom? Snowden claims he had clearance to view data on just about anyone; how many others also have that clearance, and for what purpose?

The U.S government is guilty of the greatest hypocrisy, stating one rule for themselves, and a different rule for those they are supposed to serve.

Everything we do is transparent to those with the power, but everything they do is opaque or invisible to us.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

If this is true how typical is it that even news channels are saying he is still in russia? are the media sensoring this or are they being duped or shall i say tricked by someone else..?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I would like to start by saying that even though so many countries are coming out and condemning the actions of Snowden, this means nothing. This is just what they say on the surface, and they are presenting a face that is acceptable to the USA. For instance, Russia said that Snowden could stay if he promised to stop leaking information. Of course they would say that, but their condition would have meant that Snowden had to tell them everything he knew.

Anyway, I know that Cuba would have allowed Snowden to come there, at least to pass through on his way to South America, so this is entirely plausible. There is one problem however...The media has a constant eye on the airport if I am not mistaken, and surely someone would have seen him leaving. Not necessarily though, and like I said, it is possible. It is even possible that the Russian government did not allow this fact to be publicized, for fear that the US would attempt to do something to the flight in transit. But then again, if the CIA killed Snowden, all of the info he had will get published. He has already taken precautionary steps to ensure this information gets out there.

What the US should do, if they really wanted to make sure nothing gets published, is simply give him a slap on the wrist in exchange for the stopping of leaks, allowing him to return to the US if he chooses. They would never do that, but it may work. However, I think Snowden might really be an ideological person, and is actually doing this, outing the US government, because he knows they are wrong, and like many of us, wants to see a real democracy instituted in America. I applaud his actions, because what he did is one of the few things that a citizen can do to hurt their government enough to make them pay attention. We can protest all day long, but does anyone actually think that will change anything? Nope.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The NSA is the most powerful government agency on the planet. Coupled with the CIA, the NSA has destroyed more fledgling democracies from Latin America to the Middle East, than the Soviet Union had during the entire cold war. This is the unspoken policy of the US, to prevent democracy and communism from taking root. The third world is a gold mine of labor and resources for American corps. and workers. Any system that threatens US hunger for wealth is circumvented before it can begin. Now that this corruption has made its way full circle, back to the citizens who benefited from its leaching economic apparatus, people within the organization are seeing that its threat is now internal, and they are really scared. Americans, if they were smart enough to see it for what it is, might be able to put enough pressure on their congressmen to fire some people and clean up the NSA. It seems unlikely that they will. On average, people appear to believe that they are patriotic and that their leaders are doing the right things to protect them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join