It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden out of Russia, possibly landed in Cuba? Check this out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So I noticed this on another site (which is now removed) but it contained a link of flight information for AFL 150 from Sheremetyevo International Airport to Jose Marti International in Cuba. Check it out:

flightaware.com...

Sure, another regular old flight from Russia to Cuba crossing the Atlantic,almost a straight shot directly across the atlantic landing in Cuba. However, please take the time to look at ANY of the previous flights and you'll see something interesting: the route this flight on Jul 11 is quite different, as every other route takes the plane into the northern hemisphere, over Greenland, then turns south over Eastern US.

I have no facts and no MSM source (like MSM is ever useful anyway), nor anything to go on beyond the speculation based on the fact that this flight changed its route specifically only for this one flight to Cuba!

From Cuba, should Snowden have been on this flight, he should easily be able to connect to Venezuela or Nicaragua for asylum. Personally, I do hope he was able to leave the Russian transit zone. This man has done us all (atleast those who care and/or pay attention) a great favor, regardless of the circumstances.

...Discuss!
edit on 11-7-2013 by SlasherOfVeils because: typos are fun!

edit on 11-7-2013 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yeah, you might have nailed it, that is interesting indeed

edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:51:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Good catch. That said, I still hope that when he leaves (or left) the airport, he leaves a trail of false leads behind him so that he can safely get to where he's going well before anyone figures out how he's getting there. After the info that has been revealed so far, I suspect there are some unknown and perhaps unexpected people who are willing to go to great lengths to help him out. I mean "help him out" as in protect him from the clutches of you know who.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamingsFree

Good catch. That said, I still hope that when he leaves (or left) the airport, he leaves a trail of false leads behind him so that he can safely get to where he's going well before anyone figures out how he's getting there. After the info that has been revealed so far, I suspect there are some unknown and perhaps unexpected people who are willing to go to great lengths to help him out. I mean "help him out" as in protect him from the clutches of you know who.

There are definately handlers and/or other people helping facilitate Snowden; if there wasn't, he would've been nabbed leaving China for Russia, considering HK is open access for CIA and China operators, and he was able to successfully get to the Russian transit zone without being stopped.

The thing I find interesting about this flight is there is NO mention of it, pretty much anywhere, and its been on the radar on how he would manage to leave Russia without getting stopped. This really doesn't look in anyway to be a routine route change.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Imagine if by writing this thread you've given away his position and gotten some NSA goon a promotion..

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Imagine if by writing this thread you've given away his position and gotten some NSA goon a promotion..

I think of it this way:

If I was able to do that, with some plebian flight tracking tools, publicly available to everyone, I feel a lot better that the NSA has employed half retarded monkeys to work there, who couldn't find their way out of a paper lunch bag considering the vast resources, tools, sources and projects available.

...Don't worry they're all busily employed building political and travel profiles on everyone for the DNC.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thread discussing this flight exists already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, I looked into the aircraft's southern path to the Bahamas, and the sharp course change almost directly east to Cuba.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

That course change perfectly supports the possibility of the navigator's intention to avoid the US Air Defense Information Zone.

edit on 11-7-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
An update in consideration of the RT story posted on the other thread (here: rt.com...)

“Westbound transatlantic flights take particular tracks that are determined by the weather conditions,” he said. “It is likely that Snowden is not on board that airplane, but that the North Atlantic Tracks have been moved South because of weather conditions prevailing over Greenland and part of Iceland at the moment,” Yates added.

nice cover, Russia, considering the weather where the plane is landing is far more severe than the weather over Greenland (albeit a smaller area):
prntscr.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
So I noticed this on another site (which is now removed) but it contained a link of flight information for AFL 150 from Sheremetyevo International Airport to Jose Marti International in Cuba. Check it out:

flightaware.com...

Sure, another regular old flight from Russia to Cuba crossing the Atlantic,almost a straight shot directly across the atlantic landing in Cuba. However, please take the time to look at ANY of the previous flights and you'll see something interesting: the route this flight on Jul 11 is quite different, as every other route takes the plane into the northern hemisphere, over Greenland, then turns south over Eastern US.

I have no facts and no MSM source (like MSM is ever useful anyway), nor anything to go on beyond the speculation based on the fact that this flight changed its route specifically only for this one flight to Cuba.

From Cuba, should Snowdne have been on this flight, he should easily be able to connect to Venezuela or Nicaragua for asylum. Personally, I do hope he was able to leave the Russian transit zone. This man has done us all (atleast those who care and/or pay attention) a great favor, regardless of the circumstances.

...Discuss!
edit on 11-7-2013 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

Thank you SOV for posting this thread, and I support your patriotic sentiments as well. There is so much to say about the moral premise of Mr. Snowden's personal sacrifice and the silence of the great American majority. I am also saddened that he receives support from the enemies of the US, rather than those who understand and respect the principles of free will.

I just heard in the news that 56% of Americans think that what the NSA is doing (i.e. PRISM) is okay. That is a statement about the condition of American values. America has become an aggressive terrorist state through unbridled campaigns of violence and war.

The following is a quote from an article entitled, War is Terrorism; By 2009 various well organized studies have cumulatively abridged Iraqi war casualty counts. John Tirman, (executive director and principal research scientist at the MIT Center for International Studies) wrote a commentary for the February issue of The Nation, in which he propounded the statistics underscoring the consequence of the Bush anti-terrorist (terrorism) strategy. According to the best accumulated evidence there are approximately 1 million dead, 4.5 million displaced, 1 to 2 million widows and 5 million orphans. According to a statement by the Iraqi Health Ministry on Al-Iraqya TV in July 2006, many of these orphans were being housed in filthy prisons. As perhaps a sign of anti-American nationalism in January, an eight foot bronze replica of the shoe indignantly hurled at Pres. Bush by journalist, Muntadhar al-Zeidi, was erected at an orphanage complex in Tikrit. Days later it was unceremoniously removed at the behest of the central government which uses US liberated oil revenue to support the orphanage complex. - See more at: newsblaze.com...

There are many views on what freedom is and many opinions. But without privacy, the game is over because privacy is the wall that protects the unique profile of belief systems that compose the individual. A government that wants to control what its citizenry thinks and chooses, must only amass enough information to quantify that profile. When whole populations are reduced to dossiers and algorithms in massive databases, the dynamic of this information can be altered by simply introducing new rules into the program.

I cannot think of any group of people in historical contexts (with perhaps the exception of the short lived Greek democracy) which has been given such knowledge and enlightenment, and which has been thrown it asunder for naught. If Americans are waiting for the evidence of constitutional violations, they won't find it until the matter has been realized through an internal take over.

edit on 11-7-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If he really did end up in Cuba. He will feel like he went back in time (as far as cars he'll see) amazing!

Well, great info OP! I've had the radio on and haven't heard a thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good point!
Same info www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps that's a staged flight because they are worried the plane will be taken out.

Originally posted by TechUnique

I know right, look to Twitter for trends, but ATS for the info.

edit on 11-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Was watching the Russian news today 1TV the main government channel and they reported that Snowned will make an announcement later today from Moscow airport transit zone thus he gathering reporters for that , the Head of the Airport confirmed this information the "event" will indeed take place today that has been initiated by Mr Snowden. I could not find anything else on the internet regarding this to confirm it but it is on the Russian main news if you understand the language "www.1tv.ru"

A former U.S. intelligence officer, who is still in the transit area of ​​Sheremetyevo, calls to his Russian and foreign human rights activists and lawyers. In the second half of the day he is going to make a statement. Representatives of the Moscow airport confirm this information. "Today is planning to organize a meeting with representatives of Mr. Snowden international human rights organizations at the airport" Sheremetyevo ". Presumably meeting will take place in 17.00 in the transit area of ​​the airport. For its part, the airport authority provides a platform to meet and pass directly to representatives of organizations in the area of ​​security limitations, that is, in the transit area. Currently, Mr. Snowden is located within the airport "Sheremetyevo", - said Head of Public Relations Center of the airport "Sheremetyevo" Anna Zakharenkova. Shortly before that, Snowden re looking for in a plane flying to Cuba. Reporters noticed a strange route, which was flying airliner carrying out flight number 150 from Moscow to Havana. Instead of the usual flight over Greenland and along the east coast of the United States, this - passed over Poland, Germany, France and the Atlantic Ocean. This path is longer and potentially more dangerous. Reporters immediately speculated that the aircraft changed course, avoiding the area of ​​responsibility of the U.S. air traffic controllers, and so on-board Snowden. In Havana, however, was not a fugitive, and, as it turned out, everything was basic: over Greenland at the time was severe turbulence and the ship flew it up. Moreover, several other aircraft also had to change course.

This is from the Video , apologies if the translation is bad , blame Google.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Unfortunate thing with this is the us doesn't give two #s if he is in Cuba they will kill him and Blaim it on some anti American bs. Doesn't take much to land an operative in Cuba if they aren't already there.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wish Snowden the very best of luck and thank him for having the guts to tell the public what the Western Governments do behind everyones backs. He has risked his life to defend a principle in the land of the free, yet many of us expect that he will pay for doing this by some form of assassination carried out by those supposedly safeguarding the land of the free.

I was surprised to see that the Germans were so cosy with Obama but now its come out about their spying on their people's private communications I am not any more.

This spying does bother me from a business point of view with industrial secrets, because we don't know if all this information is not a great part of the spying operations, which would give competitors who could possibly come 'buy' this information massive advantages through this spying.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here's the big flaw with this theory, as pointed out by NPR, in a letter to them from the CEO of Flightaware. The flight was supposed to have taken that route to avoid US airspace, but, as pointed out:

"We are receiving a large volume of calls about Aeroflot 150, en route from Moscow to Havana asking if the Southern routing across the Atlantic Ocean is typical and asking if this routing avoids US airspace.
"Because of winds (which blow East), the flight generally takes a more Northern route, up over Iceland, through Canada, and down the Eastern seaboard. However, on days when the winds are light or unusual, it can be more favorable to take a more Southern route which also avoids the additional overflight fees from Canada and the U.S. The route being flown today is comparable distance to the Northern/Canada route, although it appears significantly more direct due to flat projections of a curved Earth. The flight duration today is about the same as the last couple weeks, which suggest they're taking this routing due to winds/overflight fees. The last two times we saw this flight take a similar route were June 20 and June 8.
"On the route it's flying today, it will fly in U.S. airspace; the U.S. controls most of the Western half of the North Atlantic. To actually avoid U.S. airspace, a flight from Moscow to Havana would likely have to fly South to (approximately) Western Sahara and then West, which would be about 30% further than either of the routings discussed above."

www.npr.org...

There was severe weather moving through the northern part of their route in the US, and turbulence over Greenland. Since the winds were lighter down south, they took the southern route (not for the first time either). To completely avoid US airspace, they would have to fly much further south than they did.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article about Snowden which states he wants asylum in Russia.

link: www.newser.com...

Is this really true?

If it is true...how did he arrive at this decision?

Was he pressured into it?

If Russia does give him asylum...will he eventually just disappear?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I heard an announcement this monring on NPR that Snowden was meeting with an international human rights organization at the Moscow Airport international transit "lounge" today.

So that is either a decoy purposely leaked into MSM, or he wasn't on that plane.

And the saga continues...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
STOP WITH THE SNOWDEN CRAAAAP

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

STOP CLICKING ON THREADS RELATED TO HIM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join