It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribes of the programmed biological machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Despite the advancements to the social, economic, politcal and religious instiutions humans are still subugates to the controlling sementics of the tribe, the mob, the herd mentality.
In basic terms you conform yourself to ideas and actions what are considered popular and acceptable by the herd.

Look at you cloths, the music you listen to, review your ideas of morality, were these your ideas ? Of course not they are the ideas of an artifical intelligence that has been built into your once pristine and virgin brain.

Yes behold the marvell that you are, a programmed biological machine. When was the last time you remembered exercising an original thought?

The greatest technological development of a controlled machine is standing in right in front of you in the mirror, yes its you!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I doubt if this is ever going to change, it is a trait of humans. We usually desire to belong to a couple of groups minimum also. Think of family as one group. Work as another group. faithful Wallmart shopper. Religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Despite the advancements to the social, economic, politcal and religious instiutions .....

This is where you are completely wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Despite the advancements to the social, economic, politcal and religious instiutions humans are still subugates to the controlling sementics of the tribe, the mob, the herd mentality.
In basic terms you conform yourself to ideas and actions what are considered popular and acceptable by the herd.

Look at you cloths, the music you listen to, review your ideas of morality, were these your ideas ? Of course not they are the ideas of an artifical intelligence that has been built into your once pristine and virgin brain.

Yes behold the marvell that you are, a programmed biological machine. When was the last time you remembered exercising an original thought?

The greatest technological development of a controlled machine is standing in right in front of you in the mirror, yes its you!

Spot on

And if your like me and you dont wear the latest fashion, and dont like the POPULAR music, and dont watch tele, then your considered a weirdo. I like being weird

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have original thoughts every time and diverge largely from mainstream in tastes and preferences. I like diversity and have a high distaste to forced hegemony.

I gave you a star and flag because I agree 98% and would like to see a discussion on the subject but I do not think that you are correct in the absolutism of the herd mentality or our social imperative. In fact there are even biological exceptions that clearly violate your over generalization, like psychopaths and sociopaths and other "mental" deviants, they have an important function we would all be much worse as a species had we managed to prune them out of our gene-pool...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Great post.

We are the ultimate machine, we can code almost anything in to our brains and eventually it becomes second nature but we do need a spam filter.

S+F

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The spam filter are getting clogged up. We need a lot of anti virus updates as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Now talk about the virus that has been present and been infecting the machines since we were first put here in our tribes of Black/White/Yellow/ Red. It has even found away to infect through music.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well you have hit on something that made me think.
Yes, we do follow the tribe, the herd.
It is instinctive.
Like a flock of birds; a hive of bees; a herd of antelope.
Only problem is, the 'lower' animals have long-standing traditions of behaviours (a.k.a: Instincts)
We seem (to me, anyway) to have lost some of our instincts along the way. We have to teach women how to birth their children and how to care for them. We do not know what plants to eat out in the wild. We have amnesia when it comes to survival as humans. All we have left IS the herd mentality. So we follow. It's all we know to do.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Who is doing the controlling?
I cant honestly claim any thought i have is original, since it just pops out of the ether as far as my awareness is concerned. I am convinced quantum thought transfer happens though.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

But thought 'is' the past, it simply can not be original.

top topics

join