It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've noticed today that many threads have posted 2, 3 or 4 times. I don't think THAT many people have accidentally posted duplicates in one day. Is there some sort of glitch in the system?

I see that many of the duplicates have been removed in a timely manner- go mods!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It could be accidental. Everything seems to running fine for me as I don't post duplicates.

2nd line needed

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

When I finished typing the OP and hit enter instead of going to the thread the screen went blank and the "http:///www.abov...blah,blah,blah" stayed on the tab. It's weird!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
On a day with slow uploads on some servers, due to storms or whatever, a poster will hit the button a couple of times thinking it didn't work the first time. It happens...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I haven't read much about it on ATS - but elsewhere my friends in IT have been discussing that the 'Net has been slow and several ISP's are having problems. This has been for the past few days.

I just posted a thread, awhile ago.... and the window froze up while it was posting. From experience I knew not to push "reply" again ( I saw the little Firefox symbol cycling ). Instead I opened another tab and loaded ATS... then verified, in it, that my thread had posted... even though the other tab was still showing it trying to post.

I hope that made sense.

Thus the multiple thread posts are IMO due to 'Net lag.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That sounds like what just happened to me. I did the same as you and saw that the thread had posted, so I just closed the other tab. I've never seen it happen before so it was strange to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yes, that happened twice today! But I only posted one post because I looked to see if it was posted. Crazy day!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just found a post replicated three times.

Anybody in a thunderstorm?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I don't know, but it did weird stuff to me and I'm not in a storm. I also did a speed test to check my internet speed and it was fine- 30mbps.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well... this thread is in the right place, that's certain.

I was under a long series of really bad weather that lasted 4 days and, during that, my brand new PC was acting like it was wounded and slowly dying. This is why I'm suggesting it might be related.

If there's another reason, I'n sure it'll be found out eventually.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We could go out on a limb and blame the NSA

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Very possible. All of the agencies do everything in triplicate!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Aren't the mods supposed to direct replies to a single thread and close to duplicates? I see it all the time when someone starts a new thread without checking to see that there is one already going on a particular topic. Its making following/ replying to threads difficult.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thefurryone

That only applies to threads that are not identical, accidental multiple postings of the same post. IE if two people author a thread about the same news article, a close and redirect would apply.

In this case - all but one of the identical threads are trashed, leaving the most active one open.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, Mercury is in retrograde...

that could be why...

look it up if you don't know what it means...

Peace!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

We could go out on a limb and blame the NSA

That would be my guess
Sudden uptick in 'terror' suspects have their servers boggy? AARP is adding members exponentially now you know, as the Baby Boomers creep into old age.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join