It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second "incarnation" of Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You must have clicked on the wrong button.

But the New Testament is the only sourceof information for the "second coming" idea, so if the New Testament version of it is rejected, there is no other reason for believing in it at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Actually Islam, Hinduism, and the Baha'i have their own versions along with Christianity and the NT, so that's not exactly true.

I'm partial to the Hindu version which says the second coming will be from within us.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by BlueMule

I refer you to Matthew ch24 vv23-27, which show that instead of coming in that way, he would come in a completely different way.
"Like a flash of lightning" "On the clouds of heaven". We've already been through all that on this thread.

Except that the lightning and clouds are mystical experiences.

I wouldn't expect a fundamentalist to consider such an angle though.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"Like a flash of lightning" means "suddenly, and made known to everyone".
It is then followed by everyone being brought together for the day of judgement.
These are not purely mystical experiences, for select people only.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Like a flash of lightning" means "suddenly, and made known to everyone".
It is then followed by everyone being brought together for the day of judgement.
These are not purely mystical experiences, for select people only.

Everyone listen up, the dogmatic fundamentalist who knows nothing of mysticism is telling us how it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And a mystic who knows nothing of the Bible is telling us what the Bible means?
I refer you to Job ch38 vv1-2

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I had to look that up. I was kind of hoping it was a different verse:

"Doubtless you are the people,
and wisdom will die with you!"
Job 12:2

I knew a guy for a while who burst out laughing when he first read that. For about a week he'd just spontaneously chuckle to himself.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. Without a Christian framework for reference the whole idea of a return of Jesus seems rather irrelevant. Like "Okay folks, here I am, now what was it you expected me to do again?"

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

The New Testament tells us
a) that Christ will return
b) that he will not return "in the flesh".
In fact we are specifically warned (e.g. Matthew ch24) that anyone "in the flesh" claiming to be the returned Christ is a fake, by definition, and must be avoided.

There are two logical possibilities;
You believe what the New Testament says, or you don't.
If you believe what it says, then Christ will not return in a fresh "incarnation".
If you don't believe what it says, you have no rational reason to suppose that he will return at all.
Either way, returning "in the flesh" is not an option.

Jesus distinctly told Thomas, after He was resurrected, that His body is flesh and bone, just like ours:

He distinctly told His disciples that His body is flesh and bone, after He was resurrected, brother.

Luke 24:39 (AKJV)
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

When Jesus returns, we will know for sure it is Him because there will be 3 distinct groups of people at that moment:
1.) Those who die at the sight of Him when He gets close enough.
2.) The righteous dead who are resurrected with their immortal bodies, and meet Him in the air.
3.) The righteous living who watch number 2 happen before being transformed and meeting Jesus and the righteous resurrected in the air.

So yes, Jesus will be returning in a fleshly body like He has right now in Heaven (not reincarnated as somebody else, for crying out loud). But, it will happen quickly. If there is enough time for the news to travel that "Jesus has returned," it isn't true.

Matthew 24:23-27(AKJV)
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Yes, true.
I was dealing with the OP suggestion that it would be a new body, a fresh birth.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think he is starting to return at this very moment, but not in any kind of biblical way. Like you have stated before Akragon, since the internet was invented, we have had more access to more information than ever before, and it is mostly unhindered at this point.

I think this access to information and ability to share ideas with others is waking people up and making us more and more aware of our surroundings.

I think this awareness will eventually lead to a "spiritual awakening" all across the world, where people will begin to realize what our true place in the universe is.

Just as John came in the power and spirit of Elijah, we will also come in the power and spirit of Jesus, meaning his second coming is actually within us. We will remember who we are and where we are going and that we are truly free, even if we are in shackles on this planet.

I think there is more than just one "Jesus" on Earth at this moment, and I think that many of them may not even realize it yet, but they will eventually.

Even the bible had information on 144000 "sealed ones"

An Interlude 1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, so that no wind would blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree.2And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living God; and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,3saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads.” The 144,000 4And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

Forehead? I am 99.9% sure that they are meaning activated third eye chakra.

I am not saying that the bible is right . But it makes me go hmm. It might be.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes, Sting is part of the wave. But now days it is hard to listen to the radio for an hour without hearing the music of the awakened ones or someone who is close. So many all around the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The first incarnation of Christ was from Adam to Jesus. The second incarnation is His body on Earth and Crown (Head) in heaven. The church is the body of Christ. Each of us is a slice of the loaf (1 Corinthians 10). Incarnation is involution as the Spirit is involved into each human born. Luke 3 shows you the first involution starting with Son of God creating Adam and ending in the last Adam (Christ). These are the heels of the loaf that crush the head of Satan (Genesis 3). Christ was the firstfruits of the new man raised from the dead back into the first resurrection of 7 billion souls today. The crucifixion of the 1st century was a foreshadowing of what happens today when the NWO kills Christians. Satan will once again try to kill Christ. Each of us who are saved are parts of the body of Christ.

Acts 24 shows you that Paul believed the wicked and righteous would both be raised on the last day. Revelation tells you the narrative of that last day. Enoch One opens with the same fact.

Enoch One

1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said −Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

3 Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:
The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling, 4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai, [And appear from His camp] And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens. 5 And all shall be smitten with fear And the Watchers shall quake, And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth. 6 And the high mountains shall be shaken, And the high hills shall be made low, And shall melt like wax before the flame 7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder, And all that is upon the earth shall perish, And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

This is called a visitation. Read this thread: Eyes Wide Open All men on Earth will die. First, the wicked will kill the righteous. Then, fire destroys the wicked as they end up killing themselves by a house divided against itself. This is the separation of the sheep and goats. The righteous have this on their side:

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

We inherit a new heaven and earth as the ARK (Christ) carries them two by two into a new beginning from the flood of waters (Baptism). No shadows in this new reality. Light fills every dimension. There are many mansions (Earths) in God's house. This refinery of Earth I shows us how to follow the HitchHiker's guide of Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

The cities are already built.

Midrash

Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil.

The same mechanism that brought each unique soul to Earth today is a refinement process that takes you to the next story God tells. Each Earth is a story to be learned. We can only end our cycles of involution when the stories have all been learned and overcome. There are many stories yet to learn.

edit on 12-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Since no one actually knows what Jesus looked like... another question arises... How would we recognise him when he returned?

Good thing religions were founded way back...when people understood very little of natural phenomena...Gods could thrive. If the messiah came today...he would probably be committed or classified as HOAX on the gullible.

Oh how the times are changing....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would imagine he is suggesting he will just appear somewhere... and perhaps his presence will be felt around the world...

Its a little more plausible then a man floating down from the sky...

Your thread has me thinking about Felix Baumgartner's free fall from 23 miles above the Earth. Imagine if he had landed in the middle of a Bible literalist compound someplace where no-one had heard of Felix - or in an area with primitive people who've just learned from missionaries about the 2nd coming - but had never seen airplanes, etc..... here comes this guy floating down from out of the 'clouds' - with no explanation.

Will Jesus be using a parachute, ya think??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I hope Black Jesus comes back

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Honestly... I'm more of the opinion that we're on our own... Always have been since Jesus came in the first place...

And IF he did return... he must be born again...

People don't just appear, or disappear for that matter...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You know I agree with you on that thought.

@boymonkey: HOW did you get your chimpy mitts on my sweet kitty??? She doesn't NEED a bath. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You gotta have a clean kitty
I scrub them til clean

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ye best not be talkin about me...

I don't take kindly to scrubin...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

He could very well be in the flesh... could be in this website even.

Haven't you met BornofSin, yet, Bluemule? He is He, he says. And furthermore, "Jesus" was never his real name.
Check out his threads.

<< 1    3 >>

join