It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boondock Saints III - Troy Duffy Speaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For those keeping score it is probably fairly obvious that I enjoy the work of Norman Reedus. Most folks today recognize and identify Mr Reedus as Daryl Dixon from the uber popular and amazing television show, AMC's The Walking Dead.

( A treat... a spanking new pic of Daryl from the upcoming season )

Others recognize him from other works. He played a character named Scud in Blade II among others... But the character that many of us associate with Mr Reedus ( In addition to Daryl Dixon ) is as one of the Macmanus brothers, namely Murphy - in the cult classic film The Boondock Saints.

This film has remained, over the years, one of my favorites. It is one of those movies that I tend to get excited about turning people on to... and anyone who gets close me to in the real world will end up being harped on ( by me) until they finally agree to sit down and watch it with me.

There was a sequel - though I think many folks remain unaware of it... Boondock Saints II - All Saints Day

The iconic prayer of the Macmanus brothers

A few minutes ago I came across this article in which Troy Duffy ( The mind behind the Boondock Saints ) discusses a possible and potentially pending third installment to the films.

I, for one, am very much excited about this possibility! Now that Norman Reedus has matured into one of the most compelling actors around - combined with the highly compelling characters and storyline of the Macmanus brothers - could represent the stuff of epic and legendary film making. The sort of perfect storm scenario that Hollywood so rarely recognizes or takes advantage of.

So ATS... any other lovers of these films hanging around? Anyone else as excited about this as I am about the idea of another installment of The Boondock Saints possibly being on the horizon?

If so, or even if not... chime in and share your thoughts!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The Boondock Saints movies stay next to the DVD player at all times, never to be shelved away with the rest of my DVD collection. I have Blade 2 as well, but I hate it that Norman's character turned out to be in cahoots with the vampires. Norman has been my "boyfriend" for a long time!

I hope they do a third movie but I wonder where they will go with it? Please keep us updated with any new info you run across Heff!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I refuse to watch "Boondock Saints".

After seeing the documentary "Over Night", I came to the conclusion that Troy Duffy is the biggest douchebag in Hollywood.

He shat on everyone and anything that gave him a break in Hollywood.

I refuse to give him a dime of my money for being the most egotistical person on the face of the planet.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I honestly don't know much about Troy Duffy or any history about him - only that he's responsible for two movies that I happen to enjoy. I'm not a huge fan of George Lucas as a person... but that doesn't stop me from liking Star Wars.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I honestly don't know much about Troy Duffy or any history about him - only that he's responsible for two movies that I happen to enjoy. I'm not a huge fan of George Lucas as a person... but that doesn't stop me from liking Star Wars.

I see what you are saying.

Just watch "Overnight".

You will not believe your eyes.

I have never seen such behavior.

The dude is about as bad as Hitler.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I also enjoyed Boondock Saints.
I have probably watched it over 100 times, it's one of those rare movies you can watch over and over again without getting bored of it.

Personally I could have done without the sequel they made. I think they tried too hard to make it funny.

But I am excited about another one, hopefully they get it right.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh, hey, did someone mention "Overnight"?

That's the full movie. It's very, very uncomfortable.
edit on 7/12/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Boondock Saints kind of shaped who I am as a person as I was young when I saw it.

I will most certainly be seeing the new one when it comes.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It's funny you mention this - I just watched both Boondock Saints movies just yesterday. I even pondered the prospect of a third and potentially final installment in the series. The fashion in which the second movie ended definitely left open a plot for a third movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Plastic Jesus and the boondock prayer are on rotation as my ring tone . Heh

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I refuse to watch "Boondock Saints".

After seeing the documentary "Over Night", I came to the conclusion that Troy Duffy is the biggest douchebag in Hollywood.

He shat on everyone and anything that gave him a break in Hollywood.
I refuse to give him a dime of my money for being the most egotistical person on the face of the planet.

I concure, anyone selling a script to the Harry and his brother Wise-Ensteins for $250,000, wanting all rights direction, and overseeing all aspects is nuts. They already bought him the bar he was the 'bartender' drunk manager of. I have never seen such a gross inflation of ego as "TUG" Troy Duffy. So sorry for his brother, the genious of the BAND---"THE BROOD"??? Unbelievable (with our Rotwiellers and black leather Jackets tough guy personas , its the 90's man DETROIT DONT YOU GET IT WEES COOLER THAN YOU we are going to change the world OVERNIGHT). No wonder the Weinsteins took a pass, they produce great movies for Miramax and support the independents. Troy, such a blowhard, getting his movies made in Vancouver with 3rd rate actors. He should have had a class act Quentin Tarantino look at his script, Tarantino would have called him out as A RIPOFF of his earlier films.
edit on 14-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Plastic Jesus... As in the Mojo Nixon tune?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by PtolemyII

Plastic Jesus... As in the Mojo Nixon tune?

Taylor Duffy. One of the coolest scenes from Boondock Saint 2 ,is choreographed to it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Huge fan here! I even got the el duce cross! I love that movie and if Duffy doesnt make another one Im going to kick him in the nutts!

top topics

join