It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your biggest sin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

"Faith is mind-rot

Bad rap or what ?
If it wasn't for faith, no one would 've walked on the moon.
Thru faith, america was discovered and freedom was won. Faith is a sin ?
Depends on where you put your faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by Unity_99

Ego can also be seen as sin.
Somehow you are right about that Unity 99.

That can be true in certain conditions like the exposed false ego that some people have.

This why their names shall not be forever spoken as my will.

its about Love. Family above, God, the Infinite Consciousness, is all perfected and Love. Their names not spoken is never going to happen, all recover in the end, and this is the past. That is only ending that matters.

All else bears false witness against Mom/Dad, and I was born knowing.

Not condoning harm, for harming others in serious ways is the long way home for some but there are many to intercede.

Its judgments instead of love and mercy that are the problem, yet in the fray of life, when people are really getting hurt, its understandable at that. Just we have move beyond it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

If it wasn't for faith, no one would 've walked on the moon.

I think you're confusing mindless faith, with the cold war.

Thru faith, america was discovered

Right because Columbus had no reason whatsoever to suspect the globe was spherical, he just set sail on faith......

and freedom was won.

I guess this is what happens when the only class you pay any attention to is the one held on a Sunday morning...

edit on 21-7-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by Prezbo369

I think you're confusing mindless faith, with the cold war.

Nope, I'm talking about persoanal faith. Not even necessarily in God.

Right because Columbus had no reason whatsoever to suspect the globe was spherical, he just set sail on faith......

Of course he did. Faith in his vessel, faith in his crew.

I guess this is what happens when the only class you pay any attention to is the one held on a Sunday morning...

Nope, this is what happens if you broaden your view of the term faith.
edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

........you responded to my post, my comment, and I was talking about religious faith.......in a religious thread in the Religion, Faith and Theology forum.........shocking I know

You're attempting to conflate trust and religious faith, which is fairly standard procedure for any theist whenever confronted with the absurdity of said faith. Columbus had sailed many many times before and had seen many other people sail throughout his entire life, he had evidence that boats could float and that men could sail them. He had good reason to trust both his boat and his crew, he didn't set sail blindly hoping that his boat would float and that his crew could do their job.

Religious faith is believing something for no good reason whatsoever, even to the point of dying for those beliefs.............and as thinking beings with the ability to reason, there can't be a bigger 'sin'.

P.s Christian rap is some of the worst music ever recorded, so I wouldn't expect you to know one way or another

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Religious faith is believing something for no good reason whatsoever, even to the point of dying for those beliefs.............and as thinking beings with the ability to reason, there can't be a bigger 'sin'.

Well I don't know much about religious faith, as I prescribe to no religion. I just believe in Christ
and try follow his lead by considering him in all that I do. Never felt the need for someone
elses interpolation of what I read. So my faith is in God and Columbus had to have some faith
that he would get to where he wanted to go. I don't see that you have a solid arguement against
that. And there is good reason for me to believe what Christ says. But why should you and I carry
this forward ? We both already know where it's going.
edit on 26-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by piequal3because14

Um well, heh ( nervous smile ) ya, gee I ( rolls eyes ) eh, what time you got ? ( pulls hanky )
( wipes brow ) Ok, call me later, gotta aah run ( spins and bolts talking out of the side of neck )
I'll get back to ya !

Lets just describe them as colorful.

Even 1 sin is enough to get you destroyed without Christ. So let's call them all even and just mention the least embarrassing one.

All I can say is my sins are piled high and if the Lord doesn't forgive me then i'll be riding a 6 mile wide asteroid of sins to hell in a giant fireball.
edit on 26-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh man here we go!
I bet you haven't got anything on me Wolf. But if I did turn
outr to be to much for Heaven, I would make everyone there more miserable than
they already are. Cause I still wouldn't shut up about how awesome be Jesus Christ.
Ya ! I could see myself getting kicked out of hell.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Faith is mind-rot -- it's a poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It's a parasite that's regarded as a virtue."

Faith is another word for hope. No man can live without hope. Take away a man's hope and he will seek to die. You can have all the critical thinking you want, but if you have no hope you will not survive. Despite what you think you can have faith and have critical thinking. Biblical archeaologists do it all the time and they turn over some pretty surprising evidence that often gets suppressed.

Hopelessness is a parasite, and it does what a parasite will eventually do. Rob people of their will to live. If this life is a fluke, a pointless waste of time, energy and space and we are all but pointless automotons then we have lives of worthlessness, and your life is meaningless and pointless from the day you are born to the day you die. All that you are and were will be forgotten. That is some massive negativity to follow that line of thinking, and it will lead to a life of bitterness and anger.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That's one of the most words worth posts I've ever read from you Wolf. Bravo !

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well I don't know much about religious faith, as I prescribe to no religion. I just believe in Christ
and try follow his lead by considering him in all that I do.

Sounds like you're a Christian no? regardless that's besides the point, isn't it. You know exactly what is meant by religious faith, and you know you don't need to be in a religion to have it.

So my faith is in God and Columbus had to have some faith
that he would get to where he wanted to go.

As I explained, he had trust. Do you need faith to know your car/bike/bus/train will take you where you need to go? Or is it that you've used those methods of transportation many many times in the past along with millions if not billions of others in the past?

Blind religious faith, the type you and other beleivers have is beleiving in something for absolutely no good reason. It's why they call it faith. Columbus had a long list of reasons as to why he would and should trust his boat and his crew.

I don't see that you have a solid arguement against
that.

It's clear now you have so much 'faith' that you'd never admit to being wrong about this or anything to do with your chosen godhead.

And there is good reason for me to believe what Christ says.

And whats that? That you really really really want it to be true that he exists and he (the master and creator of the universe) thinks your a really super guy?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

(the master and creator of the universe) thinks your a really super guy?

Not at all. These are claims I make about him as he isn't one to
parade around the universe proclaiming himself as God. Why
should he ? If we aren't smart enough to figure it out from
everything he's provided for our existence. Then I can understand
exactly why he wouldn't trust us with an eternal life. Let alone
not deserving one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are no sins, just mistakes. Through the mind of God, there are no sins. When you make a mistake, you are one step away from raising your consciousness back to God. Therefore, acknowledge your mistake and do it no more. If you keep doing the same mistakes, then it will come back to you the same way. The Material Universe we live in is like a mirror. You get back what you did based on a positive or negative action. For when there is an action, there is a reaction by the universe. This is a way of teaching you a lesson, not to punish you. For everything in life is a lesson. It's a school. Because most religions are fear-based, meaning they teach a God who is far away and punish you through eternal hellfire, people generally believe in sin. I tell you today that this is all falsehood. God doesn't believe in punishment, so why would you? Well, because you are using the mind of man not the mind of God. Put on Christ Consciousness or the mind of God and you will understand. For the Kingdom of Heaven is within you, which is your consciousness. Raise your consciousness each day and worry not about sinning or not sinning. You are One with God, and all things are One. If you hurt others, you hurt yourself, for you are One with all beings.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctophil
There are no sins, just mistakes. Through the mind of God, there are no sins. When you make a mistake, you are one step away from raising your consciousness back to God. Therefore, acknowledge your mistake and do it no more. If you keep doing the same mistakes, then it will come back to you the same way. The Material Universe we live in is like a mirror. You get back what you did based on a positive or negative action. For when there is an action, there is a reaction by the universe. This is a way of teaching you a lesson, not to punish you. For everything in life is a lesson. It's a school. Because most religions are fear-based, meaning they teach a God who is far away and punish you through eternal hellfire, people generally believe in sin. I tell you today that this is all falsehood. God doesn't believe in punishment, so why would you? Well, because you are using the mind of man not the mind of God. Put on Christ Consciousness or the mind of God and you will understand. For the Kingdom of Heaven is within you, which is your consciousness. Raise your consciousness each day and worry not about sinning or not sinning. You are One with God, and all things are One. If you hurt others, you hurt yourself, for you are One with all beings.

Hello ! That all sounds real sweet, fuzzy,Terence McKenna and all, but without any
scripture to back it up. This is all crap you and reverend Moon just dreamed up. See I'm
not look'n for your view and I didn't say I'm following you either. The God I believe in is
perfectly capable of getting me the right message. All I have to do is read it. But you
can dream up what ever you want for yourself. Just blow the smoke some where else
cause you're talk'n crap.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Sin is only relative to the sinner. My sin would be seen as normal behavior for some and others would view me a monster.

It doesn't matter no one can judge my sin as harshly as I have judged myself. What was my sin?

I did something many women do, something I judge others for doing. Though I had been threatened with a breakup, loneliness, even being kicked they were only threats, my hands were not tied. I showed weakness of character and heart.

I had an abortion many years ago and I will never forgive myself. Its strange when people ask me if I could ever take the life of someone else I always think I already have. I took a life and I have to live with that everyday.

edit on 26-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Christ said. " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ". He also said, " Go and sin no more " and I believe that's exactly what he would say to you now. Go ( as in live your life ) and sin no more. ( because you are forgiven ).
God knows your heart. Time to move on with your life.

Leave the forgiveness to God.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sin is subjective.

What does that mean? It is a belief system.

If sin is some evil against God, then first you'd have to believe in God and have certain beliefs about that God.

I'll answer your question anyway.

Most people probably consider selfishness to be a sin. I am selfish so I guess that is my biggest sin. It is not a "mask" to hide behind. That is just the reality. It is how I am. I am not uncaring towards others but I usually focus mostly on "MY" self interests. So, that is my favorite "sin".

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If sin is some evil against God, then first you'd have to believe in God and have certain beliefs about that God.
Sin is evil against us,because first to be hurt is the self.

This why we have given laws by Father,because we are like children of not knowing what life really is about.

Although we are conviced that we know.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

It doesn't matter no one can judge my sin as harshly as I have judged myself. What was my sin?
We may be very surprised when the time of judgement comes of what we expect can be reversed than we thought.

So,your sin might be the way to Paradise,but right now you don't know why.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let those without Sin be those to cast the first stones.
The biggest Sin is having a Sinner cast the first stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join