It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your biggest sin?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To me sin is an imagery disease use to sell fear and false hope. I would use the word weaknesses to describe what can affect me badly. I guess I can be my own worse enemy because only I can succeed or fail in my life. Hopefully this answers the question.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry OP like I will tell you when you have not told us your own biggest sin....
So come on spill the beans eh? practise what you preach.
edit on 12-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm willing to bet your biggest sin involves scrubbing kitties, but I drift off topic me thinks!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Your biggest sin is not replying to the valid questioning of your own posts. You make very personal grey accusations and when the OP asks you to identify or explain, you return with the childish answer "WELL, YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW", when asked to explain yourself, you say "ITS UP TO YOU". What kind of diolog is this (disrespectful) that you should not expect on your own thread. You havent proclaimed your greatest sin yet and that to my mind is fishing for others information, THEREFORE YOU ARE WEAK (in preying upon the gullibility of others to confess something you have no business or authority to ask).

edit on 12-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I confess my sins to the Lord in private and repent of them.
Some things that people wouldn't consider to be sins can
be to a confessing christian.Examples...
1.Not reading the Bible everyday.
2.Watching bad things on tv.
3.Thinking bad thoughts about others.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My biggest sin was letting my ex wife think she could pull off wearing spandex in public...

So, so sorry...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Selfish.

I dedicate most of my resources to me. I would only study to know more for personnel gain not to teach. Only a small part is truly giving.

The first would be not living to my own standards. I take longer breaks than needed I feel as though life deserves more which I should be capable off if I was thankful of life rather than selfish with it.

But I try to be honest, helpful, nice. I don't directly hurt on propose.

So I don't count these as sins. Sin for me is direct action not by lack off doing. Such as stealing from poor or bullying.

I hope no one commits what I would call sin as that would make you nasty in my opinions.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I'm willing to bet your biggest sin involves scrubbing kitties, but I drift off topic me thinks!

And when he changes his avatar, people imaginations are going to go to some, maybe not so off topic, thoughts

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I have the sin of love.... of which you do not understand very much about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Wow so love is a sin now
and how dare you say I do not know about love pffft.
More BS from yourself as usual....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Wow so love is a sin now and how dare you say I do not know about love pffft.
I am afraid you do not understand and you never will.

Love is a permanent feeling that someone can carry in his soul for his entire life.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Stop with the trolling please.
Tell me why you think Iam incapable of love? you know nothing of me.
In fact don't bother you are a troll nothing more and I refuse to be baited...good day.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Stop with the trolling please.
Tell me why you think Iam incapable of love? you know nothing of me.
In fact don't bother you are a troll nothing more and I refuse to be baited...good day.
You are afraid of love boymonkey
you are afraid of your sins.....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The only sin is the belief in 'becoming'.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I know what my biggest 'pet sins' are. But I'm not going to say here.

That's between me and God. I'm working on them ...
But to say what they are here would just open up a whole lot of problems on other threads.

PASS ....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

My biggest sin is only known to me, my husband and God.
Nobody else needs to know, and nobody ever will.

Yup. We live in a world where most people think they have to confess their sins. Talk about them. Relive them over and over and over. My sins are mine, and they are defined by me (not by any religious standards). I do carry them throughout my life. If there is evidence of true remorse, it would be that we are ashamed of our sins and don't want to talk about them. If we aren't truly remorseful we'd blab them to the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Let's stop....

Making judgments on others.....
and stick to the topic of personal admissions.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Anything further off topic faces possible post removals or posting bans.

edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed code

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The family aspect of forgiveness involves naturalness, ie. one person wrongs his brother, (possibly in reality they both acted harshly or argued harshly), one comes to his senses and takes responsibility and apologizes to the other, and they both grow more love. Perhaps they become more conscious of their interactions and chose better words, less selfish. More "other oriented".

There is no need to confess ones sins in public.

If someone has committed a serious harm like murder or rape, against another, then we have a justice system. Our justice system can be harsh and not foster healing.

Problems always seem to come from externalizing religion, rather than understanding its all metaphor for inner processes.

Being honest and saying sorry, even if you feel your right, its a good trait.

Writhing in the muck and beating your chest and saying, we're all sinners and I'm a worm is a bad thing, for its a program run by the Dracos.

I'm always saddened by reacting to stress or arguments within the family, and by not doing more or somehow finding the right doorway in a changed behavior, thought, intent so that I can be flooded with healing to do more.

Ego can also be seen as sin.

But we don't need to confess or buy into this idea that all are pathetic worms, instead see the good in people and yourself, foster this, choose happiness and to shine to the others, love covers much.

edit on 13-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The biggest sin?

Faith - belief in something for no good reason whatsoever, even in the face of conflicting information.

"Faith is mind-rot -- it's a poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It's a parasite that's regarded as a virtue."

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ego can also be seen as sin.
Somehow you are right about that Unity 99.

That can be true in certain conditions like the exposed false ego that some people have.

This why their names shall not be forever spoken as my will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join