It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious leanings of Freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
to be a mason you simply have to ask a mason... it really is that simple.

As for the rest, a simple apology for bad language would suffice. Christian's do get angry, GOOD Christians do not need to use vulgarity to covey the depth of their emotions.

Regardless, there certainly has been a ton of ignorance and hate posted against various religions and masons in this thread... hate speech is all it is, plain and simple, and sad, truly, is what it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

Ohh.. Scary!!! Here we go again!!! Why are Christians so Afraid/Scared of this "Satan" Concept that they created themselves?

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

The whole idea is that they didn't create it themselves.
I have heard such logic, humans seeking something to blame their mistakes on, and the devil being the perfect solution for this.
It's a nice fairytale that sounds acceptable on a superfacial level, but when you look deeper into the evil in this world, and why certain things go the way they go you might find out that there's more going on here.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Quote: "when you look deeper into the evil in this world, and why certain things go the way they go you might find out that there's more going on here."

Yes - that WE (HUMANITY) are the Angels & the Devils - GOD gave us
FREE WILL & we CHOOSE to either do GOOD or do EVIL. We will then be Rewarded or Punished or have to
Pay the Price @ some point for our actions (If you believe in Karma like me). Simple no?

God & Satan are BOTH mentioned in Judo-Christian Scripture. We are not Puppets - we get to Choose.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It would be great if you were right Seraphim.
I really wish you would be right, but I know better.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well you can always Choose to Give Up your Free Will & be a Slave - if that is what you wish. Good Luck with that - I hope that it works out for you.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Well you can always Choose to Give Up your Free Will & be a Slave - if that is what you wish. Good Luck with that - I hope that it works out for you.

Nah you don't get it.
Free will is what we all have, and nothing can change this.
There are however beings in this world that are trying to manipulate our free will.
Not all evil comes from Satan, I even think most is result of free will.
But satan and demons are not without power, and they can influence your life and make you go into the wrong direction.
Do you believe in curses?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Nah you don't get it.

Personally, I think he gets it quite well.

Free will is what we all have, and nothing can change this.
There are however beings in this world that are trying to manipulate our free will.

How so? Certainly there are people who wish to manipulate our actions, but that consists in convincing us to go along with them. We still have free will even when we make bad decisions; it is only by virtue of free will that we can even say a mistake has been made. For without free will, we wouldn't have been able to act otherwise.

Not all evil comes from Satan, I even think most is result of free will.
But satan and demons are not without power, and they can influence your life and make you go into the wrong direction.
Do you believe in curses?

I know this question wasn't directed at me; I of course do not believe in curses, demons, etc., as most of these beliefs are simply carry-overs from earlier, superstitious eras. It is all too easy for people who do not want to take responsibility for their own lives and actions to blame the devil, or Iblis, or Ahriman, or the Titans, or whatever.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I do Not Believe that "Satan" is an actual Entity/Being - it is a Concept. I also do not deny that there is Evil in the World - there has been Evil in the World from Day 1 until NOW.

I believe that "Satanic Evil" is a CORRUPTION of the Human Soul & Consciousness. It is what happens when people have Too Much Intelligence & Not Enough Compassion to Balance it out. It is what happens when People Become Totally & Utterly Self-Absorbed. Focused solely on Attaining Material Wealth for themselves - no matter at what cost to others. In this way they are either Indifferent to or Purposely Inflicting Suffering on Others. As you can see "Modern Society" is Geared along this way of thought. Charitable Giving has become a Joke!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join