It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Accuses GSK Staff of Corruption, Tax Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

BEIJING -- Senior managers of British drug firm GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) (IW 1000/105) in China have confessed to bribery, "serious" business offences and tax crimes, police said Thursday. "As a big multinational pharmaceutical company, GSK China in recent years rampantly bribed some government officials, a number of pharmaceutical industry groups and funds, hospitals and doctors," the ministry of public security said.

Good Job China beginning to sound like you guys are spreading freedom and liberty in the east without a shock an awe campaign or assistance from us spectacular! (sarcasm)

"The case involves a large number of people, a long period of time, a huge value and its circumstances are vile," it added. Some senior managers have confessed their wrongdoings in preliminary interrogation, the statement said, without specifying the suspects' nationalities.

SOURCE

So once again another scandal/ conspiracy unfolds in the big business sector China or not and it seems to me like it is just going to pass on by and nothing is going to happen. In this article it even goes on to say that bribery in the medical field is common practice. This is unacceptable I also wonder why the news also decided to leave out the names and nationalities as well, I would like to know who was from where and stood to profit. I know in many cases in America they publish who gets arrested name address and charge whether one is guilty or not in the news paper everyday
edit on 11-7-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

join