It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunter Lorraine Warren On the Haunted House She Won’t Revisit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass

That's an interesting idea. I also always wonder too if perhaps ghosts are something similar to movies like "Solaris" or "Sphere" where they are just projections of one's psyche.

It's a possibility......... I suspect that what we call ghosts could be a number of things........but grouped together under the melting pot of ghosts.......... take poltergeists for example (noisy ghost is the German translation).......they are always called "ghosts".........but most researchers believe they are the manifestation of energy coming from a disturbed living person.......usually a teenager in the household.

My mother (at about 8 years old) claims to have not only seen but interacted with her dead great grandmother, and what strengthens this case is that her nanny at the time also saw and interacted with the ghost at the same time on 2 separate occasions.............unfortunately I cannot get verification from the nanny as I suspect she is long gone, but my mum wouldn't lie about these things to me or indeed her grand kids who also have been told the story from her.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by Ghost stories/Hauntings...

But the skeptic in me thinks that these "mediums" who go into "haunted places" are essentially making up stories about "feeling a presence" or somesuch in order to make money/fame from being "mediums".

In some cases, the "mediums" in question may actually have undiagnosed mental problems and thus "truly believe" that they see/hear/feel ghostly presences - except that it is mental illness that causes these experiences, and not a real "ghost" or "spirit presence".

Would video of a real ghost convince me otherwise? Possibly, if it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the footage has not been doctored digitally.

As fascinating as stories of "hauntings" are, I believe that most of them are bunk, or mere "urban legends" and whathaveyou...

My 2 Cents

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lada2000

Why does everyone who has no sixth sense ,always assume people who are sensitive,have a mental issue ?
It's just black and white. Either you can see it ,or you cannot. Nothing to do with a psych problem.
It's like being color blind. Either you see the color spectrum ,or you do not.
Things are occult,by mere definition of the word.
Occult - something that is present,but cannot be seen with the naked eye .

The measurement of occult things ,may just not be on our level of technology yet .
If you told a 15th century man ,that stuff that comes out of him when he is cut ,is millions of tiny red blobs ,that are alive ,would have made them call you a person with a psychiatric problem .
But then,18th century man invented the microscope ,and showed this was true.
Technological advancements have everything to do with proving to skeptics ,what the rest of us have known for years .

It's also entirely possible ,being psychic is a genetic pre disposition .Like the people who can eat cilantro,and those who cannot.

And there are videos of ghosts . Plenty are legit .

edit on 7/14/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Go watch a few shows from The Dead Files t.v. show on You Tube. That show has a medium go in to haunted places separately from a detective who talks to the people to see what is happening. The two don't speak until the end of the investigation. He gathers physical evidence, and she tells what she picked up psychically.
Their findings validate one another at the end.

Want more proof? I guess I'll have to ask my ghostly friend to pay you a visit.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

A thought on "Mental illness" and mediums and psychics....

Perhaps it is because the brain does function slightly differently that they can do some of the things they do.
That does not mean it does not happen, it just means the brain is acting in a diferent way than a "normal" brain would.

Perhaps some of the filters are missing that would normally block such energies and overload the mind.

Not saying it is always that way, but look a person with hyper vigilance, who's mind picks up everything in their environment unlike a person who is able to filter out some of the information and not overload. If there is a sixth sense and maybe more, would they not be able to filter these out as well and see some things more clearly in some respects?

Unless you don't believe at all in ESP.

But then, that is just a theory of mine.
I actually suspect many psychics suffer from anxiety disorders of some kind, you would have to be crazy in order to deal with some of the things psychics deal with.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I agree with your theory.

There are all kinds of things that happen in the brain that give some people an ability in an area that others may not have.
Take Savant Syndrome for instance. People who have this are able to do amazing things that others cannot!

Here is a thread on this topic for anyone interested in learning more:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just because mediums and psychics can see into the spiritual dimension does not make them mentally insane.
That's just ignorant talk right there!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would like to state here how honored I feel to have this thread chosen for the Live ATS radio show last night.

Thank you, to all who have replied here, and to the staff of ATS for choosing it.

MODS, Do I get an applause for being chosen?

edit on 7/14/2013 by sled735 because: add addressee

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'll give you some!

*claps hands*

YAY Sled!

Although I know that isn't what you mean

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lada2000

As fascinating as stories of "hauntings" are, I believe that most of them are bunk, or mere "urban legends" and whathaveyou...

You are probably correct........"most" hauntings or ghost appearances probably do have a rational explanation.
and the "ultra sound" phenomena discovered by Vic Tandy, could well account for a fair number of sightings and experiences etc.
I am certainly not that impressed with many of the tv shows about ghosts, where the witness would show photos or videos of orbs or very blurry images..........and then claim it MUST be a ghost.

That said though, the case that my mother described to me is not an easy one to debunk (There are other details that I haven't gone into) particularly as 2 people see the same ghost at the same time.
I also have my own experience where my bed matress springs began moving up and down of their own accord.

In my mind there is little doubt that they exist.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

I'll give you some!

*claps hands*

YAY Sled!

Although I know that isn't what you mean

Thanks, Darkblade.

Yeah, I thought I better go back and add an addressee to that last line to avoid confusion for any new people here.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Congratulations on having your thread chosen for the ATS radio show, Sled.

Although you were addressing the MODs, I will give you an applause, as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

hehehe I suggested it, and Im not a mod. So bask in the glory of a nobody picking your thread
But a great thread & we all loved it on the show.

edit on 15-7-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thanks, man! Appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I attended one of the Warren's open classes on Halloween night at Illinois State University back in the 80s. Anyone could attend and I was still in high school but I went with my sister. That was the most fabulous halloween class I ever attended, lol. The auditorium was packed, too.

They talked about their experiences and showed slides of actual exorcisms and you could hear some people running out the door, they were so spooked. Their tales were hair-raising.

But when they played the tapes of the exorcisms, with the shouting, screaming and growling almost the entire audience got up and walked out. I am getting goosebumps now just thinking about it! I tried to get up but my sister clamped her hand on mine and told me to 'sit down'. I've never been so terrified, lol!

We got to meet them at the end of the class and my sister wanted to buy one of the tapes. I put up such a stink that she changed her mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

That must have been awesome!

There was another member that posted here about attending one of her halloween events.
I feel a little jealous right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just thought I would stop by and give some props for an awesome thread!

I love all the ghost story shows. I record them all. Looking forward to watching the documentary when it comes out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Yes, I can't wait to see the next one coming up. It sounds awesome!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join