It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunter Lorraine Warren On the Haunted House She Won’t Revisit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Did you read this somewhere? Do you have a source for this?

If so, can you share it? I wouldn't use that kind of slander against someone unless I could back it up. It could get you sued.

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who posted last night while I was at work. I especially thank those who posted videos.
That one of the poltergeist was wild!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Really? I didn't think so. I have seen YOUTUBEs of how ghost hunters has hoaxed in the past. But I hadn't heard that about Paranormal State. Geee .. another reality TV show on ghost hunting bites the dust ....

Sadly, here's the thing about realitytv shows: They have to be entertaining. So when it comes to paranormal shows, you've got to either find places with real recordable paranormal activity, or you have to start faking it lest you lose your show. I used to watch ghost hunters, knowing barely 2 seasons in they were hoaxing. Don't get me wrong, in some cases I think the production crew, not the "hunters" were faking things, but as the show progressed, they all started doing it.

I'm not even going to say they faked it all, but any faking at all is too much. I lost faith in the ghost hunters after the episode where someone "tampered" with equipment during an investigation and faked a blanket moving. Yes, they admitted someone tampered with it, but that was the end of the story. If they gave a rats ass they would have investigated WHO tampered with it, but we already know, they did.

I wouldn't let those reality shows taint your views of paranormal, or all investigators. But those making movies, tv shows and selling magazines as well as "ghost hunting" devices and iphone apps should be all but ignored.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

That's definitely spooky, I've seen it on various different paranormal shows over the years. Sadly, half a chair on a screen moving doesn't do much for me. I mean, at least when ghost hunters faked a chair moving, you could see the whole thing.

But I guess that's the skeptic in me, I see half a chair, i wonder, why can't I see the legs of the chair? Surely once it moved, you'd pan the camera down right? I would. I also become skeptical of the movement itself, looks an awful lot like someones got some strings looped around each of the back legs.Then again, how the hell am I supposed to know what it looks like when a ghost moves a chair?

I don't think the house was haunted, I think that was a story cooked up to try to save a murderer from a death sentence, or possibly to get him off on insanity charges.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I recall reading somewhere that after the Lutz family fled the house, new owners moved in. It was said the new family didn't experience anything paranormal. Do you know if there's a family living in that house now? If not, and if it's a house that can't be occupied, why doesn't the town just demolish it?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

There was one show on Ghost Adventureswhere a brick flew across the room, and a pole fell the opposite way it should have.
This was one show that I think was real out of the many that were faked with this particular crew.
It totally freaked Zack out! You could tell from his reaction he wasn't acting. It scared the hell out of him.

And they showed everything in slow motion so you could see there were no strings rigged.

I tried to find the video, but there are too many to look through without knowing the title. Does anyone know the episode I'm talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The house known as 112 Ocean Avenue still exists, but it has been renovated and the address changed in order to discourage sightseers from visiting it. The famous quarter round windows have been removed, and the house today looks considerably different from its depiction in the films. The house in Toms River used as the location for the first three films has also been modified for the same reason. For the 2005 film version, the house was renamed 412 Ocean Avenue. The 2005 film remake says that the basement of the Lutz home was built in 1692, but 112 Ocean Avenue – also known as High Hopes – was built around 1924 for John and Catherine Moynahan.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

no issues with the house after the Lutz family.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

This was discussed in some previous posts. They say people have/are living there now with no activity. This could be because the evil followed/attached to the Lutz family.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Did you read this somewhere? Do you have a source for this?

If so, can you share it? I wouldn't use that kind of slander against someone unless I could back it up. It could get you sued.

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

Chip is free to take me to court for the nickle I don't have in my pocket, if he likes. I suppose he could try to take my upcoming student loan, but he'd have to pry that debt from the cold dead hands of the Canadian government, and I suspect that wouldn't work out too well for him, given Canada's litigation laws.

No, I don't have a "source" for Chip's preference for children, other than my "sixth sense".

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I like the ghost adventures crew, its my secret fetish

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Personally, I like Chip. He started a program to help young people who have psychic abilities understand and deal with their gift without being scared of it.

Just because he talks like he's gay, and works with young people doesn't make him a child molester.

Surely, if this were true, there would be some child coming forward by now.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I wouldn't be stating it as fact, without facts.

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Which is why I never stated it as fact. Pretty sure the only thing about chip that I stated as fact is that he's a fraud.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
ahhh she drives me nuts , now i know its a buiness so she has to turn a buck but her & hubby always said EVERYTHING WAS A DEMON
if they passed over they were a demon
since her husband died does
that mean hes a demon also
she has never shown up anywhere & said " its just a regular haunting"

its all a scam when it comes to her buisness

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Here is a conversation Loraine had during an interview.
There is much more to the conversation, if you would like to read it. I couldn't fit it all in the quote box.

www.movieweb.com...

O: Real quick, can you tell us what spirit, or spirits, do you think were in the Amityville House?

Warren: Evil. Evil. The personification of Evil.

O: What was the scariest thing for you?

Warren: When it followed us home the very first night. The Evil. Anyway, it would take me so long to tell you guys everything that happened to our car. We couldn't talk about Amityville. If you think I was going to talk about it on that flight from the East, you're crazy. And I don't consider myself superstitious by any means.

O: So you won't talk about it on a plane?

Warren: I won't talk about it in any moving vehicle.

O: Do you believe that it's still following you around?

Warren: I think that anything could activate it. It has the Wisdom and the Cunning of the ages. So your faith must be very, very strong in what you are doing...Anyway, we got home. Ed took his briefcase down to his office, which is at the lowest level on our property. The bedrooms are at the highest level. I went to bed. I opened up that brown manila envelope I'd picked up at the post office, and there was a little book in there on Padre Pio. I thought that was interesting. I decided I'd read it to see what it had to say. Then I realized that two of my dogs, a Belgian Sheep dog, and a Border Collie, which were in the room with me, weren't acting right. They were acting like they were drugged. Or something. They were acting very strange. I tried to read the first paragraph. When your point of concentration is affected, you know that there is some force trying to reach out to you. To cause confusion. It's what they call diabolical confusion. I sat there, and I couldn't move. All I had to touch was a button that was right there, for security, and I could let my husband know that something was wrong. But I can't. I feel almost paralyzed. Then, the only sound I hear is a sound I can only compare to big sheets of sheet metal. Like somebody is shaking it. Then there was this cyclone of wind, and darkness, and energy. It felt like it was sucking everything into it. It came up from the lowest level, into the dinning room, into the living room. As it got into the doorway, there's this huge massive black thing. I called on my faith, made a big sign of the cross, and said, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I demand you to leave and come back where you came from." You can only do that with faith. Not words. Now, its seconds, not minutes, that my husband comes in. He lies down on the covers next to me, puts his hand on mine and says, "Honey, do you have any idea what just happened?" He was an extreme distance from where I was. And the same thing had happened. He had holy water on his desk. He threw it at it and made the sign of the cross in the air. That was only the beginging...

O: Has the house been cleared?

Warren: I've never been back to the house.

O: People are currently living in the house, right?

Warren: I'm not too sure of that, sir.

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: DANG TYPOS!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
And here is a link to the Warren's website that talks all about the Amityville house:

www.warrens.net...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

heres the youtube video of the Ghost Adventures episode where the brick flew. It happens around the last 5 minutes or so. It was actually the original documentry the ghost adventures did that got them the TV show. Go to youtube and search ghost adventures original doc.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Like I said earlier, I was part of the crew that did the renovation on the Amityville house, NOTHING happened to any of us, tolls didn't disappear, no one was attacked, no one told us to GET OUT, the haunting imvho, was bs, the house was falling apart, and was a money pit in repairs, so Lutz was trying to get out of the mortgage, saying the murders weren't disclosed. It was all a scam.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That would all work fine for me except...... 6 body bags came out of that house before the Lultz family moved in to endure what they claim to have gone through. There is no way to say those 6 murders under downright creepy circumstances, didn't happen or don't exist as a factor.

We can say they abandoned every physical possession they had in life by fleeing the house ...on the off chance they could sell a story and make it work, but I've never bought that. The 70's were not like today and Hard Copy or it's dozens of variations, weren't waiting to buy any idiotic story to pop out of someone. They took a HUGE risk if they were faking it ..and again.. a dead family rolled out of that house just prior to their experiences ..isn't fake. No question there.

I'm glad it was clean by the time you got into it ..but others seem to have felt a very distinct presence that was active before your contact ..and 6 people died from it, IMO. Almost...another family afterward to hear their telling of it.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

There was one show on Ghost Adventureswhere a brick flew across the room, and a pole fell the opposite way it should have.
This was one show that I think was real out of the many that were faked with this particular crew.
It totally freaked Zack out! You could tell from his reaction he wasn't acting. It scared the hell out of him.

And they showed everything in slow motion so you could see there were no strings rigged.

I tried to find the video, but there are too many to look through without knowing the title. Does anyone know the episode I'm talking about?

As another user posted before I got here, it was from the original documentary in Goldview Hotel (If memory serves correct) that that incident happened. As someone who has personally talked with the GAC before, I can assure you that what happened in that documentary was 100% true. There were no strings, no CGI, no blue-screen devices to take out after filming. It was just Zak, Nick, and their two cameras.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I watched the documentary and let me warn you it was a complete disappointment. It's all about Daniel Lutz who clearly has some serious ego issues, as the whole doco is about him and his "pain".. cut to snippets of his annoying metal guitar playing in his garage.. A stupid religious undertone.. the list goes on.

Thanks for the summary!

Now I know not to waste my time with that one!

edit on 2013-7-12 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join