It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt unrest: US to go ahead with F-16 jets delivery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Just succumb to the will of the Great Satan!

Wow, and to think that all this time I was thinking it was the will of presidents, congresses and supreme court justices. Who knew?

edit on 11-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Has anyone here spoken to anyone in Egypt who can verify for sure what exactly has been going on over there? I obviously don't trust the media.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
People need to look further back in mideast history.
No matter who is in charge or who hates who in Egypt, all guns eventually point towards Israel.
Those F-16's will be used eventually.

Six Days of War by Michael Oren would be a great place to start reading if you really want to understand the middle east military mindset.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
People need to look further back in mideast history.
No matter who is in charge or who hates who in Egypt, all guns eventually point towards Israel.
Those F-16's will be used eventually.

Six Days of War by Michael Oren would be a great place to start reading if you really want to understand the middle east military mindset.

There are safe guards without replacement parts within 2 yrs will be non operational one year if they fly them around to make hearts in the sky like i saw in another thread.And dont believe we cant hack into the avionics any time we want.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, now we can see why a Coup is not a Coup when political needs demand it's not. This was among the top political needs.

I wonder whose district benefits the most from the production of F-16's? Or are these ones coming off the Turkish production lines? Now I hope THAT isn't the case, since Turkey hacked and cracked the IFF to allow for engagement of Israeli warplanes. They promised not to give the hacked boxes out to other nations though, so of course I trust them completely.

What a mess. Just what the region needs ...more high tech weapons systems set to go with full offense capability.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

could be just US gov corporate profit also. F-16 is old and outdated at this point i dont think the US gov. care who has there hands on anymore. todays standards f-16's will fail vr f-22,f-23's Russia and China both have stuff to compete with todays standards. think even at one point we gave some f-16's to Cuba years back.

Sending arms is not the right answer for this position i do really feel. I happen to agree with the Afgan pres. The US needs to stand firm against any Al-Q And yes i put that muslim brotherhood in the same boat as AL-Q.

But i do see this is a making money move 500% if you had a fleet of worthless cars would you not try to sell them off?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It seems reasonable (to me at least) that we don't just willy nilly sell weapons to whoever we want. I may be wrong about that though, but I would think thaqt maybe our Gov. knowsw more than we do about who may come out of this thing on top and they are betting those individuals may need some f-16s. If it was me I wouldn't so much as send a quarter to the Middle East, (much less a sophisticated war machine) I think this is ridiculous. Its like STINGERS in Afghanistan. Major oversight!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, now we can see why a Coup is not a Coup when political needs demand it's not. This was among the top political needs.

I don't get this at all. Didn't the Muslim Brotherhood swear to destroy Israel? Which side is the U.S. government on?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I don't get this at all. Didn't the Muslim Brotherhood swear to destroy Israel? Which side is the U.S. government on?

Ironically, The Muslim Brotherhood's side.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I Am sick of this which is why I don't support selling any US weapon systems abroad not one.

Not even to your best buddy Israel?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What the hell is the administration thinking?

What?

It's bad enough we supported Mubarak, damn right disgusting of the US backing of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

More toys for wait for it of whoever comes out on top in Egypt. Ya know my dearly elected 'leaders' of the current US administration.

Please get your heads out of your collective rear ends, and stop arming EVERYONE in the ME.

I Am sick of this which is why I don't support selling any US weapon systems abroad not one.

Rather stupid to give people who have proven themselves to be out for only themselves kinda like the US is.

My Dear elected US government administration I am sorry that you all are under the delusions of you can buy 'friends'.

Yours truly an American with nothing but contempt for the current governments Lackadaisical foreign policy

Hell it's bad enough screwing up our own country stop with the stupid globalist agenda.

Best wish's Egyptians.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Do you even know what you are talking about?
For a start the Eygyption army forced Morsi out of office and has arrested 200 of his closest supporters.
Normal Eygyption people (the majority) want nothing to do with the Muslim brotherhood or Morsi. You know this right?

edit on 12-7-2013 by SKUNK2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I don't get this at all. Didn't the Muslim Brotherhood swear to destroy Israel?

Citation needed.
2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Watching the news and being situationally aware would be a citation for that one. You apparently missed the over-run and storming of the Israeli Embassy in Cairo by MB supporters and the street protests more frequently than can be called anything like uncommon or strange, calling for death to Israel.

The Muslim Brotherhood is well known allies to Hamas in Gaza. (You know, the ones firing live Missiles into Israeli towns on a regular basis?) SO much so that days ago, the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank had one of it's officials publicly state how nice it would be if Hamas was overthrown and forcefully removed from power in Gaza to follow their benefactors in Cairo.

You don't watch much, for all the questions you demand of people, huh? I mean some of this asked is ..well...down to whether you even pay attention to events??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by frazzle

Watching the news and being situationally aware would be a citation for that one. You apparently missed the over-run and storming of the Israeli Embassy in Cairo by MB supporters and the street protests more frequently than can be called anything like uncommon or strange, calling for death to Israel.

Last I heard the embassy is in Cairo, EGYPT, not Israel. The only source I can find claiming any death threats being made to Israel by MB was on the Blaze and I take anything they say on the subject with the entire salt mine.

Like the claims of Ahmadinijad threatening Israel, which was a screwed up translation of what he actually said.

The Muslim Brotherhood is well known allies to Hamas in Gaza. (You know, the ones firing live Missiles into Israeli towns on a regular basis?) SO much so that days ago, the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank had one of it's officials publicly state how nice it would be if Hamas was overthrown and forcefully removed from power in Gaza to follow their benefactors in Cairo.

You don't watch much, for all the questions you demand of people, huh? I mean some of this asked is ..well...down to whether you even pay attention to events??

Gaza is occupied territory. Ever expanding occupied territory. Hint: it is not occupied by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Live missiles into Israel? Has anyone been hit by them? Has any property been damaged? I've seen pictures of a skid mark on a deserted highway where one of these missiles landed. Besides, how do you know who's firing those apparently harmless missiles? You don't.

edit on 12-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

(sigh)

Like I said in a previous note on another thread..... It seems that for some people who love to argue, not debate, we are required to face every single thread, every single time as if we know absolutely nothing for factual basis or context outside the very strict terms of what has been said IN that thread or source article.

Well.. I don't live thread to thread in isolation and contextual information is critical. If you're not aware of how the Muslim Brotherhood has shown itself to be Anti-Israel then I really feel for your lack of awareness to current events in the world today. However, I'm not playing the game of restating the WHOLE TIMELINE of every event to have happened in that region of the world which MAY relate, just to support a secondary comment which shouldn't require it among news hounds and folks aware of world events in the first place.

I.E.... Other people's ignorance of current affairs isn't someone else's 5 alarm emergency to source and correct.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Please note that I was asking jigger for a citation, not you. You're the one who came in stomping and shouting that I don't need any citations because you know more than I do, which you have yet to prove.

And if you've looked around lately, the MB are not the only ones who have a problem with Israeli policies.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No they don't it's always about Isreal simple fact why any aid is going to the ME in the first place is all about OIL.

Nothing else as much as they don't want to admit that they just regurgitate radical Islamic talking points of the 2000+ year old version of the Hatfield's, and the Mccoy's blood feud.

Not one original thought they just parrot.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I didn't stomp anywhere...and replies aren't private unless you make it U2U. That might be the approach required if others commenting is something that offends you.

Now I'm well aware the Muslim Brotherhood isn't alone in wishing to see Israel wiped from world maps. However, we aren't talking about other nations in this thread. Just Egypt and the delivery of modern jet fighter/bombers into the hands of a Government still VERY much in flux and transition and MB "forces" still camping outside major Government centers while making their presence painfully well known across Cairo.

Into that mess...We toss in modern variants of the old stand-by F-16. Yeah... About as logical as giving a bunch of toddlers a revolver to play with. What could possibly go wrong here? .....another thread may work for all those other groups you refer to though.

* It could be...Obama is hoping the MB retake power and get these shiny new planes to fly when they get back. I wonder if that's crossed many minds? He's not as shallow a thinker as he comes across at times, IMO.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Just Egypt and the delivery of modern jet fighter/bombers into the hands of a Government still VERY much in flux and transition and MB "forces" still camping outside major Government centers while making their presence painfully well known across Cairo.

Well since I can't get a citation from anybody, I'll provide one ...

the military asserts its corporate autonomy by maintaining a “sense of organic unity and consciousness” that set itself apart from lay institutions. Military political autonomy, on the other hand, refers to the military’s aversion towards or even defiance of civilian control. While it is part of the state, the military often acts as if it were above and beyond the constitutional authority of the government. The degree of political autonomy is a measure of the military’s determination to strip civilians of their political prerogatives and claim these for itself. As the armed forces accumulate powers, they become increasingly protective of their gains. The more valuable and entrenched their interests are, the more vigorously they will resist the transfer of control over to democratically elected officials and state institutions.
arabist.net...

This is the real brotherhood of Egypt. This is who receives and controls the weaponry provided by the US and others. And if you're paying any attention at all, they use some of those weapons AGAINST the civilians, many of whom ARE Muslim Brotherhood.

The military of the US attacking Christian civilians wouldn't go over very well here, but its A-Okay over there just because we're so terrified of the name. What about the brotherhood of police? You're more likely to be killed by one of them than a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
star,totally agree with you here Neo,we need to stop sending weapons into these unstable countries I really don't understand the rationale but then again none of this is suprising after all there is money and influence to be made.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is some 'rationale' as dumbfounding as it is:

For instance, Vali Nasr, who served as senior adviser to Richard Holbrooke when he was ambassador to Pakistan and Afghanistan, said this of Obama’s Afghan policies: “Their primary concern was how any action in Afghanistan or the Middle East would play on the nightly news, or which talking point it would give the Republicans. The Obama administration’s reputation for competence on foreign policy has less to do with its accomplishments in Afghanistan or the Middle East than with how U.S. actions in that region have been reshaped to accommodate partisan political concerns.”

hotair.com...

US foreign policy is 'shaped' by:

American Politics!!!

What the hell.

The asinine become more asinine by the minute enough with putting politics over foreign policy, and the people of this country, and those in others.

Oh geez.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join