It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt unrest: US to go ahead with F-16 jets delivery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Egypt unrest: US to go ahead with F-16 jets delivery

www.bbc.co.uk

The US is going ahead with plans to deliver four F-16 fighter jets to Egypt despite the political unrest in the country, senior American officials say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What the hell is the administration thinking?

What?

It's bad enough we supported Mubarak, damn right disgusting of the US backing of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

More toys for wait for it of whoever comes out on top in Egypt. Ya know my dearly elected 'leaders' of the current US administration.

Please get your heads out of your collective rear ends, and stop arming EVERYONE in the ME.

I Am sick of this which is why I don't support selling any US weapon systems abroad not one.

Rather stupid to give people who have proven themselves to be out for only themselves kinda like the US is.

My Dear elected US government administration I am sorry that you all are under the delusions of you can buy 'friends'.

Yours truly an American with nothing but contempt for the current governments Lackadaisical foreign policy

Hell it's bad enough screwing up our own country stop with the stupid globalist agenda.

Best wish's Egyptians.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Disarm your people who would protect your homeland and family if need be, arm the people who couldn't care less about you, your homeland, and your family. It's obvious this isn't our government, and they aren't our people.
edit on 11-7-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, now we can see why a Coup is not a Coup when political needs demand it's not. This was among the top political needs.

I wonder whose district benefits the most from the production of F-16's? Or are these ones coming off the Turkish production lines? Now I hope THAT isn't the case, since Turkey hacked and cracked the IFF to allow for engagement of Israeli warplanes. They promised not to give the hacked boxes out to other nations though, so of course I trust them completely.

What a mess. Just what the region needs ...more high tech weapons systems set to go with full offense capability.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Meh, whats new? The obama also agreed to give weapons to the Syrian " freedom" fighters.

The big question remains... In who's hands will these fighters fall. At this moment there is no legal government. ( Its better then the old, but technically not an elected one ).

I have a gut feeling these will end up in pro-morsi hands.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

More toys for wait for it of whoever comes out on top in Egypt. Ya know my dearly elected 'leaders' of the current US administration.

The military will come out on top, they've been kept on top for 60 years by their arms supplies (US and friends) and Morsi was a threat to their power.

The Egyptian Military is the Problem, Not the Solution

www.policymic.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Believe it or not, but at this point the military& are the only sane people there. So far they have been really smart in their actions.

But one most not forget they aided the Muslim brotherhood long enough.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by frazzle

Believe it or not, but at this point the military& are the only sane people there. So far they have been really smart in their actions.

But one most not forget they aided the Muslim brotherhood long enough.

There are also other signs which indicate that Morsi may be trying to reassert Egypt´s role as regional power and greater independence from Washington. Morsi´s ambitions to have Egypt become the “E” in something that could become the BRICS+E was one indication. Prior to his visit to India, Morsi also stated, that Egypt is planning to increase its relations with eastern and Asian countries.

Today´s rejection of the IMF´s loan, following talks with the Russian President in Sochi, are lending additional credibility to those who are arguing for an Egyptian realignment to the middle, and the recent signals from the BRICS, that it will create a BRICS development bank, are indicative of that Morsi may have substance behind the possible dream of a course change.
nsnbc.me...

Get back in the IMF box you infidels, our world debt based currency is GOD.

I'm sure there are people who'd like to see a military takeover of the US, too.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Not saying this is the case with you but some ATS members must be very fickle sometimes. First off, a couple of years ago many here were saying that the Egyptian military were the good guys for helping boot the then [American Puppet] Egyptian President Mubarak, Then they were the good guys once again to stand up to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Now they are the bad guys for crushing the protests.

I wish some here would make up their minds already

I'm getting sea sick with all this waffling.

Meh.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Any more waffles and ATS can put IHOP out of business.

To my good friend, the OP; Who benefits? Why is Obama doing this? What is his motivation?

I haven't an effing clue, personally. But there must be reason with this madness.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To my good friend, the OP; Who benefits? Why is Obama doing this? What is his motivation?

No clue to create problems down the road for the next administration is my guess always kickin the can down the road instead of . Hey stop all aid and let them sort their own issues out.

Motivation?

He is a narcissitic sociopath create problems so he can offer solutions and the masses adore him for it.

Or

He just can't admit he is completely out of his league when dealing with foreign affairs.

Either or both.
edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Not saying this is the case with you but some ATS members must be very fickle sometimes. First off, a couple of years ago many here were saying that the Egyptian military were the good guys for helping boot the then [American Puppet] Egyptian President Mubarak, Then they were the good guys once again to stand up to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, Now they are the bad guys for crushing the protests.

I wish some here would make up their minds already

I'm getting sea sick with all this waffling.

Meh.

At least Mubarak was charged with something ~ corruption. www.alarabiya.net...

Morsi has been charged with "insulting the judiciary" and jailed along with two or three hundred of his supporters who have not been charged with any crime at all that I can discover.
news.nationalpost.com...

As in the link I posted earlier, Morsi was apparently mainly guilty of trying to get out from under the US big guv thumb. Big difference. And heck, there are a lot of people right here in the US trying to figure out how to do that!!!

What really amazes me is how many people around here tout democratic elections but are cheering the arrest and jailing of a democratically elected leader who has not been charged with any crime or offense against the people who elected him.

OTOH, I'd say there are more than a few government officials right here in the US who deserve to be detained, charged with a variety of crimes and tried in a court of law. So where is US law enforcement? The Justice Department? The Military? Anyone? Crickets.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here is my take on things happening in Egypt right now:

The truth is the Egyptian Military know who puts the bread on their butter.....and that is the USA.

Egypt, with the Suez Canal and the SUMED pipeline have MASSIVE implications in the oil trade and TPTB MUST HAVE CONTROL of that resource. The Egyptian military is not for the people, they are looking out for themselves and their masters.

Just take a look at the past leaders of Egypt, they have been US puppets. Like Hosni Mubarak (who supported the Gulf War) - they got billions in US aid. You can draw implications between him and Saddam, once the puppet starts to disobey his masters (like when he refused to get drawn into the second Iraq War) it is time for a regime change. Hence the protests of 2011 - the US government used the peoples anger at Mubarak to push in a new leader, one who would follow the orders given to them. Do you not notice that the military is ALWAYS involved in the political process, did you notice that Hillary was very involved when Morsi was elected?

So what was the price the Muslim Brotherhood was willing to pay to be put in power? The answer imo is Syria. We all know that the US wants to invade Syria and get Iran drawn into the conflict. Once that happens the war with Iran can start and then the US controls the Straits of Hormuz = control of two of the most vital choke points of oil.

But the problem is the people of Egypt are tired of the tyranny. They see the puppet strings and they don't want any of that......now Morsi is out (again with the Egyptian military) and who is the intern President now - Mohamed Elbaradei...the man who was pushing Egypt to take IMF loans. Those loans pretty well sign over your sovereignty to the globalists (just look at Greece).

So of course the US is going to keep on funding the Egyptian Military, they are the enforcers of US policy in Egypt.
edit on 11-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Excellent post.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Funny.

So when is the US the standard bearer of Justice ?

I thought EVERYONE hated America, regardless if it does the right or wrong thing?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The level of hypocrisy, the lack of respect for procedures and rule of law in the USA is abysmal. I do not know how anyone on the US government can walk the streets or even look at a mirror. One thing is certain most of them are smiling all the way to the bank...
edit on 11-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So when is the US the standard bearer of Justice ?

thinking ..... thinking .... thinking.

Huh, I'm stumped.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I personally don't hate the US at all, I used to go there on vacation every year. It is the rot, the globalist slime that has invaded almost every aspect of your government that I don't like.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by sonnny1

I personally don't hate the US at all, I used to go there on vacation every year. It is the rot, the globalist slime that has invaded almost every aspect of your government that I don't like.

Seems Like EVERY Government has its share of those.......

Still, There are those that do Hate America outright.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

thinking ..... thinking .... thinking.

Huh, I'm stumped.

Don't Be.

Just succumb to the will of the Great Satan!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join