It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noodler bitten by CottonMouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Graphic video of bite on finger, hemorrhagic bullae. Antivenom worked.

5newsonline.com...

Destry Mitchell, 20, says he was enjoying a day in the sun, noodling with friends behind a cove on McGee Creek Lake.

“There was a rock sticking up out of the middle of the water, so I put my hand on it to move around it,” he said. “And there was a snake, I guess, right behind the rock and, I guess, he saw my finger and he looked at that finger and just latched onto it.”

After pulling the snake off, Mitchell alerted his friends and drove to the hospital. Thanks to 14 vials of anti-venom, Mitchell is alive and well with his limbs intact.

edit on 11-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

I guess that's what happens when you put your hands and arms in the water and not knowing what animals are in the water. Let me put my hands in a beehive and noodle for some honey. OMG! They're stinging me! Ouch! I just wanted some honey. haha.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Most noodlers build up an immunity to cotton mouth venom from being bitten so many times, at least in my area. One of the hazards of the hobby I'm afraid. They're hard to see and get ticked off pretty easy, they will sometimes even attack when you pose absolutely no threat to them. I hate freakin' poisonous snakes!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Someone want to explain what noodling is? To me, it sounds like the act of doing perverse things with traditional chinese foodstuffs, so I am pretty confused at this point.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

In the face of this tragic event, remember 911. Put on your bravest face and stick your hand in another hole. If we stop noodling the cottonmouths win.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

HAHA it is fishing for catfish using your hand while they are trapped in an area. They attack your hand and you wrestle them out of the water.

must not be many catfish across that pond everyone keeps talking about.

or we Americans are just nuts. whatever floats your boat.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

You are so right!
If we let the cottonmouths win we don't deserve our freedom!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

AH! I SEE!

We do have catfish here in Britian, but most fishing here is done via a line or a net.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yeah it's not the safest bet you can make in the water. People have died trying without getting bitten by snakes. I have seen catfish that weigh over 100 pounds(45 kilos
) myself.

I prefer catching largemouth bass myself with rod and reel of course

top topics

join