It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida braces for possible race riots after Zimmerman trial - RT

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by firemonkey

Maybe someone should get some footage from Chicago - it's the weekend - they don't even need no stinking excuse like Trayvon to kill eachother on the weekend.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com... well as posted in another thread cnn posted his social address and what not on live tv......he is gonna get a bunch of money out of them at least for this BS

Officer Doris Singleton was testifying when the prosecutors showed a narrative report including Zimmerman’s information. That immediately launched a round of tweets by Zimmerman haters celebrating knowledge of that information. This is hardly the first time Zimmerman’s personal information has been distributed by those who oppose him. During the initial coverage of the Zimmerman trial, Spike Lee retweeted the home address of what he thought was Zimmerman’s home address. It turned out to be the wrong address. Roseanne Barr then tweeted Zimmerman’s parents’ home address. “If Zimmerman isn't arrested I'll rt his address again. maybe go 2 his house myself,” Barr tweeted.
funny would not think rosanne would care about this kind of thing but then again shes about as nutty as squirrel poo

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thank god at least 6 women were not brainwashed by the media and social media and came to a decent decision and justice was able to be served.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

If riots didn't happen immediately, I doubt they will happen on a large scale.

picture this headline: ZIMMERMAN KILLED BY MOB

it would only take a small group to kill zimmerman, and thus cement this as a black vs. white battle. i'd say you're correct in your supposition, but a new event, like zimmerman being murdered, is all it would take to bring this back to the forefront of everyone's minds and make riots a real possibility.

i really hope this isn't the case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well this is good news people didn’t buy into the race war lets riot crap.

I will go unload and put my rifles back into the gun safe then go to bed.

Just my normal 1911 beside my bed as usual. Nite all.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If Riots do commence... then it is a sad day for US society.....

Another thing... why are we protesting (maybe rioting) about a court case? Shouldn't we be doing so towards our corrupt government?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Shouldn't we be doing so towards our corrupt government?

Now theres the kicker

Hmmmm with all the meddling the Goverment has done in the case makes you wonder if they are trying to mis direct the public anger.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Shouldn't we be doing so towards our corrupt government?

Now theres the kicker

Hmmmm with all the meddling the Goverment has done in the case makes you wonder if they are trying to mis direct the public anger.

NAAAAHHH. Intentional misdirection? Divide and conquer? You must be one of them thar conspiracy nuts. You going to tell me that Oswald didn't act alone, Elements of the U.S government didn't foresee 9/11 before it happened, and the sky is blue while you're at it?

Syria, Egypt, Banker bailouts (We forgot about that one already didn't we?), Trayvon, Nevermind what the left hand is doing

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Another thing... why are we protesting (maybe rioting) about a court case? Shouldn't we be doing so towards our corrupt government?

Essentially any protest about the case would be a protest toward the government. I think most people perfectly understand the court case and why the jury couldn't find Zimmerman guilty of anything... Florida's Stand Your Ground Law. He'd have been convicted of Manslaughter in any other State that didn't have such a law. There will probably be more protests today and over the next few days.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The protestors forget ... not all tragedies are crimes.

The protestors exercised their first amendment rights and protested ... they got rained on ... they went home. Let's hope they just stay there and learn that you can't throw someone in jail simply because you are emotional and want someone in jail. That's mob rule.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What is all this protesting going to accomplish? Is it going to bring this boy back? Somehow I doubt it.

Moving beyond this is what's needed...forgiveness even. Though it's not our place to forgive...that is solely the province of the family.

By forgiveness I don't mean forgetting. A person died. Another had his life destroyed. A family has a void in it now that can never be filled. That shouldn't be forgotten. But forgiven? Maybe that's possible.

What these protesters should do is go home. Leave the family to heal, if that's possible... I got the impression that the parents are very religious/spiritual...perhaps they will be able to find it within themselves to forgive.

If they do, should we not do the same? We didn't lose a son.

The parents have called for no violence. So no one has a leg to stand on to claim Martin as a cause for riot, or protest...

If you want this tragedy to stand for something, for something good to come out of it; work to make it never happen again... ...and riots will not accomplish that.

I guess we'll see, won't we?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is just a sad case to begin with, but I certainly think the race issue is blown way out of proportion. I know some people locally who are really emotionally attached to the verdict and are blowing up their fb's with crazy racist comments themselves. This is a mildly important case, but there are much much bigger issues at hand, we should try to keep things in perspective as we move forward.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I think the Prosecutor couldn't even pull a manslaughter charge off (which I think may well have applied here in the end) because the prosecutor became her own worst enemy. Her own top staff were among the witnesses testifying to exculpatory evidence being withheld from the court and the defense team.

If they'd had a competent prosecutor, I think he would have gotten something. At least a minimal manslaughter with time served. SOMETHING. I still think a mix of blame fit here and no 100% to either side in the final analysis. Not that it matters now though...it's over and he's free. Right or Wrong, the system worked through to the end and the end is what it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

it would only take a small group to kill zimmerman, and thus cement this as a black vs. white battle.

I'd sincerely hope people would recall a little detail the media seems to overlook or just cannot comprehend with any level of retention....

Zimmerman IS NOT A WHITE MAN.

Sorry.. had to get that out. The number of people in the media who gloss over that as if it's irrelevant is awesome to see. No one outright lies, I notice. No one calls him white. They just don't clarify it in enough examples to let people assume what they want to assume without correction.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If Riots do commence... then it is a sad day for US society.....

The fact that there were no riots give me hope, I didn't think there was going to be much to this riot fear mongering, not that the MSM and the Obama administration did do their darnedest to start it.

How the Press Prosecuted Zimmerman While Stoking Racial Tensions
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I hope he sues the media , aswell as other people, and buys a million dollar beach house on the outer banks and names it "SAND your ground."

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol. The Obama admin was all up in this case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think people are distorting this thread, there is another for the discussion of the trial and the result, this one is supposed to be about the likelihood of protests and riots after the result.

And as such, I saw mention on Twitter that there are protests planned across NY today, anyone have any more info on that? I only saw it a couple of times, but there were no links to any pages to show that this is actually planned.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If he became the president he would be the first hispanic president! Yay!
If he does something bad/kills a black teen in self defense? White bastard!

It's sad but true, and errybody know it.

I saw protestors last night say if cops didn't exist Trayvon would be alive (I didn't understand), and I heard zimmerman was a white nationalis pushing white policy. Where does that even come from?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Maybe someone should get some footage from Chicago - it's the weekend - they don't even need no stinking excuse like Trayvon to kill eachother on the weekend.

I didn't realize all gangs in Chicago were ethnically black?..
Carry on with the racist undertones.. Giterdun!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join