Report: Saudi Arabia points missiles at Israel and Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
First thing that popped in my head was "game of oils"

Personally, I fear Saudi Arabia alot more then Iran/china/Israel/NK. They move in the shadows, They have an empire to rule, and all those tensions between Iran and Israel only serves them. Any unrest in the middle east drives up the price for oil.

And like you said, you don't need an army nor weapons if you have money to buy a foreign army. And even tho they posses oil they know that their empire is lead by a resource "soon" to be depleted.

I agree with the game...and the player in shadows. When you think 15 out of 19 of the 911 hijackers were Saudis, what does that say?
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage When you think 15 out of 19 of the 911 hijackers were Saudis, what does that say?

Not really all that surprising considering Bin Laden came from Saudi Arabia and the reason he set up Al Queda in the first place was because he hated the US military on Saudi soil during the first Gulf War.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Not to mention the Saudi Boston connection

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Saudi Arabia and Israel are like sisters. saudi radical wahhabi regime never attacked israel and probably never will.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I found the missile launch pads on Google Maps.

...and did an (albiet) unscientific check on their analysis by grabbing a screen cap of the lines on the pads and applying them to a zoomed-out pic of the region, originating from the location of pads.

The markings on the launch pads indicated the missiles were pointed in the direction of Tel Aviv and Tehran.

Not so much.

They don't appear to be pointed directly at any strategic targets in Iran or Israel (although, I am no expert)

I'm wondering if they can really tell where they are pointed or if the story is some sort of propaganda.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Saudi Arabia shares a very close and special relationship to the US, very similar in fact to the very close relationship the US shares with Israel.

I think the above point would agree with your position Wrabbit, that this is merely a relatively benign statement directed at the increasing tensions in the region

Yes, it's also a very healthy dose of wishful thinking on my part. That special relationship has meant The Kingdom has gotten front line military equipment as close to full 100% U.S. standards as I think any ally gets. At least that's been my understanding and seems to show with things like AWACS planes being sold to them. It would be a real ugly thing to see Saudi openly commit to open war with live weapons firing for all they can throw. Indeed, they are like the major movers in the shadows. Rarely seen but never still. Always moving.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Arab monarchies have a lot of internal problems. just think about the Saudi Arabia. one over 80 years old king and 80 princes who are thirsty for power. people are protesting and they are suppressed in many of those countries. what media do not cover them completely.
Saddam was a representation of GCC who attacked Iran so they have tested a military conflict. it is usefulness. Israel will not attack his big friend.
and Iran is not so stupid to start a war with the half of the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I remember reading ages agop about how a Saudi prince secured nukes for Saudi Arabia from Pakistan.

In all honesty, its a win win for the USA.....

Saudi's take out Israel and Iran, the enemy from outside and the enemy within the US are both taken out of the game at once.

Mid east is then carved up between Saudi and USA interests including all oil facilities.

The oppsing Arabs clans (unsure which one Saudi is, shiite or sunni), will get massacred.

Oil will continue to flow.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well even if you do not take the 9/11 story as told it clearly demonstrates that ballistic missiles is no longer a way to go unless you have lots of them and advanced nuclear warheads. Now look on who controls the US docks, or even the nationality of those passports found in 9/11 or who got permission to fly during the lock down. Worried now ?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Not too surprised. None of the parties involved really like each other. It's a Middle Eastern version of this on a national scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Good, good, finally a true neutral party in the middle east. Where is Jimmy Carter on this. This is truly bipartisan.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hey Wrabbit, S&F for your usual good posting subject matter. I would suspect with Ramadan coming up, that if Saudi Arabia were to have missiles targeted at Iran, it would be politically expedient to have them also target Israel.

But I think that the 'Jane's Intelligence Review Analyst' they cite is unfamiliar with Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missiles and how they work, or to detect whether or not they are "pointed" in any way shape or form.

First the Dongfeng 3 Improved Variant I, which was sold as an upgrade to Saudi Arabia launches with an accelerating thrust of 96 tonnes on a wide footprint and 64,000 kg body weight with imprecisely guided thrust vanes, which would more than break the longitudinal stressbeam of the missile were it to be fired along anything other than a precise gravitational axis (pointing straight up into the air). Were the missile tilted or 'pointed' on a lorry and then fired it would simply break apart during the primary thrust.

These photos are of launch pad enabled variant of the missile system, which must 1) be fueled in anticipation of the launch event because the Unsymmetrical Dimethyl Hydrazine (UDMH) fuel and AK-27 oxidiser (nitric acid with 27% nitrogen tetroxide) would easily compromise the lattice bravais of even the most corrosion resistant tantalum, zirconium or chrome fuel tank liner, were it to be stored over a long period of time. In addition the launch codes, waypoints and inertial guidance data have to be loaded along with the warhead at the same time as it would ostensibly be fueled.

That is why 2) there are two darkened tarmac approaches to the missile on the pad, one for the fuel assembly truck and another for the warhead and coding. So that both can be accomplished simultaneously inside a 2 hour window or maybe less if necessary. These dark approaches to the missile have nothing to do with the missile 'pointing' in any way shape for form. The inertial guidance ladder logic, and then the vanes in the efflux nozzles of the YF-2(I) engines is what determines the 'pointing.' One cannot tell this by satellite photo.

So this clock looking arrangement, is simply a set of two tarmac accesses to the vertical launch point on the pad.
The black lines pointing 310 T and 010 T have nothing to do with the intended target (that is all contained in the unseen inertial guidance system settings).

edit on 12-7-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My thoughts; Tho not quite politically correct are...

There are enough of these:

To kill everyone of these:

The Kingdom needs to fall; Will it be genocide or will we let the peasants fight it out for themselves?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi ya Wrabbit. How the heck are you?! I thought those 2 antagonists always DID have their missiles pointed already at each other? No?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by abeverage

Not to mention the Saudi Boston connection

The only connection was that there was a Saudi national in the vicinity of the bombs and that he got injured when they went off. Not much of a connection in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The ruling (supercorrupt) bloodline in Saudi Arabia is called Wahabi, not shia or sunni. They have caused a constant conflict between sunnis and shias for over a hundred years now. With over 5000 princes that lives on the state like leeches and throws away Bugattis on the streets of london like were they child toys, these parasites will probably cause a coming war between Iran and Israel.

edit on 12-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well the Sauds hate the Iranians so that's not puzzling. And the Sauds hate the Israeli's so that's not puzzling either. Im not sure what is so weird about all this? Saudi Arabia just taking note of two of their bitter enemies that's all. It has long been speculated and reported (google) that Saudi Arabia already has nukes (purchased from Pakistan) ready to place on their missiles. They are a defacto nuclear power.

Just this week The Sauds along with UAE just pumped billions of dollars to Egypt much to the disdain of Iran.

Originally posted by Wookiep
Well, I don't get it. Pointing missiles at Israel AND Iran?
huh.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

30 year old unguided rockets? If i were Iran or Israel, i wouldnt worry much about them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For whomever asked. Saudi Arabia is mostly Sunni. Some of the Kings main advisors are Christian but the majority is Sunni.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

You DO realize the Wahhabi sect is a part of the Sunni side of the Islamic Faith right?

You talk as if the Wahhabi sect is somehow removed and third party to Sunni Faith when it's a very deep and intregal part of it, depending on which nation for how much control that sect has achieved.

Of course, for some, the Sunni/Shia war is a non-issue or secondary factor. I can understand why people see it that way too. The media gives it no more attention than a mugging on a NY street. However, it's what drove much of this fighting LONG LONG before we got there. It's what will drive the fighting long after we leave.

The dark green is Shia and it's a very lonely world to be Shia outside of Iran. We're watching a Genocide that's been in progress for a very long time now. We're on the wrong side of it and being played for fools and tools by the Sunni sects that want more than anything this planet or Allah could offer, to see the last Shia wiped from this Earth forever. The hate has been something that's never ceased to amaze me in talking to both Shia and Sunni Muslims at various times over this.

Like the Catholic and Protestant issues in Northern Ireland. That's never the ONLY issue, and it isn't in either place here...but it's the underlying one and makes little sense to me for killing masses of people over ...but then, I'm not Sunni and I wouldn't understand on the level they live it.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join