Report: Saudi Arabia points missiles at Israel and Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well this is an attention grabber, isn't it? Israel would have quite a headache if a war with Iran opened and missiles starting rolling in from multiple, totally independent directions like this.

I think Iran half expects this anyway, for their part. They do have a long and established feud with Saudi along the Sunni/Shia lines.

New evidence unearthed by satellite photography points to Saudi Arabia targeting Israel and Iran with ballistic missiles. Experts at IHS Jane's Intelligence Review who viewed photos saw a surface-to-surface missile base at al-Watah, around 125 miles southwest of the Saudi capital, Riyadh. The launch pads, which are placed on lorries, carry DF 3 missiles that can reach 1,500-2,500 miles with a two-ton payload.

People don't talk about Saudi much as a military power ...but if they chose to directly get involved? They are no slouches for systems like this. I've heard little to nothing good about their training and readiness among ground forces, but they have the money to buy any system on Earth in whatever quantity they could ever desire...so it's something to consider. These are old enough to be obvious tho...

The missiles, which were made by the Chinese in the 1980’s are not remotely guided so they must be set ahead of time in the direction in which they will be fired.

The IHS Jane's article stated, "One appears to be aligned on a bearing of approximately 301 degrees and suggesting a potential Israeli target, and the other is oriented along an azimuth (bearing) of approximately 10 degrees, ostensibly situated to target Iranian locations.”
Source

In fact, this is SO obvious, it makes me wonder if it's more a message and statement than any intention of firing these antiques at modern nations? I have a feeling that for the museum pieces they have on fixed, physically aimed launchers....they have quite a bit more and far more modern in other places to join the salvo, IF it ever came to that.

Thoughts?

edit on 11-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First thing that popped in my head was "game of oils"

Personally, I fear Saudi Arabia alot more then Iran/china/Israel/NK. They move in the shadows, They have an empire to rule, and all those tensions between Iran and Israel only serves them. Any unrest in the middle east drives up the price for oil.

And like you said, you don't need an army nor weapons if you have money to buy a foreign army. And even tho they posses oil they know that their empire is lead by a resource "soon" to be depleted.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry but did you forget to post the source or did I miss it by any chance ?

Thanx

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Saudi Arabia shares a very close and special relationship to the US, very similar in fact to the very close relationship the US shares with Israel.

I think the above point would agree with your position Wrabbit, that this is merely a relatively benign statement directed at the increasing tensions in the region.

I think this would be common practice for nations in this region of the world, where so many seem to be at each others throats.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, I don't get it. Pointing missiles at Israel AND Iran?
huh.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I do believe it's something to do with Israel having Riyadh as a target in the Samson Option

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Goodness... My bad. (holds paw out to slap)

The source is now listed. It's not my favorite ...but this isn't subjective either. Satellite photos on manually/physically aimed launch points is something a site can't spin much, eh?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Well, I don't get it. Pointing missiles at Israel AND Iran?
huh.

A way of telling both countries, that they better behave, or else they're both toast?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here have a look,

It been predicted in a dream of one of our own, slight details are different

I think Saudi should be loading their nukes(:puz
onto planes headed for New York according to this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm thinking that this is a situation that Saudi Arabia, specifically the Royal family, cannot afford to waste.

#1. Saudi Arabia is in between two possibly soon to be warring factions, that can't bode well for them.

#2. It can be used as a unifier/distraction to prevent another Arab Spring.

Time will tell.
edit on 11-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Yeah... about that... It's something I rarely mention myself and even more rarely see mentioned by others ...but there are some very serious rumors and have been for better than 15 years about Saudi research facilities out where nothing ought to be in their endless expanse of desert. I've heard direct rumors about their having developed weapons themselves and just sitting on them as it's not their desire to be a public spectacle about it.

I do hope that's all wrong. Many nations are making calculations based on intelligence assumptions ..and as World War I showed, bad assumptions can sometimes be all that's required to plod right into catastrophe.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Here have a look,

What exactly has been predicted?

Saudi Arabia is no friend of either Israel or Iran........ so it makes sense that it would set up defensive measures against both countries should any Israel/Iran conflict spill over into their territories.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

well the USA is safe for now The Distance between New York City (New York,The Bronx,US) and Riyadh (,Saudi Arabia) [Airport] is :
10512.12 kilometers (km).

In Other Units:
6531.93 miles.
5672.33 nautical miles. from the link of distancecalculator.globefeed.com... blows an other thread to heck and back US is nuked by Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Would love to see some more info on that. Care to share some links

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Here have a look,

What exactly has been predicted?

Saudi Arabia is no friend of either Israel or Iran........ so it makes sense that it would set up defensive measures against both countries should any Israel/Iran conflict spill over into their territories.

Just click the link and have a look

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yeah... about that... It's something I rarely mention myself and even more rarely see mentioned by others ...but there are some very serious rumors and have been for better than 15 years about Saudi research facilities out where nothing ought to be in their endless expanse of desert. I've heard direct rumors about their having developed weapons themselves and just sitting on them as it's not their desire to be a public spectacle about it.

I do hope that's all wrong. Many nations are making calculations based on intelligence assumptions ..and as World War I showed, bad assumptions can sometimes be all that's required to plod right into catastrophe.

Shhhh,

Developed?

Too many rumors, all intended as informative to instill fear in the bottom of the pyramid

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Just click the link and have a look

I already know about this nonsense prediction (I already posted my thoughts on it)

What I am asking is how is this dream "predicting that" Saudia Arabia is pointing missiles at Iran and Israel?

the 2 threads have minimal linkage.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

now to pull that off the Sat's would need to be off line , a dozen 747's or such class would need to be used, the flight would have to be non stop, and the radar off in NYC and the eastern sea board. if it does happen then one would have the proof once and for all US did it to them selves.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The GCC was ceated to deal with Iran back when Iran was threatening to invade the smaller Gulf States, trying to bomb Kuwaits oil fields, attempted coups, terror attacks etc. Iran is seen as the primary threat to the Saudis and the other Gulf states. This is why they buy all the new fancy weapons. Israel is of course a traditional enemy but, they count on the US to keep them in check. The Saudi Air Force is well trained and well equiped and is the best part of what the Saudis have to offer. While the Saudi Army has modern equiment they leave a great deal to be desired on the training and motivation fronts. Anyone who has worked with them can tell you they are not a force to be counted on. Isreal would wipe the floor with them. However when it comes to dealing with Iran Israel and the Saudis have very behind the scenes relashionship on dealing with them. If a war were to occure with Iran the Saudis and Gulf states along with the West would be in the front lines with covert support from Israel.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

now to pull that off the Sat's would need to be off line , a dozen 747's or such class would need to be used, the flight would have to be non stop, and the radar off in NYC and the eastern sea board. if it does happen then one would have the proof once and for all US did it to them selves.

More to the point.........why would they attack the US in the first place .........its military ally and biggest oil customer who just happen to have the largest nuclear arsenal on Earth!
Like I said Saudi Arabia (or "Southern" Arabia as the poster alludes to) is no friend to either Israel or Iran........it's hardly likely to attack America on account of their 2 non friends of nations going into war against each other.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join