It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US diplomats cry foul as Obama donors take over top embassy jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Barack Obama has rewarded some of his most active campaign donors with plum jobs in foreign embassies, with the average amount raised by recent or imminent appointees soaring to $1.8m per post, according to a Guardian analysis.

The practice is hardly a new feature of US politics, but career diplomats in Washington are increasingly alarmed at how it has grown. One former ambassador described it as the selling of public office.

State Department veterans say motivations vary among political donors. "Some go to pleasant islands where the climate and residence are delightful, others just want the title, like British people lust after peerages," said AFSA's Johnson.

"People think: gee, I really want to call myself ambassador, so I can go buy myself one. Others are perceived to want to just meet people, broaden their contacts of future business contacts people who can help them in their day job."

the Guardian

Hmmm...I think the complete and utter corruption of the White House, the Congress and Senate has now reached such levels that I can´t smell the stench anymore. I am immune!!!

I have truly stopped being afraid and learned to love the big machine and its evil overlord Warbama

His great wife, and first lady tells me that my children should stop eating ordinary food and instead eat yoghurt.

Well Marie Antoinette told the french ppl to eat cake when they were starving. In the meantime she was enjoying the lush gardens of the Versailles, the great expensive banquettes and so on....

I realize now they were reborn in this funny pair, replaying the whole scenario on the expense of the US sheeple.

What do I care. I am a happy citizen. I am now officially an Obamabot. Obedient, compliant, and devoid of any dreams of a better tomorrow.

edit on 11-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Absolutely nothing new and practicly policy for US Presidents.

Hard to care in the context of larger issues like NSA.

link   
Yes, american citizen. You have Mr Obama right where you want him. Behind you with his pants down.

And yet, the American dream lives on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Just re-affirms that politicians and by extension, politics is bought, sold and paid for. Democracy is up to the highest bidder.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I too have become a roboma. I used to wish for a better tomorrow and think it was possible to stage a mass protest to get them out. Those days have passed and i now believe we are headed for a new world slavery. Sad days ahead for us.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Usually second term Presidents are nothing but dictators with citizens money to waste and abuse in order to give gifts to those that has been faithful to the rule.

Americas government is not except of the corruption of countries that are run by dictators, the elite takes care of themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Usually second term Presidents are nothing but dictators with citizens money to waste and abuse in order to give gifts to those that has been faithful to the rule.

Americas government is not except of the corruption of countries that are run by dictators, the elite takes care of themselves.

It seems any attempt by the spirit of democracy to humiliate the arrogant in this country, has once again failed miserably.

Perhaps we should start switching those stars on our Flag to bananas instead? What say ye?

edit on 11-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Lord forbid I should ever become President! There will be kegs and a crawfish boiler on the front lawn of the White House, a mud pit for "grubbing" where the rose garden used to be, and all foreign ambassadors will be rednecks with beer bellies- and they will all be constantly armed with double barreled shotguns and have "diplomat immunity". Look out world!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Lord forbid I should ever become President! There will be kegs and a crawfish boiler on the front lawn of the White House, a mud pit for "grubbing" where the rose garden used to be, and all foreign ambassadors will be rednecks with beer bellies- and they will all be constantly armed with double barreled shotguns and have "diplomat immunity". Look out world!

Why am I thinking of John Goodman when I read your nice reply.. Star for you friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So diplomats that bought their way into their job are now complaining because someone is taking their job like they did to someone else. So sad. America doesn't need career diplomats just like we don't need career politicians after two terms they should be booted out of office.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This has always been the way of things. And Ambassador speaks for you so of course you want loyal people. Only in cases where nobody wants to go do you find real diplomats as Ambassadors.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This has always been the way of things. And Ambassador speaks for you so of course you want loyal people. Only in cases where nobody wants to go do you find real diplomats as Ambassadors.

Critical posts go to the qualified as needed...Posts given away are usually cush...non work jobs.

the first example this article cited?

the White House put him forward as the next representative to the Court of St James's,

My beef is why the eff do we need an ambassador at all to "The Court of St. James"...I get tradition...but puhleese...I don't think the Queen of England needs her own US ambassador anymore!
edit on 11-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Yes, american citizen. You have Mr Obama right where you want him. Behind you with his pants down.

And yet, the American dream lives on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sometimes it seems that is many what many American's dream about.

It's only called rape if you say no.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So I guess, you all missed the several posts where people told you that "to the victor go the spoils".

In the politics of the United States, a spoil system (also known as a patronage system) is a practice where a political party, after winning an election, gives government jobs to its voters as a reward for working toward victory, and as an incentive to keep working for the party—as opposed to a merit system, where offices are awarded on the basis of some measure of merit, independent of political activity.

The term was derived from the phrase "to the victor belong the spoils" by New York Senator William L. Marcy,[1][2] referring to the victory of the Jackson Democrats in the election of 1828, with the term spoils meaning goods or benefits taken from the loser in a competition, election or military victory. [3]

Similar spoils systems are common in other nations that traditionally have been based on tribal organization or other kinship groups and localism in general.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is a suprize!? I thought that's how our system runs. Look at "Browny" he had no qualifications.

new topics

top topics

join