It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian street preacher physically attacked by homosexuals (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am not a Christian or gay, but I would be really happy if both of these groups would take their views elsewhere. However I do agree with the right of either group to free speech and to not be assaulted while exercising their rights.

Bottom line is if someone is annoying me with their pet agenda I have a right to ignore them, not assault them. Why can't people just agree to disagree?
edit on 2013/7/12 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

If you don't understand how the two are not incompatible I'm not sure if can paraphrase it to make more sense to you.

I will try though...

I do not condone the violent actions at all. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

The sign holders should be more responsible for their own safety.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Pathetic how anyone could make excuses for these people. Assault is assault. It's against the law. I guess since there might be a few issues I disagree with you on I should be able to sucker punch you in the face too, right? I mean, you were asking for it bringing your views to wherever I happened to be at the time...

The depth of depravity which the PC crowd have sunk to seems to know no end, and is apparently incapable of cognisance of it's own hypocrisy.

Assault is only an issue when gays are on the receiving end. When gays assault others, people have this ability to come up with all kinds of excuses to cover for them, as demonstrated in some of the replies.
This has "double standard" written all over it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

And now imagine the uproar if a homosexual went to a church service and started handing out safe sex flyers.

Except the Christian didn't walk into property owned by a gay rights group.

It looked like a public area... which gays are known to use to hold their parades. They had no right to do what they did to the guy with the sign.

The person was there provoking. He got attacked. It is not the most enlightened thing for either party to do, but stuff happens when you try and push people's buttons.

So standing there with a sign is provocation now? And amounts to "pushing peoples buttons"?
Ok, in that case, any protest with signs is bound to push peoples buttons... so does it mean physical assault is justified?

So if someone takes offense to a gay pride parade, can he beat up one of the paraders and justify it by saying "they pushed my buttons".... you know stuff happens when peoples buttons are pushed.
edit on 12-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
This has "double standard" written all over it.

So, if a Palestinian attacks a Jew for bowling their homeland and building an illegal settlement on it, is that a double standard if I say I am not surprised it happened too?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
You can't have it both ways. Either you condemn this sort of behavior unequivocally or you condone it because the victim of the assault rubbed you the wrong way.

Can you not say that I disagree with the actions of that one individual, but at the end of the day if you poke a stick at a hive of bees, who's fault is it if you get stung?

No you can't. That's why we have rule of law, and not mob law. Mob law goes both ways and if you can't see it that way than you are a hypocrite. You have the right to assemble peacefully without being physically assaulted (regardless of what your beliefs are).

All the analogies of poking a bee hive are hypocritical and useless. You would not see things the same way if a gay protester was lynched at a neo nazi rally.

EVERYONE has the right to protest safely. I don't know where you live, but my countrymen DIED to ensure that right, and I would be happy to die to keep it. Gay, Christian, Muslim, All have the right to protest peacefully.

Assaulting someone is WRONG. Period. No excuses.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

what excuses? i haven't read anyone condoning the violence

where was the outcry when i got assaulted by a group in the name of Jesus by myself on a public street?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So, if a Palestinian attacks a Jew for bowling their homeland and building an illegal settlement on it, is that a double standard if I say I am not surprised it happened too?

Getting assaulted for exercising the so called right to free speech has nothing to do with the Palestine issue. I think you are intentionally trying to muddle up the issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

All the analogies of poking a bee hive are hypocritical and useless. You would not see things the same way if a gay protester was lynched at a neo nazi rally.

Actually, I would. As I would if a Satanist went to an outdoor mass on public property and got ejected by Christians for trying to put across his ungodly message.

EVERYONE has the right to protest safely. I don't know where you live, but my countrymen DIED to ensure that right, and I would be happy to die to keep it. Gay, Christian, Muslim, All have the right to protest peacefully.

Assaulting someone is WRONG. Period. No excuses.

I never said it was right, but did your countrymen fight so that one group within your nation can turn on one another and be in their face and try and disrupt their peaceful gathering?

If this was a country woman's institute bake off, I bet there would be no pesky Christians with their 'you are going to hell signs there'..........
edit on 12-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

So standing there with a sign is provocation now? And amounts to "pushing peoples buttons"?

Umm.....yeah. Duh. Potentially. This is situational. Depends on what's written on the sign and the people involved. Of course it can push buttons....

so does it mean physical assault is justified?

No. It means someone let their emotions get the best of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

where was the outcry when i got assaulted by a group in the name of Jesus by myself on a public street?

What excuses? Read through the thread. Comment after comment of excuses. As for outcry, Where is the outcry for the man assaulted in the video? Not coming from you or anyone else on ATS apparently. Where was the outcry for me when I was assaulted for being me?

If you condone the assault on this man because he "poked a bee hive", then you condone your own victimization, because according to your own logic, you poked the wrong hive.

The point is that physical assault is NOT acceptable. If you were assaulted in the name of Jesus then I'd suggest you just take a look at what Jesus had to say about such people. They are no friends of His.

No matter what wrongs were visited upon you, it does not make assaulting someone right. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make this. It's like muslims who say "we don't agree with violent extremism BUT...". Either you condemn the actions without excuse, or you condone them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

If I saw you being attacked by a bunch of hypocrites (Jesus wouldn't act like that) I would have come to your defense! Nobody that goes around attacking people just for who they are is any kind of brethren in my book.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Getting assaulted for exercising the so called right to free speech has nothing to do with the Palestine issue. I think you are intentionally trying to muddle up the issue.

No, I am trying to point out the issue of provocation. You can speak freely, but if you do so in a manner that provokes another person or group of people, well this is how wars start actually. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility and that responsibility includes accepting that your words / actions may be viewed negatively by others and in extreme cases may receive a violent negative reaction. It's all down to thinking about what you say before you say it.

The Palestine issue is an illustration of extreme provocation and a show that my standards are uniform. i.e. I am not surprised that the protestor got attacked and I am definitely not surprised if a Palestinian attacks a Jew over the loss of land. They are both examples where the attacking party was provoked.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

What excuses? Read through the thread. Comment after comment of excuses. As for outcry, Where is the outcry for the man assaulted in the video? Not coming from you or anyone else on ATS apparently. Where was the outcry for me when I was assaulted for being me?

If you condone the assault on this man because he "poked a bee hive", then you condone your own victimization, because according to your own logic, you poked the wrong hive.

The point is that physical assault is NOT acceptable. If you were assaulted in the name of Jesus then I'd suggest you just take a look at what Jesus had to say about such people. They are no friends of His.

No matter what wrongs were visited upon you, it does not make assaulting someone right. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make this. It's like muslims who say "we don't agree with violent extremism BUT...". Either you condemn the actions without excuse, or you condone them.

please quote all my post, at what point did i condone violence? i haven't read one person condoning violence, they have said that the preachers should have known they would not be received well, but no one including me has condoned any violence

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That was the Holy Roman Catholic Church who authorized the crusades. It is a system, and by means NOT Christian, even though it has Christ themes. War is not what Jesus taught, war is the tool of the pope.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
War is not what Jesus taught

Perhaps someone should have told the protestor that when he waltzed into a gay gathering with a 'Repent or else' sign.

And to cast a slightly different light on the Homo v God thing, I've been to these sorts of events and there have been Christian groups there. They have had a little stand and some pamphlets etc to hand out and were let be in peace by the crowd, in fact some people even went over and spoke with them and it was all very civilised. Opinions were exchanged and no-one was harmed. I've also seen gay friendly pastors attending who were warmly welcomed by the gay community at these type of things.

It's once again, not so much what you say, but how you say it. Bearing witness to God by saying 'repent or else' is not going to win brownie points at a gay event, an atheist event, an anti abortion rally or any other sort of Christianity vs rally.
edit on 12-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Its funny, the whole thing. This retard shows up with a sign to start trouble and he gets it. But we all know if it was the other way around people would be going crazy about how it was a hate crime and how he should be locked up, then there would be some TV movie about it. Apparently to many people intolerance is only intolerance when you think one side is right.
Lets get some equality and charge these guys with a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Lets get some equality and charge these guys with a hate crime.

And showing up to a peaceful gay rally looking for trouble is not a hate crime in itself?

But yes, this person who attacked the sign holder is a citizen of his country and is subject to the same laws as everyone else. I am imagining it would be aggravated assault, or assault he would be charged with, depending on the judge's view over the provocation of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No kidding! I can ONLY assume that this had NOTHING to do with being GAY, due to the guys sign, which he has EVERY right to hold in public, saying absolutely NOTHING about homosexuality. I did however notice it mentioned.. DRUNKENESS...

If it weren't for the video, obviously these drunken LIARS would more than likely have gotten away with literally ATTACKING, verbally and physically, these two innocent gentlemen. Obviously all it takes is a couple idiots to incite a riot, which undoubtedly would have ended in innocent people holding signs being hurt badly, not to mention the untold number of bystanders and those merely trying to break it up, and VIDEO this disgusting incident!

I have a really huge suspicion that this female's child who obviously was left alone out in the heat, and sun while she acted like a fool on her little drunken rampage, would ALSO have been in immediate danger. What amazes ME, is how she SUDDENLY remembered where her child was, when it was convenient for her to look more "innocent" to the officers who responded by pushing a stroller! This video makes me sick, I DO NOT CARE what the parade was about, or what the sign said...it should Never be Ok for people to antagonize, threaten and BULLY peaceful protesters THEN lie when the police show up, and blame the victims of any wrongdoing... which is OBVIOUSLY what she was doing if you watch the video. I had no problem playing the embedded video, in it's entirety...

Good post!!! Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And showing up to a peaceful gay rally looking for trouble is not a hate crime in itself?

By that line of reasoning, is it also a hate crime for people to counter a 'peaceful' Westboro picket?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join