Bush promotes benefits of immigration reform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. George Bush pushing something that will make the rich richer while ruining the country for the rest of us. They have said that this bill would increase our population another 15 million above the already huge projected population growth. We can't employee the people we already have and our infrastructure is already falling apart and water is running out. How the hell will it make our country better to bring in millions more? Hopefully congress will shoot this down but I doubt it.

seattletimes.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The biggest travesty here is that George Bush still exists

Although now he is no longer president he is the political equvalent of a drunk uncle at a wedding.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The pathway to citizenship is back across the Rio Grande and to the door of the INS office. Any other way is illegal and invasion so far as I'm concerned. They say they don't have the money to send them back yet will spend 10x that amount to keep them here. Fine. Give them 90 days to return home if not they be will arrested and have to work in labor camps until they can pay their own way home. Problem solved.
I think most Americans are sick of a government that harasses them yet panders to people who aren't even citizens.
And for those claiming amnesty will workwe already did it in the 80's.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'll trade immigration reform for a repeal of NAFTA.

I do get a seat at the table right? Or is this a tyranny?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Give them 90 days to return home if not they be will arrested and have to work in labor camps until they can pay their own way home. Problem solved.

Do not allow your cynicism and fear to mislead you.

Anytime someone says labor camps in reference to government policies as a solution to any problem, they have just revisited the age old problem as it is exactly that easy of a trap to fall into.

If we had a system like that, they would totally find a way to say anyone they wanted was an illegal foreign invader. Like people who don't get a divers licence, etc.
I can see plenty of loopholes to exploit with your plan to put all my political opponents in labor camps.
Then because they don't have a home aside of here, they can stay in the labor camp forever since there is no where to pay home to go to.

Sooo yeah. Go have a cup of coffee and ponder how truly dark of a vision that could become with a half-intelligent dictator.
edit on 11-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wonder if GW would be as supportive for amnesty if a million or so people from Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran were here illegally. Or how about a fleet of about 10 million Chinese showing up in Hawaii looking for citizenship?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I wonder if GW would be as supportive for amnesty if a million or so people from Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran were here illegally. Or how about a fleet of about 10 million Chinese showing up in Hawaii looking for citizenship?

My guess is that Bush, Obama, and company would still be ecstatic.

$$$.

Cheap wages for their corporate buddies, more tax revenue, more civil unrest, closer to their vision of a border-less NWO, less middle class and more poverty.

Win for them.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I realize how harsh that sounds but it would be like prison more or less. Since they all do work for corporations now they would be treated the same as the prison population. They are breaking the law so why does my cousin have to spend 2 years for B&E someone's home while they get amnesty for breaking in to a country?

They can lock up anybody they want and trump up charges to make it stick. So, no, I don't actually share your concern for using this tactic against political enemies.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

They say they don't have the money to send them back yet will spend 10x that amount to keep them here. Fine. Give them 90

Absolutely correct! Not only that, but if they stopped hiring them and giving incentives, they would self deport.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Honestly?

Bush needs to shut up.

Then for all those that say 'we need immigration reform' we don't because it is working as it was designed to:

To keep mass influx of people from coming here well the idea works in practice not so much is why there are between 10-30 million illegal immigrants because of political manipulation.

Pathways to citizenship ALREADY exist military service is one like thousands of immigrants who served in Iraq, and Afghanistan who are now LEGAL.

Then there is the other way get in the government line for those who don't want to do military service.

I have said this a thousand time, I will say it a million more:

US citizenship should not be passed out like it was fiat currency, and people who break the law should not get rewarded.

Immigrants want to come here do it the LEGAL way instead of just adding more people who think they are above the law like our 'lawmakers'.
edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Your point is precisely what DOES piss me off on the Immigration thing so much. People focus and scope lock on the Mexicans when they are the least of the issues. As a neighboring nation, we ought to be able to come to agreements with them, when their civil war winds down anyway, and get something worked out.

However, as you note in sarcasm....I note in dead seriousness. Chinese have been smuggled into America by container, plane and land border for decades to feed the sweat shop industries and sex slave trade in this nation. Iraqi's did flood over in 1991, with some being a reward for intelligence offered. Daddy bush gets the thanks for that one. Afghanistan BETTER have some immigrants out of it, lest we repeat Vietnam in every way and leave the individuals who have worked closely with us to face the music of enemy justice when we're gone and can't prevent it.

Point being tho.... it's amazing that it takes George Bush ...perhaps the most partisan and divisive figure in most of America's history ...to show how non-partisan this disaster of a system really is. After all...Bush had no interest in a secure border either. He was too busy prosecuting border agents for doing their job and sending them to federal prison while treating "victims" like rock stars.

The band plays on.....in many languages from many lands. All soon to be made legal. (sigh)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The entire immigration bill originated in the Senate and was passed in the Senate.

I'm reading that all tax bills must originate in the House, and therefore, this may be unconstitutional.

I wonder if this whole deal is just another ruse to stir up controversy and give the Dems somebody to point fingers at.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But immigration 'reform' isn't about the Chinese or any other immigrant

The only thing it is about are those from Mexico and has nothing more than giving a particular party more voters.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Just more proof that Obama and Bush are the same side of the coin.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sr. Bush tiene palanca con el ayuntamiento....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

But immigration 'reform' isn't about the Chinese or any other immigrant

Of course you're right for the people writing this bill and that is the whole core of the problem. Isn't it always? Our Legislators are like small children. As long as they get their bright shiny new thing to play with, they couldn't be bothered with such abstract things like unintended consequences and long term impact for negative effects. All that's 'in the future' for some other elected people to deal with ....so on with getting the shiny new thing, now now now.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's absolutely true after all they are the same people who wrote the immigration law, and who all were/mostly there when Reagan passed 'reform', 'Amnesty' and got the shaft.

So they wrote the law, and says 'oh that law doesn't matter' let's give them a trophy for showing up.

I have nothing but sheer disgust at the immigration 'issue' creating solutions that create problems to offer more 'solutions'.

The endless rinse and repeat of stupidity on Capitol Hill that rhymes with Capital Shills.
edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Bush ? Really ? REALLY?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The law breaking illegals will be rewarded, no one will benefit from this reform but them! Most people don't even know what exactly is in that bill. The damned thing is over 1000 pages long!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Again...there is no benefit but to the illegals who broke the law and will now be rewarded.

The White House late Thursday dispatched an email to President Obama's campaign supporters that provided a video claiming that immigration reform will result in a 5.4 percent growth in GDP as "highly skilled" workers and "entrepreneurs" add to the country's economic base. No mention was made of low-skilled workers, the bulk of illegal immigrants in the country

Heritage is highlighting a chart that details the taxes paid and government services received by all Americans, including illegal immigrants. It shows that after amnesty, immigrants will cost governments $12,433 in benefits over the taxes they pay per year. Over a lifetime of an adult illegal granted amnesty, the difference between benefits received and taxes paid would be a cost to taxpayers of $592,000.

washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 12-7-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join