It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clarification Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i have a quick question.

is it against T&C to post another member's post from another thread to counter a statement or ask for their clarification of their statement?

example, lets say they say it's ok to do one thing in one thread, but in another thread they say it not.

is it ok to call them on it, and use their post as a reminder.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Mmm... Hypocritical Ignorance... What a pickle of a question... Flag~ I'd like to know this answer~

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i have a quick question.

is it against T&C to post another member's post from another thread to counter a statement or ask for their clarification of their statement?

example, lets say they say it's ok to do one thing in one thread, but in another thread they say it not.

I have done this before and my post always gets removed. Apparently it is considered "bullying" when you use another member's own words to prove their hypocritical nature, flip-floping, etc...
edit on 11-7-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Mmm... Hypocritical Ignorance... What a pickle of a question... Flag~ I'd like to know this answer~

that's a good name for it.

and yes it's a pickle i've seen one post he say's it ok , and i know that he said something else in another.
so if i say you said this and he says so me, i'm stuck.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i have a quick question.

I have done this before and my post always gets removed. Apparently it is considered "bullying" when you use another member's own words to prove their hypocritical nature, flip-floping, etc...
edit on 11-7-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

same has happened to me to.
but i used a post from the same thread and they removed it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think the main thing in any thread is to focus on the content rather than the person delivering it.

It's difficult to do at times, but it's a good exercise in my opinion, as it helps in real life as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just how I see it (this is not necessarily official policy):

If you're engaging someone in a thread and you point out something they said in another thread- that is just fine.

Now, if you take a quote from them and start an entire thread based off their quote, then that is not OK and will almost always get trashed if noticed by a mod due to singling out another member.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think your absolutely correct
I should have added in my original post, I have found myself re-evaluting positions on any given topic while on ATS... So I have also more than likely contraditced myself at one time or another...

I can see where bullying would come in as well...

I think this is where the T&C's come into play at the same time... I guess I would call my Hypocritcal Ignorance comment a Arrogant statement as perceptions change yes, though I understand where and when I would personally use another person's words against themselves.

It's a double edged enigma....
my brain = fried now...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just how I see it (this is not necessarily official policy):

If you're engaging someone in a thread and you point out something they said in another thread- that is just fine.

Now, if you take a quote from them and start an entire thread based off their quote, then that is not OK and will almost always get trashed if noticed by a mod due to singling out another member.

Not always the case as sometimes when an OP starts an entire thread based on a quote the mod not only sanctions it but supports the hypocrisy.
It must depend on the mod.Or that mods think they can be off duty mods and not mods at times on ATS.

new topics

top topics

join