Favorite thread(s) of all time?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Forgive if this is in the wrong forum; Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I've been thinking; which can be seen as a good or a bad thing depending on how one may look at it. In all of the ATS continuum what are the most favorite threads of all time? I mean what are everyone's favorite's? Threads come and go so quickly that once they are discussed on in the topics pages they are gone, and there is no discussion after that. The purpose of this thread is to have people talk about their favorite threads and ,perhaps, re-ignite some discussions about these important topics with their ATS peers.

So, what's your favorite thread(s)? Which topics would you want to see discussed further?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'd like to get some gold thread so I could have my wife make me a nice gold hat. The tinfoil one crinkles to much so I can't wear it in public.

I think this may be severely off topic, I guess I will be getting some mail from a mod shortly. At least I feel they know I exist when I get those letters.

I like a lot of threads, I can't choose a favorite.
edit on 11-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

this thread here is one of my favourites.
the amount of replies it received very quickly, everyone feeling the same way.
quite a few people signed up just to reply.
it really was an eye opener, the amount of people feeling something that they couldnt quite put their finger on.
the outpouring of emotion was something i havnt seen before
edit on 11/7/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'd have to say this thread is my favourite of all time.
S&F

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
One of my all-time favorites is the Dark Kn1ght thread.
It's actually the one topic that brought me to ATS years ago. Too bad it wasn't real.

The next one is about the girl with the weird website.. I followed this one for awhile before giving up.

Then there's the 9/11 threads. This one is one of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My favourite two

What do members look like in your minds eye

This may be a tad narcissistic because I authored it but it was so much fun

Members as teenagers

Those threads were a riot

E.T.A. I nearly forgot Heff's epic Bacon thread

Cody
edit on 11/7/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Um... clearly its the "Post a Funny Pic" thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Mine for sure are post a funny pic and avatar creations.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Been some great threads over the years and it's quite hard to single one out as my favourite.

However, there used to be member called jedimiller who authored some hilarious threads, his most memorable being about microwaving a hotdog into another dimension.
Unfortunately I can't find it on search but here's a selection of some of his other one's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope I don't offend anyone but he was a complete crank - the hotdog thread was truly bizarre.

Got to say the Dark Kn1ght thread sticks in the mind as well.

I also remember a thread from way back when someone reported seeing strange lights in North East England.
Various members collaborated, explored various explanations and eventually proved that they originated from M.O.D. owned Otterburn ranges where exercises involving helicopters were / had been taking place - unfortunately my memory fails me and I don't know what it was called or who authored it.

ETA

Found the North East strange lights thread - and the lights were flares not helicopters.
edit on 11/7/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Any threads started by Bernard.

Also, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I remember the hot dog thread. I was new when it was making its way across the recent post page and wondered what on earth this site was about.

My two favorites of all time are Kinglizard's NDE thread:

And Signals' funny pic thread:

Favorite author is Skyfloating for his unusual topic threads such as:

Underground dwarves:

Mystery mountain:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I remember the hot dog thread. I was new when it was making its way across the recent post page and wondered what on earth this site was about.

Hope all is good Ashley, been a while.

I think I was pretty new to it as well.
I remember showing a cousin of mine this site and the first thread he read was 'the hotdog' thread - he creased up laughing.....and never visited the sight again!
But then again, he thinks Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the JFK killing, all UFO's have a logical and reasonable explanation and that conspiracy theorists are all nutjobs.

I like Skyfloatings threads but got to say that Slayer69 is by far my favourite thread starter and I've got to say that whilst he's not a prolific thread starter over the last year or so I've become a Phage convert.
I never agreed with everything he posted but I always enjoyed mikesingh's threads.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The mystery mountain is way cool.

new topics
top topics

join