It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, the wife has HPV...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A lot of people have HPV. It wasn't discovered to be a disease until a while back. I guess it is pretty common. Before they figured out what was causing it many doctors used to imply the symptoms were in a woman's head.

Sometimes the symptoms aren't even noticable and sort of come out for some reason. I read quite a bit about this problem but it seems that not really that much is known about it yet for me to get even a hint of what to treat it with. I know that Saffron does help to stop the progression of some viruses. Maybe eating Saffron buns occasionally will keep it from getting worse. There are many things that slow the progression of viruses in the body, some tested and some not. Seems like medical science doesn't want to test natural things that can replace medicines they create. I do know that Saffron has been tested extensively but do not remember if it has been tested on HPV for sure.

Lots of old home remidies work, just because modern medicine doesn't test them because evidence from testing may be counterproductive to their sales doesn't mean that they are not real. I know about Saffron because I was studying AIDS research a while back and they were working with Safrininen. Maybe it might be worth your time to study this and try to see if it keeps outbreaks from forming. I test lots of things on myself, but I don't think my wife or I have any symptoms of HPV.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Well, for the moment people can still be anonymous on the internet.

Well, anonymous regarding each other.....
But the government knows who we are!

Not really, a moderate kid of this generation can track the user to their city.. some can even home in on the neighborhood.

Tracking IP address can be done in 10 minutes.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
CDC info on HPV

Lots of information here. I was unaware that you could actually get rid of HPV, but apparently it's normal to do so. Lot's of links related on the right side of the page.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't know how long you've been married for, but if you or your wife suddenly contracted HPV, then one of you has been cheating on the other. You don't just randomly get it. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease.

That is a lie. Male carriers can be born with this and NEVER KNOW IT~ Same goes for women. YOU can be born with it and never know or show any signs. DOES NOT MEAN SOMEONE WAS CHEATING~

Yup I second that!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't know how long you've been married for, but if you or your wife suddenly contracted HPV, then one of you has been cheating on the other. You don't just randomly get it. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease. There is the possibility that one or both of you have had it all along and contracted it from a previous sexual partner. I'm not sure if they are able to tell if it is a recent infection or not.

This is very untrue. The HPV virus can lay dormant for many, many years. It does the same in the males... in fact he could have given it to her and not even know that he is a carrier himself.

Stop being mean and offering uneducated and inflammatory opinions where they don't belong.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
HPV has been found to have caused about 80 % of oral-pharangeal cancer and somewhere between 25 - 80 % of lung cancers. They are looking still looking for the strains of HPV that would account for the remaining oral-pharangeal and lung cancers.

HPV also causes 100 % of cervical cancer.

Anywhere there is an opening in your body, the opening is protected by mucous membrane. HPV causes cancer where there is a mucous membrane lining.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not to dismiss the subject as unimportant, or seem uncaring, but I believe your wife may be more likely to die crossing the street. When I saw the first commercials about HPV I knew it was another example of media sensationalism. Most people have been infected, most people do not die of cervical cancer. Just because something is potentially a leading cause of Cancer does not mean everyone with it will get Cancer.

on HPV:

And three-fourths of sexually active people between ages 15 and 49 have been infected at some point in their lives, according to estimates from the American Social Health Association
WebMD link on HPV

Other cancers that can be caused by HPV, including some vaginal, vulvar, penile, anal, and oropharyngeal cancers: Each year in the U.S., HPV is thought to cause an estimated:
•2,100 vulvar cancers,
•500 vaginal cancers,
•600 penile cancers,
•2,800 anal cancers in women,
•1,500 anal cancers in men,
•1,700 oropharyngeal cancers in women,* and
•6,700 oropharyngeal cancers in men.*

*Note: Other factors, notably tobacco and alcohol use, may also play a role with HPV to cause these cancers.
CDC source

In other news over 35,000 people die every year in the US from the common flu... so what's scarier?

I apologize if I am coming across as cold, but I think you most likely have better things to be concerned about, don't worry, we all are mortal and dealing with mortality is part of life.

Also, if you ask your Doctor don't be surprised that they googled the same links I presented. Doctors do not know everything.

Pedestrian accidents:

Though the number of pedestrian fatalities fell from 5,585 in 1995 to 4,280 in 2010, there were an estimated 70,000 reported pedestrian injuries in 2010. Pedestrian injuries have been on a downward trend, with 70,000 reported injuries in 2009 representing a decrease of 14,000 reported injuries since 1995. However, we know from research into hospital records that only a fraction of pedestrian crashes that cause injury are ever recorded by the police.
Link

Cervical Cancer deaths in a recorded year:

•3,909 women in the United States died from cervical cancer

CDC Link

Be happy and enjoy life

edit on 11-7-2013 by Volund because: oops repeated info....

edit on 11-7-2013 by Volund because: added more info

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

Bravo Volund! The more people who gain perspective on just what the word "risk" actually means, the better!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness
I've been trying to research on this virus, but there is so much information I wanted to come to my brothers and sisters of ATS whom are well versed in this issue. I know I most likely have it as well, being active with her. What we would like to know, is are there any preventative measures we can take to lower the risk of this changing into a cancer? Perhaps dietary or supplement changes to aid the body in fighting it? I've heard HPV can leave the system on its own as well, is this true? Ats, educate us please.

Hello there Sickness. I hope you don't mind hearing my experience with it. I myself have (or had) HPV and was quite surprised when I had found out, this was many years ago. Well from what I remember, the doc told me there are different strains of it. I don't remember what mine was specifically. I didn't really do anything about except get PAPs more often. At one point, they wanted me to take a vaccine that might prevent it from causing cervical cancer and genital warts. I never used it.

Well eventually, they found lesions or something abnormal on my cervix (I believe caused by the HPV virus) which they said could become cancerous. So they recommended the LEEP procedure which I had done. After that, there were no probs. Never noticed it since. Didn't even really notice it before either actually.

LEEP Procedure

Fast forward many years ahead, I ask my doctor about it out of curiosity, and lo and behold, she didn't even see HPV virus on my PAP. She didn't even know I ever had it. I guess it's something that can just go away. Before, I was under the impression it was a lifetime thing.

HPV can cause serious health problems, including genital warts and certain cancers. There is no certain way to tell who will develop health problems from HPV and who will not. In most cases HPV goes away by itself before it causes any health problems, and most people who become infected with HPV do not even know they have it.

HPV Facts

Well anyway, I hope this helps and sorry for the TMI all.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

First of all do not listen to any of the folk that tell you this viral infection is going to cause cancer, the fact is that depending on the strain it may increase the risk of cancer. HPV is one of the most common STI's known, actually there are probably many more that we are not even aware of. Also Anyone who states that this is just a sexually transmitted disease is incorrect. This can be passed by other factors and some individuals are apparently born with it. In fact there are at least 40 different HPV viruses and I think the vaccine only protects against 6 (i might be wrong). I love how someone immediately suggested your wife may have been cheating on you. I am often disappointed by what appears to be a sense of joy people get from telling you bad news, even if it is about as reliable as a politicians promises. Just ignore them they are retarded.....

Don't let your partner panic, its really not a big deal, please check my numbers but I believe that only 3-10% of women who have one of the 16 viral strains linked to cancer actually get cancer. Or think of it the other way your wife has a 90-97% chance she will be fine (again please check my numbers). Eating a good diet and getting regular exercise will always reduce your risk of cancer (he says sitting on the couch with a chocolate eclair). Her odds are better than me not getting prostate cancer as all the guys on my dads side got it but you know what? I don't give a f!@#$ I will worry about it if it happens.

Chill out, enjoy your life and don't let the fear ruin a rather interesting experience.... LIFE
)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

RASPUTIN13 Please get your facts straight before answering questions like this. Your attitude and ignorance is both upsetting and to be frank a little disappointing. HPV can be contracted by non sexual means according to the most recent peer reviewed research and there was no indication this person thought his wife was cheating. Try to be a little more thoughtful.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
it is estimated that 75 percent of reproductive age women and men have been infected with genital HPV at some point in their lives (Cates, 1999). The highest rates of genital HPV infection are found in adults between the ages of 18 and 28 (Koutsky, 1997). HPV is also prevalent among people with immunosuppressive disorders, such as HIV (Koutsky & Kiviat, 1999). HPV is believed to be widespread across racial groups and to have very little variation in prevalence across regions in the U.S. (CDC, 2000).

So there you go, if you have lived and you have loved you have probably got HPV! I hope Rasputin13 has kept their legs closed...... ;o)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

your net research will lead you to immune system supplements and vaccinations.

you will find conflicting answers and opinions.

Just go by what your doctor tells you or you will go crazy with worry and strss.

all of those things affect your immune system and retarding your immune system is not something you want to do when you have a virus running rampant on your body.

you could have been a carrier or she could have had it suppressed by her immune system till now. you wil find all these theories as you research because i am sure you will not take my word for it.

Four years ago i was with a woman and we had a scare. it turned out to be nothing but it took them weeks to get back to us about it to say it was okay.

prior to that i had a friend who had it and did have complications. she got cervical cancer and had two operations. fast forward to today she has a new little daughter and she just fine.

through my day and night research i realized how common it is and that worrying about it is like worrying about dieing to the flu. It can happen has happened and will happen but typically your body clears. it.

considering how common hpv is .. you would expect more people to perish to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
>_

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Warts can indicate a type of HPV is present in your system.

Wiki Wart

I found this as well

How to get rid of the virus? To rid your body of the virus, you must increase your immune system naturally. Your body will be able to automatically increase your immune system eventually, but this process could take years to do. Aiding the body with natural herbs is your best line of defense. Sadly enough, there are currently no pharmaceutical medicines available that will cure or get rid of HPV.
To rid the body of HPV, you must use some of the best immune boosters such as: colostrum, garlic, medicinal mushrooms, echinacea, pau d'arco and astragulas. In addition to the herbs listed, learn how to detoxify your body by ridding all chemicals and processed foods from your diet. Learning how to flush the toxins from the body would be part of this plan, including rebounding on a mini-trampoline to get the lymph flowing properly.

Other immune boosters are Black Cumin & Muscadine Grape.

Also here are some more tips
Immune System Busters & Boosters

My research tells me HPV is really easy to get, it's not really a true STD either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join