It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, the wife has HPV...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've been trying to research on this virus, but there is so much information I wanted to come to my brothers and sisters of ATS whom are well versed in this issue. I know I most likely have it as well, being active with her. What we would like to know, is are there any preventative measures we can take to lower the risk of this changing into a cancer? Perhaps dietary or supplement changes to aid the body in fighting it? I've heard HPV can leave the system on its own as well, is this true? Ats, educate us please.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know how long you've been married for, but if you or your wife suddenly contracted HPV, then one of you has been cheating on the other. You don't just randomly get it. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease. There is the possibility that one or both of you have had it all along and contracted it from a previous sexual partner. I'm not sure if they are able to tell if it is a recent infection or not.

Also, the only cancer that I personally know HPV to be linked to is cervical cancer, which you obviously need not worry about. But now that your wife knows she has it then I'm sure your physician will keep a close eye on things and thus be able to act before the cancer spreads or becomes serious, God forbid she ever have it.

As far as advice... I must say I am continually surprised at the amount of people who seek serious medical advice on an internet website. If you want real advice, then listen to your doctor. If you don't like what they're telling you, then get a second opinion from another doctor. The bottom line is you're probably going to hear 30 different things from 30 different people on here who have all sorts of different beliefs. Some may be right, but most will surely be wrong. I suppose there's nothing wrong with asking for more information on here. But, personally speaking, the last thing I would do is go on a website and announce that my wife has a sexually transmitted disease and that I may too be infected. Call me vain, but that's the type of information that I would keep to myself. I'm not married but I am fairly certain that if I was and if I went online and made such a pronouncement about my wife, she would castrate me. And she would have every right to, in my opinion!

Regardless, good luck.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

My wife had it in 2006. She was pretty upset about it.

A few years ago she had a pap and it came back negative. So it most definately can go away on its own.

I haven't been with anyone else but her so I'm sure I had it too. It just does'nt affect men other than being a carrier. I believe it is a pretty prevalent thing with women and can show up several years after they contract it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

But, personally speaking, the last thing I would do is go on a website and announce that my wife has a sexually transmitted disease and that I may too be infected. Call me vain, but that's the type of information that I would keep to myself. I'm not married but I am fairly certain that if I was and if I went online and made such a pronouncement about my wife, she would castrate me. And she would have every right to, in my opinion!

Well, for the moment people can still be anonymous on the internet. Yeah, ATS has some flawed opinions, but so do many doctors as well. And since its such a prevalent STD I don't think there should be any shame in asking for advice on what to do about it.

Also, it can take years for it to show up after its been contracted by one partner, so it does not really mean that someone is cheating.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

HPV is most rampant in men. Though there is no test verifying a positive to HPV in males. Males tend to break out in the down under section, not to be confused with genital warts, HPV is similar yet not.

Male carriers can carry it there whole lives and never show signs. Then one day, WAMMO! HELLO!~ NURSE~!

It's more devastating to the female anatomy. It is one of the leading causes to cancer in female reproductive organs and if not maintained and kept a constant eye ***Check up by the gyno*** can be very bad... bad. bad. bad.

Also, if she has broken out in her area, can make "love" making very uncomfortable and down right hurt for her.

I'm not sure if the vaccine would still work as it is fairly new but should be inquired about with the doctor. They do have a vaccine for men now also but I think there's a age limit on both...

It can clear up on it's own. You are correct, it's a mysterious thing... As much as we know, ultimately we don't...

Hope that helped mate~

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't know how long you've been married for, but if you or your wife suddenly contracted HPV, then one of you has been cheating on the other. You don't just randomly get it. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease.

That is a lie. Male carriers can be born with this and NEVER KNOW IT~ Same goes for women. YOU can be born with it and never know or show any signs. DOES NOT MEAN SOMEONE WAS CHEATING~

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Did your day start off wrong? You seem quite pissy to me. Anyways, it was her first pap, and were both loyal, so its most likely been there all along. I was unaware anyone on here knew who I am or who my wife is, so neither the wife or myself care about announcing HPV. Oh yeah, all the doc wants to do is wait a year for another pap, so we see nothing wrong with using the internet to get opinions and find out any extra info. If you or your wife have issues with doing that, so be it, that's on you. No need to be negative. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sorry about the first poster mate... Sometimes arrogance is as rampant as ignorance on this site.
Don't let it deter your questions, there are a lot of well informed people on this site, just gotta take the good with the bad~

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just make sure that your wife goes for her yearly pap smear. HPV can turn into cervical cancer but often does not. Chances are that one or both of you had it before ever meeting. As far as supplements that may help if I were you I'd consult with a respected nutritionist. Try not to worry too much, more people have HPV than don't and will likely never be aware of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Well said. I'm not sure if he meant to come off that way or not, sometimes it just happens. Yeah I'll be sure to continue my search on ATS. There are quite a few nut jobs here, but there are many brilliant minds as well. Like you said, good with the bad

edit on 01/08/2011 by Thesickness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I'll keep that in mind, I suppose were both worked up because we just found out yesterday. For what its worth the doc said the readings were low (what ever that means). He said its a good thing and its probably not one of the more sever strains.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Well, for the moment people can still be anonymous on the internet.

Well, anonymous regarding each other.....
But the government knows who we are!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Glad to hear from a fellow husband! It was quite a shock when we heard yesterday, but its good to hear it cleared from your wife! Here's hoping it does the same for mine.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Too true. Thankfully I don't think the gov cares about us HPV carriers, unless its a major conspiracy ATS needs to crack. Haha

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What that means is that the virus isn't multiplying rapidly and taking over her reproductive system, which is awesome! Some strains of HPV work quickly and the woman will find out she had cervical cancer before ever knowing that HPV is present. The less aggressive the strain of HPV the lesser the chance of it causing cancer.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Michael Douglas blamed his cancer on HPV. He spoke of his persistent 'oral contact' with females as the cause of his throat cancer.........just wondering. This being so then the HPV is a very dangerous bug indeed, because I doubt people will be altering their sexual "appetites" anytime soon.

Michael Douglas’ Throat Cancer Tied to Oral Sex? Says his throat cancer may have stemmed from HPV.

Off topic - littled16 would you please consider changing your Avatar? Its rather disturbing and every time I see it I have to go into preferences and turn off all Avatars.
edit on 11-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, let's see. Its a virus so start including anti viral foods in your diet. Number one on the list is raw organic garlic. In the morning before your first cup of tea or coffee put a clove of garlic into a garlic press and put the bits that come through the press and the juice into a spoon. Have a glass of water ready and down the garlic and follow it with water. Wait about five minutes and then take the 2nd best anti viral, raw honey. I prefer the White Gold brand from Canada which I order off of Amazon. Take about a teaspoon but not over a tablespoon and let it roll down your throat and don't drink anything for about an hour.

After that go ahead with tea or coffee and breakfast. For an afternoon or evening sweet put about a cup or so of the third best food, organic plain yogurt, throw a palm full of walnuts on top and drizzle raw organic honey on top, about 2 teaspoons.

This combo works for a lot of ailments not just viral. You might notice after time lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, less flu bugs, oh and parasites in our bodies from meat, fish and veggies hate it and will start moving out, lol.

I know the breath problem with the garlic is a pain but if it works, it works. I've been doing this for awhile now and when my grandkids get a bug everyone in the house gets it except for me. They are starting to eat more garlic in their salads now, making more pico de gallo also. Also they like the honey i gave them.

Oh, also parsley and cilantro is a great food to add too.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be eradicated soon.
edit on 7/11/2013 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

My comment is just for information purposes. It was recently reported that Michael Douglas, the actor, recently reported that his throat cancer was caused by HPV and oral sex. You might want to go forward as informed as possible. All the best to you and your wife.

www.cbsnews.com...
Michael Douglas HPV report

oops....I see someone else already posted this.
edit on 11-7-2013 by queenofswords because: To add last line.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's some info on raw honey and viruses:

Source:www.livestrong.com...

Herpes Virus
Honey may have an impact on the herpes simplex virus, both genital and labial, or mouth, lesions. Recently, studies have been conducted to determine whether or not honey is as effective as a standard medication. The "Medical Science Monitor" published a study in August 2004 that investigated the difference in topical treatments of honey or acyclovir on herpes simplex lesions. The study concluded that the duration of attacks and pain, occurrence of crusting, and mean healing time with topical honey treatment was significantly better than with acyclovir cream. Two cases of labial herpes and one case of genital herpes remitted completely with the use of honey. More data is needed, however. Talk to your doctor before trying honey for any herpes outbreaks.

Rubella Virus
The rubella virus is the cause of German measles as well as congenital rubella syndrome. Although considered a mild viral disease, and not as harmful as measles, if contracted during pregnancy it can harm the fetus. A study published in the fall of 1996 in the "Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine" compared the impact of thyme extracts and honey solutions on the rubella virus. While thyme extracts did not prove effective against strains of the virus, researchers found that honey solutions were able to kill the virus. This experiment was done on monkey kidney cells, however; therefore, more studies are needed before honey can be considered a human treatment option for rubella.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And here's some more info on the benefits of raw garlic:

Warning: do not take if you are on blood thinners as it also thins the blood.

Source:articles.mercola.com...

The Many Health Benefits of Garlic

Garlic is a triple-whammy: it’s antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. Studies have even found it is effective at killing antibiotic-resistance bacteria, including MRSA, and for reducing fungal infections, such as yeast infections, and fighting viruses and parasites.

But that’s only the beginning. Garlic is great for your heart, as it helps to induce the relaxation and enlargement of blood vessels, which improves blood flow throughout the body. This can help to prevent a potentially deadly form of high blood pressure, as well as heart attack and stroke.

Garlic also inhibits the formation of plaques in your arteries, and prevents cholesterol from becoming oxidized, a condition that may contribute to heart disease.

Garlic May Even Fight Cancer

People who eat the most garlic and onions (a close family member to garlic) have increased protection against at least five forms of cancer, according to Italian and Swiss studies, including:

• Esophageal cancer
• Colon cancer
• Breast cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Prostate cancer

It also appears that allicin may be useful as a cancer treatment. When alliinase and alliin (the two components that covert to allicin) were injected into a tumor cell, the reaction not only penetrated the cell but also killed it.

Garlic and Weight Loss

Garlic is good for your heart, fights viruses and bacteria, and may even prevent cancer. Is it possible that it could also help you lose weight too? Well, an interesting study published in the American Journal of Hypertension found allicin was very good for the weight of animals fed a fructose-rich diet.

Not only did the garlic compound lower blood pressure, insulin and triglycerides, but it also helped to control weight. While the animals being fed only the fructose-rich diet gained weight, those whose diets were supplemented with allicin did not, and some even lost weight.

While I still don’t recommend you use garlic to stave off the health risks of eating too much fructose, it certainly lends even more credibility to this powerful herb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join