It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Discovers Portals In Space Between The Earth And The Sun!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The HAARP array in Gakona, ak, is a phased antenna array and can be aimed at the ionosphere in a 45 degree cone. Same for the HAARP array in Tromso Norway.
the web site for Tromso provides some technical but not impossible explanation of how it works.
Basically, the right frequency pulsed in the ground array with the correct timing between antennas can cause the ions in a very narrow region of the ionosphere to begin circulating...with greater speed over time.

this can punch or seal a hole in the ionosphere. the correct frequency causes the ions to surf. toward light speed.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yes I remember reading about it weeks ago. Still cool though

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well this is all jolly fascinating stuff. I cannot wait to see what the results of the mission to examine these "x-points" read like. I also wonder if it is possible to create in a laboratory, a much smaller version of the circumstances in which these things occur. I mean, going out there and looking for them is all sorts of spectacular, but if we can learn ways in which we could control the effect, then we could recreate it small scale,and study the heck out of it to our hearts content.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Well this is all jolly fascinating stuff. I cannot wait to see what the results of the mission to examine these "x-points" read like. I also wonder if it is possible to create in a laboratory, a much smaller version of the circumstances in which these things occur. I mean, going out there and looking for them is all sorts of spectacular, but if we can learn ways in which we could control the effect, then we could recreate it small scale,and study the heck out of it to our hearts content.
would suck if they created something like a portal or wormhole and we all get pulled in. That's why I think it's crazy they wanna make small scale black holes with them collider things. They say that it would be so minuscule that it couldn't happen but honestly they don't know what would happen. They shouldn't be messing with artificial black holes. Just because they think its safe doesn't mean jack. Anything could happen. Ok I'm starting to scare myself haha

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
sun - - - - - earth - - - - - portals ah ha, I KNEW AGW wasn't true and this proves it!!! (sarcasm)
second

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
what temperature would you say it is in space outside of earth's atmosphere in direct line of sight with the sun. or do astronauts and satellites restrict their orbits to the dark side of the earth to avoid direct sunlight?
Unless you're a scientist, the concept of temperature in space will be very confusing to you. For example, in deep space, where the temperature can be over one million degrees, you would quickly freeze to death exposed to that temperature.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Unless you're a scientist, the concept of temperature in space will be very confusing to you. For example, in deep space, where the temperature can be over one million degrees, you would quickly freeze to death exposed to that temperature.
Wow that's crazy.. Can the temperature really be a million degrees and freeze you? I'm intrigued.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

what temperature would you say it is in space outside of earth's atmosphere in direct line of sight with the sun. or do astronauts and satellites restrict their orbits to the dark side of the earth to avoid direct sunlight?

lols. noone has to be a scientist to understand that too far east is west? are you trying to say that it is so hot it feels cold?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have to wonder if these portals line up with the vortexes in the US and in other parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57
The HAARP array in Gakona, ak, is a phased antenna array and can be aimed at the ionosphere in a 45 degree cone. Same for the HAARP array in Tromso Norway.
the web site for Tromso provides some technical but not impossible explanation of how it works.
Basically, the right frequency pulsed in the ground array with the correct timing between antennas can cause the ions in a very narrow region of the ionosphere to begin circulating...with greater speed over time.

this can punch or seal a hole in the ionosphere. the correct frequency causes the ions to surf. toward light speed.

well it took long enough for someone to mention haarp.. lol

i've seen alot of articles on haarp. but i dont follow it much.but from the very little i know about it. this does sound like what they may be attempting. using frequency to manipulate weather patterns. a modern form of stone henge? lol

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
Wow that's crazy.. Can the temperature really be a million degrees and freeze you? I'm intrigued.
This article mentions millions of degrees kelvin and then about 3 degrees kelvin. So scientists report the millions of degrees kelvin, but it feels like only a few degrees kelvin (which is on the order of -260 degrees Celsius).

Worse than wind chill factor, right? The few atoms that are there are hot, but there aren't enough of them to keep you warm, so your body would radiate all its heat and you'd freeze.

What is the Temperature in Space?

Measuring the temperature in space is more complicated than just using a thermometer, since temperature is only a meaningful figure when heat can be efficiently transferred from one body to another. In space, while the temperature of particles can be very high, their density is very low so the ability to transfer heat is minimal. They could be at millions of degrees in the Kelvin range, but since they so rarely collide with one another, the actual phenomenon of temperature or heat exchange doesn't takes place. The temperature in space therefore has to do with the movement and concentration of the molecules, which in turn determines how often they collide with one another to gain or lose energy.

Due to this, the temperature must be determined using Planck's law, which says that every object in the universe emits radiation according to its temperature. By looking at the radiation emitted from space and using this formula, scientists have found that the temperature is about 2.725 K. Different parts of space actually have different temperatures, and the Milky Way galaxy — where the Earth is located — is slightly warmer than many other areas.
In a space capsule, it's electromagnetic radiation from the sun that controls the temperature, not the temperature of space, so on the voyages to the moon they did a "barbeque roll" to even out the 400 degree temperature differential from the sunlight side to the shade side of the spacecraft.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

well that makes me wonder. would the surface of the sun then feel cold or hot? 0.o
maybe it's so hot it's an energy plasma and doesnt burn. just emits radiation which transfers heat to the earth in waves? or how close can we get without burning up?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

If Mercury probe Messenger didn't bring a sort of "umbrella" with it, it would be too hot for the spacecraft even at the orbit of Mercury. But because of shade from the "umbrella", it operates at about room temperature:

www.nasa.gov...

A key MESSENGER design element deals with the intense heat at Mercury. The Sun is up to 11 times brighter than we see on Earth and surface temperatures can reach 450 degrees Celsius (about 840 degrees Fahrenheit), but MESSENGER will operate at room temperature behind a sunshade made of heat-resistant ceramic cloth.
840 degrees F is pretty hot.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

ok, so just outside earth's atmosphere in space, the temperature is so hot that it feels cold... but approaching mercury which is closer to the sun, it drops to only 450 Celsius? i suppose this is because of the close proximity to the sun allowing more particles to collide as it is in a denser location. but that close to the sun and you can say "only 450 degrees celsius?" the temperature of the sun itself is supposed to be near 6000 Kelvin. o.0

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

the temperature of the sun itself is supposed to be near 6000 Kelvin. o.0
That's the surface of the sun. Just above that it's much, much hotter.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by EnochWasRight

First, thanks for spamming a bunch of biblical passages. I'll remember that next time someone whines when I spam some FACTS into a religious thread.

Secondly.... and I only skimmed your post, are you suggesting that these regions of the magnetic field stretching out toward the sun, are the gates mentioned in those passages?

Wouldn't that make the sun heaven?

Gosh, the dude made a connection between this new info and his inner truths, and posted passages related to it. Why does that anger you so? Feel threatened? Hate freedom of thought? And if you feel this annoyed every time a person posts something you don't agree with, well... sucks to be you I guess.

Hope your day gets better.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

These portals, as discussed in the OP, are not wormholes. These are areas where for a split second, teeny tiny particles can pass from the sun to the Earth. Totally different to a stable wormhole, or indeed a black hole.

As for the Hadron Collider, no collider on the planet has enough power to actually put the human race in danger from an out of control black hole. It simply cannot happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I was hoping these "portals" would be an efficant way to send our garbage into the sun. Oh well, I guess magnetised particles are cool too.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

we then have a question about the sun. why is space cold, when our planet is hot. if the earth's atmosphere protects us from heat from the sun, then entering space should fry both occupants and vehicle.

I may be mistaken, but the reason why space is cold is because there is no matter to translate energy between bodies. For example, stone and concrete act as a thermal sink, absorbing great quantities of thermal energy and releasing it for extended periods of time; think of the thermal island effect of urban centers. But on the other hand everyday air is a terrible transfer method of thermal energy, which for example is why the ambient temperature can drop 20 degrees Fahrenheit in a span of minutes prior to a storm (but the sidewalks stay hot).

In space there is a near absence of matter, thus the transfer of thermal energy is next to nonexistent. The moon's composition, much like a desert on the Earth and also lacking an atmosphere, allows for the even more vast temperature swings.

Of course this is pure conjecture on my part, but from the few minutes of searching on google this is what I came to understand on the subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

new layers of understanding are always good. thanks for your contributions.

personally, i'm all for "God" (as you seem to be..)

we are continually admonished for bringing these layers. the bible says not to cast pearls before swine but also to always be ready to provide an answer (for the hope that lies within us)

..i don't know what kind of 'hope' is to be gleaned by these X-portal things? (one member here suggested something about shooting garbage into the sun, maybe a decent application if possible?)

i'm not sure how 'people' could go about utilizing these 'portals' ..now or at any time? ..i think they'd be crushed or frozen/burnt or something..?. 3D things don't seem to be built for long-term/intensive space travel
..i just think of specks of dust (in space) supposedly damaging space shuttle (and so on..)

..i also can't understand how 'scientists' (etc) continually dismiss the thing that seems to sustain them?

..i wish they would just 'hurry up' and somehow "dis-prove" the existence of the "God"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join