It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Court rules city can block the poor from owning handguns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'll even go one step further.

I'll pay the fee of the first person in New York who U2U's me.

New York can kiss my butt! Just TRY to stop people from exercising their rights!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Imposing fees on the exercise of constitutional rights is permissible when the fees are designed to defray (and do not exceed) the administrative costs of regulating the protected activity," the appeals court said.

erm, excuse me but I thought that was what some of those taxes we pay was to be used for,administrative costs of running the government be it state government or federal government.
If we have to pay a user fee for every one of our rights that we choose to exercise then our taxes should be drastically reduced, right? or are we to continue paying ever increasing taxes as well as user fees for our rights?
if they aren`t going to be using our tax money for "administrative costs of regulating the protected activity" then give us that money back!
Charging a user fee to obtain and exercise rights is clearly unconstitutional, no matter what the court says!

edit on 12-7-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said the $340 handgun fee for a three-year license was legal for the same reasons that fees imposed on those seeking to stage a rally or a parade are constitutional.

Constitutional eh?

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

a $340 gun permit doesn't sound 'uniform throughout the US' to me.

They are robbing people.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Loophole, a state law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join